Ishmael El-Amin | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Ishmael El-Amin

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Says UConn is his favorite school, and an offer from them would be a dream come true. Also confirms that he was born during the championship year.

Wow. Incredible to hear. Kids been ten toes in since birth. Lock him up KO.

Reaction Score
Would be so psyched to get him... I think Khalid may be the most important player we've ever had as he turned us from soft pretenders, to loud, arrogant champions. I love the story of how on his visit he took over the pickup game and basically became the leader of the team. A total badass in every way.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...3240153_1_el-amin-husky-husky-energizer-bunny
Ha, love it - The Huskies failed to get an NCAA bid two years ago because El-Amin says, ``I wasn't there.''

Reaction Score
Such a likeable kid, just like his dad. Let's lock him up right now, watching Khalid's son play for UConn will be incredible.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Says UConn is his favorite school, and an offer from them would be a dream come true. Also confirms that he was born during the championship year.

Only got like halfway through but the interviewer seem kinda douchy, and keeps on bringing up KEA. Gotta say say Ish handled it well though.

The story goes that El-Amin marched in, chose up sides and took charge. He even argued fouls with his future teammates.

``At first, I thought, `Who is this guy?''' Hamilton said. ``After a while, you just had to say, `OK, this is who he is. Live with it.'''

The Huskies failed to get an NCAA bid two years ago because El-Amin says, ``I wasn't there.'' No one is arguing that now as UConn prepares for its semifinal game against Ohio State on Saturday at Tropicana Field.

``We were a team in the desert and we needed some water,'' Calhoun said of El-Amin earlier this season. ``He was the guy carrying the water. And he had ice cubes in it.
''

Calhoun tells a great KEA story, where KEA is on the bench as a Frosh. Calhoun had told the team different things that they would look to exploit at different times during the game. The team used one and scored and Khalid starts laughing and slaps JC on the back. It must have been early on because Calhoun was surprised to have frosh, that engaged in the game on the bench. It was a first indicator to him that he had something "special" in KEA.

Last edited:

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Go get this kid now. Seriously. Kid seems pretty well spoken for a kid who just finished his soph year of college. Plus come on it's Khalid's son!!

Reaction Score

Sign him up, I'd love to have waters too but if his dream school is duke let him go. Give me the UConn royalty who wants to be here not to mention the fact that hes a top 100 prospect in his own right. If hes got half the fire his dad does I like our chances.

Reaction Score
Even a backcourt of Nelson Muntz and Tremont Waters sounds good to me.

This is the best thing I've read on the BY in months. Totally caught me off guard. Well done.

Reaction Score
He knows what it means to play for Uconn thats invaluable. Lock this kid up asap imo, its never too early. Then you work on getting Waters too!

Reaction Score
Doesn't the program/university have some sort of legacy agreement for children of men who brought us a title? Get this kid here now and let him wear the jersey that's hanging on the huskies of honor.

Reaction Score
Am I just bad at searching, or is he basically completely unevaluated/unrated at this point?

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
All well and good, but can he make the Duke women cry?

cryingdukewomen.jpg

Reaction Score
Another sign that our current staff is composed of a sorry bunch of slackers. How dare they let him go without an offer for 16 years!

your words not mine. i'm wondering about eligibility, grades etc. your rhetoric about the staff is getting old. we get it. I didn't challenge their lack of proactivity - you assumed such.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
your words not mine. i'm wondering about eligibility, grades etc. your rhetoric about the staff is getting old. we get it. I didn't challenge their lack of proactivity - you assumed such.

As long as we have a crowd of people judging the quality of our staff by the number of times their names get dropped when recruits are interviewed, the rhetoric will stay. Sorry 'bout it.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Before we even think of getting rid of Joe D., can we get rid of this kid? Most uncomfortable interviewer since Chris Farley. But without the laughs.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

Of course Dave Leitao reaches out. <0.0001% chance of him ending up there, but seeing the connection between him and one of his dad's former coaches is kinda cool.

Reaction Score

Of course Dave Leitao reaches out. <0.0001% chance of him ending up there, but seeing the connection between him and one of his dad's former coaches is kinda cool.

Apparently his first D1 offer too

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It's early days....let the flotsam and jetsam extend their offers first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom