it's going to be a wide open tourney | The Boneyard

it's going to be a wide open tourney

Status
Not open for further replies.

caw

Reaction Score
14 top 25 losses so far this week. #8 TAM and #11 PC being double losers. 4 games tomorrow. Both teams have lost 3 of 4. Also UL should fall out of one poll completely seeing how that poll has never once voted in SMU.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
watched a ton of college basketball in the past 10 days (whats new!) and here is what I see
Villanova maybe the best in the NBE and that league may get 5 or 6 in but its pretty week. I see no teams from the NBE playing past weekend 2
PeeCee is not very good without Bentil - yeah Dunn is good - but that team goes nowhere without the big guy.
West Virginia and Baylor have to be the two most physical, athletic, strongest and meanest teams in the country BUT can they win away from home?
The ACC is the second most over rated P5 conference behind the PAC10 - the PAC10 is horrible
The Big12 - top to bottom is brutal - what a conference - every team looks about 5 years older than any team in most any conference
Big10 will do what they always do - beat the crap out of each other and all but one team will run out of gas when it comes time to dance
I don't see any real outstanding mid majors coming out and really showing that they can play with the big boys - Gonzaga is hurting, Wichita St is questionable - I did see Buffalo play and they looked good
The door is wide open for most anybody who can sustain some momentum and play really good D
Its really going to be the luck of the draw this year
Its going to be fun

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
14 top 25 losses so far this week. #8 TAM and #11 PC being double losers. 4 games tomorrow. Both teams have lost 3 of 4. Also UL should fall out of one poll completely seeing how that poll has never once voted in SMU.
That's the coaches poll, not the AP poll which is the one everyone uses.

caw

Reaction Score
That's the coaches poll, not the AP poll which is the one everyone uses.

Yes. I honestly always forget which is which, though I always use the AP.

Aside: The question I have now is if the AP poll actually is more important if they are ranking two ineligible teams? It kind of takes away from their poll IMO.

Second aside, the count is up to 15 top 25 losses this week after Wichita State lost.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Yes. I honestly always forget which is which, though I always use the AP.

Aside: The question I have now is if the AP poll actually is more important if they are ranking two ineligible teams? It kind of takes away from their poll IMO.

Second aside, the count is up to 15 top 25 losses this week after Wichita State lost.
Rankings are more for media and fans, not as important for postseason seeding as in college football. Ranking SMU and L'Ville at this point in the season is showing their very good seasons are being recognized nationally and that their games still have some weight on other teams resumes.

caw

Reaction Score
Rankings are more for media and fans, not as important for postseason seeding as in college football. Ranking SMU and L'Ville at this point in the season is showing their very good seasons are being recognized nationally and that their games still have some weight on other teams resumes.

Well yes, it's not comparable to football. My point was to question if a program that is banned from postseason play for cheating should be recognized nationally in a poll that is simple an honor? Since the top 25 rankings have no /little bearing on postseason, not including them does nothing to take away from other teams resume as they are still included in RPI, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom