It will be interesting to see how the 2015 class... | The Boneyard

It will be interesting to see how the 2015 class...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
... ends up... With all the adversity we're going thru right now (youth being the main culprit, along with the coaching change). I wonder what HCBD and his staff have up their sleeve. come the beginning of December then The end of January into signing day on Feb 4... So far the class looks great, but we need some kids in the trenches that can push for time in the immediate future.. we need to make a splash up front... and although we'll have 3 scholly QBs by 2015, we need one more... and not camp fodder... we need talent that can push for PT... competition... I'm not sold on our QB situation.. bring in the best talent possible and then battle it out...

Thoughts????

Reaction Score
i like Tyler Davis, but we need at least one more QB in the class

Reaction Score
I am not worried about this class. This incoming class seems to fully buy in to the staff, the plan and each other. Adversity is when you are bad and the staff is at issue (see years 2012-13); it is not when a new staff is brought in and given the freedom to tear the place apart and start over. HCBD has to be one of the safest bets for a recruit wondering who will be his coach in 4 years. Moreover, he shows them all each week that if they can play, they will play. This is no longer a program where a Fr in the program MUST be preceded by a R.

Reaction Score
I think we could use another quarterback too. But my guess is that it is a JUCO. I think Diaco wants to go in a different direction with the position, a more mobile quarterback who runs and throws, rather than the drop back types we have now, and I doubt that Davis will be ready, the NC transfer might but needs a backup who fits the mold. If that turns out to be the direciton we go, we might need another guy who is ready to take some snaps under game conditions. As we saw this year, it isn't that hard to go from having almost too much depth at the position to having none. Quarterback isn't like tight end where you can move someone to the position, if not easily, at least feasibly. One transfer, one injury and suddenly we went from having a whole bunch of people to move into the position to having nobody.

Reaction Score
It seems implausible to think we will NOT have a 4th scholarship QB on the roster. I really do not see a 5th year senior as an option.

Frankly, I look forward to a day when we graduate a QB we recruited 4/5 years prior. I've never seen less stability and staying power in a position so lacking qualified talent for so long.

Reaction Score
It seems implausible to think we will NOT have a 4th scholarship QB on the roster. I really do not see a 5th year senior as an option.

Frankly, I look forward to a day when we graduate a QB we recruited 4/5 years prior. I've never seen less stability and staying power in a position so lacking qualified talent for so long.

We never had any real consistency at the position since Dan0.. Then we were moving towards that with Tyler Lorenzen, then we fell back again... Seems like everybody that we signed came in expecting to be the starter... when they didn't get to start they left instead of trying to develop and get better under a system... the worse part about that is we've been inconsistent in terms of our system with all the coaching moves...

From a glass half full perspective, even though it truly sucks (no other way to put it) watching us struggle this year, HCBD seems to be righting the ship so, in the long run we'll be better off....

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
We never had any real consistency at the position since Dan0.. Then we were moving towards that with Tyler Lorenzen, then we fell back again... Seems like everybody that we signed came in expecting to be the starter... when they didn't get to start they left instead of trying to develop and get better under a system... the worse part about that is we've been inconsistent in terms of our system with all the coaching moves...

From a glass half full perspective, even though it truly sucks (no other way to put it) watching us struggle this year, HCBD seems to be righting the ship so, in the long run we'll be better off....
Cochran appeared to be the guy too until injury dictated otherwise. It's really an unbelievable (negative, obviously) run we've had.

Really if he can develop at all Boyle should be the guy too. But there have been others along the way that "should have been" but ended up transferring for one reason or another.

Reaction Score
I think we could use another quarterback too. But my guess is that it is a JUCO. I think Diaco wants to go in a different direction with the position, a more mobile quarterback who runs and throws, rather than the drop back types we have now, and I doubt that Davis will be ready, the NC transfer might but needs a backup who fits the mold.
I would love a mobile QB, it would add more threat to the run game, but he'd have to be very durable with our terrible terrible terrible( did I already say terrible, because they're terrible) O-line

Reaction Score
Important week. The week off allows us to send staff out to HS' to observe (no contact) kids in practice and at games. We have a lot of slots to fill. We all want some big guys to play OL to start committing, but we need some playmakers as well.

Reaction Score
Important week. The week off allows us to send staff out to HS' to observe (no contact) kids in practice and at games. We have a lot of slots to fill. We all want some big guys to play OL to start committing, but we need some playmakers as well.

playmakers and OL... but I honestly hope we have some of our staff looking at the JUCO level for OL... we need it, badly...

Reaction Score
I read on twitter that although Nazir Williams committed to UConn, he's still keeping his options open. I don't think the staff will let him walk, nor will my boys Tyler Davis and Kevin Murphy. This must be a dead period in the recruiting process since no one has been committing lately?

Also, I read that Chris Clarke just received an offer from USC even though he's committed to Michigan.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
I read on twitter that although Nazir Williams committed to UConn, he's still keeping his options open. I don't think the staff will let him walk, nor will my boys Tyler Davis and Kevin Murphy. This must be a dead period in the recruiting process since no one has been committing lately?

Also, I read that Chris Clarke just received an offer from USC even though he's committed to Michigan.

True in regards to Nazir Williams. He's keeping his options open. Regarding Chris Clark, he tweeted (now deleted) something implying that if Brady Hoke were fired, he would decommit. USC probably read that and gave him the offer.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Didn't Bob D recently suggest he is still recruiting those that have verbally committed as hard or harder than before they committed. Reading between the lines, I wouldn't be surprised if he and his staff are concerned about some defections.....especially if they have successful seasons and start to attract more prominent programs that "express an interest".

I'd be concerned also, with the team doing so poorly.

Reaction Score
Didn't Bob D recently suggest he is still recruiting those that have verbally committed as hard or harder than before they committed. Reading between the lines, I wouldn't be surprised if he and his staff are concerned about some defections.....especially if they have successful seasons and start to attract more prominent programs that "express an interest".

Not sure if HCBD suggested it or not, but our coaching staff better be recruiting the verbals as hard if not harder than kids that we're still after.... we suck right now ( realtalk )... we gotta turn this thing around soon, or else we'll be stuck with FCS/FBS tweeners for another 10 years....

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score

Yeah. Nazir Williams recently said he was still open to other options even though he is still committed. Other players that probably pertains to is Okouman, Garland - guys who had some relatively big offers/interest.

Reaction Score
When it comes to other schools recruiting him since his commitment, Okounam named a couple.
"I got a message from Temple and BC asked me to call them," he said. "I am firm with UConn. I keep my word. I told Coach Diaco that I am committing and that I won't talk to any other coaches. So that is what I'm doing."

Reaction Score
When it comes to other schools recruiting him since his commitment, Okounam named a couple.
"I got a message from Temple and BC asked me to call them," he said. "I am firm with UConn. I keep my word. I told Coach Diaco that I am committing and that I won't talk to any other coaches. So that is what I'm doing."

This is the best Uconn news I have read in a while.

Reaction Score
Cochran appeared to be the guy too until injury dictated otherwise. It's really an unbelievable (negative, obviously) run we've had.

Really if he can develop at all Boyle should be the guy too. But there have been others along the way that "should have been" but ended up transferring for one reason or another.

Bad luck has played a huge, huge part in it. Endres could have had a 2.5 year run if he didn't get hurt in '09 and then thrown off the team in '10. CC could have had a 3.5 year run but for the concussions. Whitmer just should have been better than he is -- he has the tools to be.

Seriously, we were deficient at the position in 'the two years between DO and Tyler, but since then it's had far more to do with bad luck -- injuries, underperformances and guys not staying around long enough to get their chance -- than anything else.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Recruiting those who have verbal elsewhere is fine with me, especially since UCONN needs talent. HCBD can offer immediate playing time which is still pretty important to young men looking to make their mark in college.

Reaction Score
Recruiting those who have verbal elsewhere is fine with me, especially since UCONN needs talent. HCBD can offer immediate playing time which is still pretty important to young men looking to make their mark in college.

And getting to the next level for sure.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Bad luck has played a huge, huge part in it. Endres could have had a 2.5 year run if he didn't get hurt in '09 and then thrown off the team in '10. CC could have had a 3.5 year run but for the concussions. Whitmer just should have been better than he is -- he has the tools to be.

Seriously, we were deficient at the position in 'the two years between DO and Tyler, but since then it's had far more to do with bad luck -- injuries, underperformances and guys not staying around long enough to get their chance -- than anything else.

Potleaf.jpg

I like to consider the Endres failure as pot luck, not bad luck. And I'm a proponent of legalization.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom