It was a good weekend in the PL | The Boneyard

It was a good weekend in the PL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Spurs win, Gooners and Liverpool fall, and now there's 6 teams within a win of sitting in the top 4. It's still early, but looking like there will be a lot of teams battling for UCL.
Can Southampton, West Ham, Newcastle, and Swansea sustain their early success?
Will UCL and Europa take its toll on Arsenal, Liverpool, Eveton, and Spurs?
How much is United benefitting from not having to play in Europe?

Fun weeks ahead. Can not wait for the Boxing Day thru New Years Day schedule where they play 3 league games in a matter of 7 days!

Reaction Score
Spurs win, Gooners and Liverpool fall, and now there's 6 teams within a win of sitting in the top 4. It's still early, but looking like there will be a lot of teams battling for UCL.
Can Southampton, West Ham, Newcastle, and Swansea sustain their early success?
Will UCL and Europa take its toll on Arsenal, Liverpool, Eveton, and Spurs?
How much is United benefitting from not having to play in Europe?

Fun weeks ahead. Can not wait for the Boxing Day thru New Years Day schedule where they play 3 league games in a matter of 7 days!

I would give you the finger; but, I broke my hand punching the table after falling to Man U. Joking; but, it feels that way :( 8th place?

Reaction Score
ZooCougar said:
Oh Liverpool....
Great match to watch, and I was left with 3 impressions from behind the great wall: 1) Liverpool isn't that good, 2) Crystal Palace appropriately had great fan support, and 3) Crystal Palace's stadium is absolute rubbish. Not impressive!

Reaction Score
Great match to watch, and I was left with 3 impressions from behind the great wall: 1) Liverpool isn't that good, 2) Crystal Palace appropriately had great fan support, and 3) Crystal Palace's stadium is absolute rubbish. Not impressive!

They really aren't good, they should have lost to QPR.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
No, no it wasn't. :(

Well Liverpool losing was nice, but that doesn't make up for the rest.

Reaction Score
There haven't been many good w/e's in the PL for me, and there may not be many the rest of the way (hope I'm wrong), so I will take this one. It's gonna be a frustrating year at WHL, no cohesion, no identity, lacking a clear cut leader on the pitch, they are really struggling to find consistent form. Lot's of individual talent, no team talent...I guess that is what happens when you're on your 3rd manager and 3rd sustem in 3 years. I had higher expectations coming in to the season, but then was quickly and regularly reminded that Soldado cannot buy a goal in the PL (missing from point blank range once again yesterday), and they have no idea how to utilize Paulinho as a defensive midfielder.

Midweek Europa match at home, and then hosting Everton (who travels to Germany for Euopa mid-week), here's to hoping to another 3 points in PL.

Reaction Score
There haven't been many good w/e's in the PL for me, and there may not be many the rest of the way (hope I'm wrong), so I will take this one. It's gonna be a frustrating year at WHL, no cohesion, no identity, lacking a clear cut leader on the pitch, they are really struggling to find consistent form. Lot's of individual talent, no team talent...I guess that is what happens when you're on your 3rd manager and 3rd sustem in 3 years. I had higher expectations coming in to the season, but then was quickly and regularly reminded that Soldado cannot buy a goal in the PL (missing from point blank range once again yesterday), and they have no idea how to utilize Paulinho as a defensive midfielder.

Midweek Europa match at home, and then hosting Everton (who travels to Germany for Euopa mid-week), here's to hoping to another 3 points in PL.

I couldn't agree with you more. I think these guys just need to play together more and let the whole thing ferment.

Reaction Score
Arsenal is done. At least as long as Wenger is running the show. I expect we will see a mutual parting of ways in the Spring.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Arsenal is done. At least as long as Wenger is running the show. I expect we will see a mutual parting of ways in the Spring.
It always looks that way before they make a decent run. He just keeps hanging on.

Reaction Score
It always looks that way before they make a decent run. He just keeps hanging on.

Ozil is out, Wilshire is out. They don't have the central defenders. I think Wenger is out of ideas. It's time.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Ozil is out, Wilshire is out. They don't have the central defenders. I think Wenger is out of ideas. It's time.
Well they won't get rid of him mid season. And in Jan, he can (will is entirely a different question) fix some things, at least defensively. Ozil will be back, Debuchey will be back, Koscielny will be back.

Now when he gets everyone back, then we can see what he'll do with them. If nothing, then yea, he needs to move on.

Reaction Score
Well they won't get rid of him mid season. And in Jan, he can (will is entirely a different question) fix some things, at least defensively. Ozil will be back, Debuchey will be back, Koscielny will be back.

Now when he gets everyone back, then we can see what he'll do with them. If nothing, then yea, he needs to move on.

I think it will be in the springtime, he'll get promoted to VP of Halftime Tea Making or something.

Reaction Score
...and just when all hope was lost, Arsenal shows-up and takes down Dortmund at home in Champions play 2 to 0.

Reaction Score
I don't know if you caught Men In Blazers, but about that own goal Rog said, "That is peak Arsenal!"

That show is so funny. I loved the crack about Brendan Rogers looking "sadder than a Tracy Chapman single".

Did anyone see that Crystal Palace has NFL style cheerleaders now? The club already sounds like a strip club.

Reaction Score
That show is so funny. I loved the crack about Brendan Rogers looking "sadder than a Tracy Chapman single".

Did anyone see that Crystal Palace has NFL style cheerleaders now? The club already sounds like a strip club.

Already taken, Crystal Palace Gentleman's Club in Worcester MA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom