It's RIVALRY week!!! | The Boneyard

It's RIVALRY week!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The date UConn football fans circle on their calendar as soon as the schedule comes out...the Civil ConFLiCT!!! Anyone else not able to get a good nights sleep?
Uconn.png

Reaction Score
Yeah. We have to win.

But I see hidden intent & genius in the choice of UCF as the GAME.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Yeah. We have to win.

But I see hidden intent & genius in the choice of UCF as the GAME.
I don't know about genius - he has to win the game first, at least.

Reaction Score
I see Diaco has energetically crazy. A modern Peter Carroll-ish character that college kids would like. Easy to laugh at & easy to roll your eyes. But ... He's had a plan in all the odd stuff.

Reaction Score
In the words of the musical Bard, "Kick 'em when they're up, kick 'em when they're down!"

Win the damned game!

Reaction Score
A question that I don't want to really think about, but needs to be asked. If UCONN loses, does UCF take the trophy? And at that point in time, do they need to recognize the rivalry?

Reaction Score
Huskies season is on the line... this is a gotta have game, lose and ....

Reaction Score
Uconn needs the win... Can't imagine anything better than seeing the team hoist the trophy as they march off the field.

If ucf wins, and they show a shot of that trophy left behind on the sidelines, does that stoke the rivalry even more?

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I absolutely love the fact that Diaco single handedly destroyed UCF by declaring the rivalry. Of course, now there is the small matter of actually winning this Saturday... No pressure!
Clearly UCF was unable to focus this season, with this game in their heads. A win here and their season is saved!

(FWIW, if we beat them this year and celebrate with our trophy, I think it will help make this a true rivalry game as it seems like the kind of thing that is pretty annoying.)

Reaction Score
Uconn needs the win... Can't imagine anything better than seeing the team hoist the trophy as they march off the field.

If ucf wins, and they show a shot of that trophy left behind on the sidelines, does that stoke the rivalry even more?

There is no rivalry but you are on point. What we have is Bobby trying to stir the stew and create one. Should UCF win and disrespect the trophy, they have lit the wick on his little fire cracker! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom