It may be time for a new plan | The Boneyard

It may be time for a new plan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reading the tea leaves I now think that we were on our way to a UC/BYU/UConn/UH Big 12 expansion until the BYU honor code issues. With that BYU is out, and then so are we because of "geography" issues and they just go for 12 with UC and UH.

So it is time for a new dream. I think we have raised awareness about our strengths enough that the ACC decides to take is NOW in all sports except football. In football we go indy with a substantial scheduling arrangemnet with the ACC and Notre Dame. Then when ND finally decides to join the ACC for football we join them.

Reaction Score
Thanks - we haven't had an inane proposal that relies on outside help that we're never going to get in a few days.

I'll go reset the insanity event clock to zero days.

You're welcome. A man can dream. I'm at the grasping at straws stage now.

Reaction Score
We just need to calm down. All of these writers are hearing different things from their "sources". Everyone's sources can't be right. Have to let it play it out and trust that Sue Herbst and Co. have positioned us a best they could.

Reaction Score
Can you let the safe actually fall on our heads and crush us into the ground please before you start talking us back onto the street so we can get hit again?

Ok. But i I do think its just Cincy and Houston now. If BYU is out then I think we are out. This line of thinking got me pondering about what is the next hope to latch onto. Thats what i came up with.

Reaction Score
Why didn't anyone else think of this? Quick, get Swofford on the phone and let him know we will be joining for the upcoming hoops season

Reaction Score
POWER RANKING Big 12 candidates by their seasons

The sadness zone
9. UConn, 1-1

A loss to Maine, a middling FCS team, would've damned the Huskies to the last spot in these rankings indefinitely. In Week 2, the Huskies were kind enough to give Navy a win.

The happiness zone
2. Cincinnati, 2-0 (Previous: 6)

A blowout win at Purdue is a Power 5 victory in only the strictest terms. However, since the Power 5 awards itself all sorts of special statuses, I have no choice but to give this W undeserved credit and move the Bearcats up.

1. Houston, 2-0
If the Big 12 doesn't add UH, everyone will call the Big 12 cowards.

Is Diaco still rebuilding the team??

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Ok. But i I do think its just Cincy and Houston now. If BYU is out then I think we are out. This line of thinking got me pondering about what is the next hope to latch onto. Thats what i came up with.
I have no inside knowledge of where expansion is heading but I can't see Houston and Cincinnati as a two school addition. The TV partners would not be on board for that unless the increase was reduced to far less than two full shares. The B-12 would not agree to expand unless they did receive an increase of two full shares. Of the B-12 were to ignore both ESPN and Fox, expand anyway and demand terms of the TV contract are met (an increase of two full pro rata shares) they would then tick off more than half (NBC is out of the picture as a network option, only secondary cable channels) of the potential carriers when the next TV contract comes due.

Houston only gets in if two (BYU &UConn are the only options) significant brands are also added. Unless BYU can somehow make their image more palpable, there won't be expansion by four. If the B-12 feels they have to expand (realizes they have reached the point of no return with this exercise) we are in good shape. My guess is that this will drag on until there is a way to include BYU.

Reaction Score
Don't get me wrong. I hope you are right about us still getting in over Houston. But Im now pessimistic. Maybe I'll snap out of it.

Reaction Score
Reading the tea leaves I now think that we were on our way to a UC/BYU/UConn/UH Big 12 expansion until the BYU honor code issues. With that BYU is out, and then so are we because of "geography" issues and they just go for 12 with UC and UH.

So it is time for a new dream. I think we have raised awareness about our strengths enough that the ACC decides to take is NOW in all sports except football. In football we go indy with a substantial scheduling arrangemnet with the ACC and Notre Dame. Then when ND finally decides to join the ACC for football we join them.

Expecting members of The ACC and ND to suddenly act in the best interests of Uconn, when the overwhelming majority of their actions to date have been the complete opposite of this, is unfortunately not much of a plan. I get the frustration, but at this point waiting out The Big 12's next move is the only plan that makes sense.

Reaction Score
It's all fabrication that BYU is out because of their honor code. This story has spread like wildfire. I'm not saying Big 12 presidents love the idea of bringing in BYU in this political climate but people are starting to believe that it's over for them. Besides, right now it seems like no expansion is likelier than any other scenario.

Reaction Score
Honestly, I've lost no hope at this point. However, I can't say I really have any either. I'm kind of sick of it. We just keep riding the emotional waves up and down and they just keep coming. If we weren't getting in for certain, we'd know. If we were getting in for certain, we'd know.

Nobody knows what is going on, including Thamel. The last time we lost momentum the university was quick to say so. For now, silence is all I hear and that means it is all up in the air.

Reaction Score
Let's just keep the dream to a B1G invite. I mean, if we're going to dream, make it count. ACC and Big 12 are disasters which for better or worse are not in our plans.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

i say we do a deal with the SEC where they give a full share but can make our own scheudle.

Reaction Score

You need to get new tea leaves as UCONN and BYU to the Big 12 was never ever happening.....ever. It was a BYU or UCONN proposition for the Big 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom