It's Robert Burton week .... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

It's Robert Burton week ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You have to assume if the school's biggest donor doesn't like you, in fact, really, really, really doesn't like you, hates you, and you take the football program to new, unseen lows, and the fans start calling for your head - you have to assume that you are on the way out. If Addazio comes in here next week and gets a W, like I think he just may, P might as well start get that resume ready.
He was hired because of CT high school connections. Maybe he can find an assistant job at Staples or go big time at New Britian.

Reaction Score
I will give Burton a break on this just a little bit: Didn't he have a kid play for PP at cuse and therefore had some firsthand knowledge of what a mistake we were making? Otherwise, he does have a bit of a Montgomery Burns in him.

Except Pasqualoni was young and highly successful back then. What has Cuse done since? The problem I believe is that he benched Burton's son and buried him on the depth chart.

Reaction Score
Except Pasqualoni was young and highly successful back then. What has Cuse done since? The problem I believe is that he benched Burton's son and buried him on the depth chart.

Large ego's clashing, that's all it is.

I'm really hoping that our fans come out on Saturday and help our team. There's a time and place to complain about everything that's going wrong with this season so far, and there's a time and place to support our team no matter what - and that's a homecoming game, for sure.

This game is all about energy, and Addazio will have those Temple players fired up and bouncing off the walls, and if we don't meet, match and overcome their intensity level, we'll be in trouble - and the home crowd, is going to be a huge player in that.

I"m going to do my part, as will my friends my family.

Reaction Score
Carl. Walk the streets and pass the word. Not here. We're going to the game. You wanna do your part? You and your family and friends? You gotta get out there and proselytize the non-believers!! Be a Jehovah's Witness. Door to door. Don't waste valuable finger pecking here. Get out there man!!!

Reaction Score
Carl. Walk the streets and pass the word. Not here. We're going to the game. You wanna do your part? You and your family and friends? You gotta get out there and proselytize the non-believers!! Be a Jehovah's Witness. Door to door. Don't waste valuable finger pecking here. Get out there man!!!

What makes you think I don't regularly bring first timers to games and generate new ticket buyers? Do you?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The problem I believe is that he benched Burton's son and buried him on the depth chart.

Or maybe he honestly felt the guy would be a disaster and set the program back 5 years.

Reaction Score
Was he proven to be correct or not?

I was answering someone who asked what the beef was. Lots of batshit insane people have been correct in their lives.

Reaction Score
Was he proven to be correct or not?

Proven correct on what? You think he didn't want P because he wouldn't be successful? It was because he holds a grudge. That letter was a train wreck and exposed Burton to be a complete child.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
It was a bad hire. I thought Burton was a bombastic lunatic at the time - now, I realize he was Paul Revere, only more wild-eyed and without the horse.

I would love to watch a game with that guy these days. It's three hours of him screaming at the TV, "SEE?! I duck*ING TOLD YOU! ETHEL....GET IN HERE! DIDN'T I TELL THEM?!"

Then his whole family goes to the mall to get away from him for a few hours.

Anywho, I don't know if P gets the UConn program or even what that means, but I do know that he's drowning us.

He has to go, he has to go, he has to go.

It was a bad hire....and Burton is a bombastic idiot. Those two things are both true.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It was because he holds a grudge.

Do we really know that? That was just speculation. And just because you may or may not have a grudge doesn't mean your judgement on a given issue is automatically wrong.

The guy was 100% correct. To not admit that makes you look small.

Reaction Score
Proven correct on what? You think he didn't want P because he wouldn't be successful? It was because he holds a grudge. That letter was a train wreck and exposed Burton to be a complete child.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Even some of the the predictions made in the quatrains written by Nostradamus have come true at some point. In fact, there is one that say's the 2012 UConn football team will go 9 -3. However, it remains silent on who will be the OC that will make this happen.

Reaction Score
Do we really know that? That was just speculation. And just because you may or may not have a grudge doesn't mean your judgement on a given issue is automatically wrong.

The guy was 100% correct. To not admit that makes you look small.

OK, go ahead, you stand 100% behind that letter.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
OK, go ahead, you stand 100% behind that letter.

I thought the letter was nuts. I said so at the time. But the bottom line point he was making has been proven 100% correct, over-the-top hyperbole notwithstanding.

Reaction Score
I thought the letter was nuts. I said so at the time. But the bottom line point he was making has been proven 100% correct, over-the-top hyperbole notwithstanding.

What point was he making?

BTW, if the point was Pasqualoni was a bad hire, 50% of Husky fans agreed with him at the time, if my recollection is right.

Reaction Score
What point was he making?

BTW, if the point was Pasqualoni was a bad hire, 50% of Husky fans agreed with him at the time, if my recollection is right.

What was the margin of error on that statistic? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
What was the margin of error on that statistic? :rolleyes:

The margin is +/- .000059. These threads on the Boneyard are remarkably precise, very little variation in logic and rationality!!!

Reaction Score
The margin is +/- .000059. These threads on the Boneyard are remarkably precise, very little variation in logic and rationality!!!

More often very little logic or rationality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom