Isaiah Briscoe and 2000 other topics. | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Isaiah Briscoe and 2000 other topics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm okay with this but they're not 17 anymore like normal freshman, they're 19 mostly sometime older after 5 years of HS/prep and have "support groups" of supposedly mature basketball people!:rolleyes:

They're closer to 17 when they're being recruited. And the people in their "support groups" are impressed too....especially by dollar signs.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
“He liked both visits, thinks he could be successful at both places, was very, very impressed with Kentucky and the machine that it is and the intimacy of UConn appeals to him,” Jimmy Salmon of the Playaz Basketball Club told SNY.tv Tuesday.

“He’s got a lot to think about.”

Briscoe Enjoys UConn, Kentucky, ‘Has a Lot to Think About’

Intimacy? What intimacy? You want intimacy you go to Dook. :)

Probably not the most detailed quote. Maybe he meant the brotherhood at UConn? May not be such a bad thing...

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
:cool:
I read that I think Ky has a slight edge, but that could just be my innate New England pessimism talking.
I'll give you New England pessimism. He'g going to Kentucky.

I'll give you New England cynicism. This banter about "a lot to think about" is done to generate excitement and to remove suspicion that anything shady is going on.

I'll give you New England arrogance. I see through it.:cool:

And if he choses UConn I'll give you New England superstition.:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Apparently nobody shared the truth with Isaiah or Isaiah is in serious denial or maybe he's just not very bright.

The very very impressive machine lost to the "band of brothers". And it wasn't close.

So what does that say about the impressive coach Cal making you a better player/person?????

He calls UConn intimate. We call UConn brothers, winners, champions x4.

Reaction Score
I don't understand the the confusion over the "intimacy" quote. To me it's perfectly accurate. Lexington = large city. Storrs = farm country.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I don't understand the the confusion over the "intimacy" quote. To me it's perfectly accurate. Lexington = large city. Storrs = farm country.
I read it as follows:

BBN Machine: The process by which 5 star talent is line changed annually to maintain success. Elite level talent uses UK for exposure to NBA Scouts, UK uses elite level talent to win games. Its a pro environment more akin to a minor league system, a pass through. Coach Cal probably emphasizes the first half of this ledger to recruits, when you come here, here is what we can do for you.

Uconn Intimacy: The only brotherhood KO has ever known. Family with the guys you play with and part of a legacy that has now existed over 25 years. Being accountable to those who came before you and will come after you.

I think its much more reflective of the corporate culture of UK vs. the family business that is uconn. Maybe the company car is nicer as the big time firm, but there's something special about the home grown startup that's still on top.

Reaction Score
LOL. You ever been to Lexington? I wouldn't call it a city. It only exists because UK is there. Go 10 minutes outside Lexington and you're on horse farms.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

I understood the confusion until you showed up so much more confused than anyone else.

You whiffed entirely.

Reaction Score
Apparently nobody shared the truth with Isaiah or Isaiah is in serious denial or maybe he's just not very bright.

Briscoe wasn't even quoted in the article. You're making these assumptions based off a quote by Jimmy Salmon.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Reporter: isaiah give me 2 terms you would use to describe your visit at uconn.

Isaiah: Love, intimacy.

Reportee: ok back to you doris.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
Wait UK had six kids who were first rounders on last years team? I count two in Randle and Young. Who else is a guaranteed first rounder?

Not the twins. Not Johnson, or Poythues (SP). Not Lee. Maybe WCS.

It's cute because we had 1, maybe 2, and ran them out of the building.

Scoreboard

Reaction Score
LOL. You ever been to Lexington? I wouldn't call it a city. It only exists because UK is there. Go 10 minutes outside Lexington and you're on horse farms.

Been to Lexington many times as a kid. The tech company my father worked for had offices in Greenwich but was headquartered in Lexington. So in the summers when he made long business trips there, I'd go. To say the city only exists b/c of UK is just ignorant. The basketball team is obviously the biggest show in town but not the end all be all of Lexington. History lesson: since you're probably 16 years old (or just a dummy) and never heard of IBM. I assure you it's a very large and important company that once had factories and offices in Lexington. This brought great prosperity to the city while also attracting other tech companies. Today Lexington completely dwarfs a city, like say, Hartford. Not only is it way bigger but about 1000 times more fun.

I just think people are completely over thinking the "intimacy" quote. I believe these visits are less about the coaching philosophies and more about having a good time and making friends. I'd say UCONN is perfectly described as intimate. Storrs only exists b/c of UCONN. Everyone is there b/c of UCONN. A student athlete can go to Storrs and concentrate solely on school and athletics (and girls). Lexington is a CITY with HUGE businesses, museums, night clubs, 5 star restaurants, concerts, theatre, etc. I guarantee you his night out in Lexington was the polar opposite of his night out in Storrs.

Ultimately, I think Briscoe doesn't go for the "intimacy" and enters "the machine" for the limelight it provides.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Been to Lexington many times as a kid. The tech company my father worked for had offices in Greenwich but was headquartered in Lexington. So in the summers when he made long business trips there, I'd go. To say the city only exists b/c of UK is just ignorant. The basketball team is obviously the biggest show in town but not the end all be all of Lexington. History lesson: since you're probably 16 years old (or just a dummy) and never heard of IBM. I assure you it's a very large and important company that once had factories and offices in Lexington. This brought great prosperity to the city while also attracting other tech companies. Today Lexington completely dwarfs a city, like say, Hartford. Not only is it way bigger but about 1000 times more fun.

I just think people are completely over thinking the "intimacy" quote. I believe these visits are less about the coaching philosophies and more about having a good time and making friends. I'd say UCONN is perfectly described as intimate. Storrs only exists b/c of UCONN. Everyone is there b/c of UCONN. A student athlete can go to Storrs and concentrate solely on school and athletics (and girls). Lexington is a CITY with HUGE businesses, museums, night clubs, 5 star restaurants, concerts, theatre, etc. I guarantee you his night out in Lexington was the polar opposite of his night out in Storrs.

Lexington is bigger than Hartford, but it's still a ____hole. You're making it sound like New York or Chicago, which it's most certainly not. I'm not sure where all these 5-star restaurants and nightclubs are that you speak of, but I admire your civic pride.

I would guess he was talking about the family atmosphere within the program, but all this recruiting ____ is smoke and mirrors, so any time spent time trying to interpret articles like those is time wasted.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
There are no 5 diamond hotels or restaurants in the entire state of Kentucky. To be fair, there are only 2 hotels and 1 restaurant in CT that rate that highly.

Reaction Score
Lexington is bigger than Hartford, but it's still a ____hole. You're making it sound like New York or Chicago, which it's most certainly not. I'm not sure where all these 5-star restaurants and nightclubs are that you speak of, but I admire your civic pride.

I would guess he was talking about the family atmosphere within the program, but all this recruiting ____ is smoke and mirrors, so any time spent time trying to interpret articles like those is time wasted.

Civic pride? I'm from and live in CT. I went to Lexington (and many other cities) in the summers. I can tell you unequivocally it is not a dump. Kentucky in general is an inbred dump but not Lexington. Louisville is a dump but not Lexington. You think the engineers and executives at IBM/Xerox eat at Arby's every night?

Too many people on here have a blind hatred for Calipari/UK despite UCONN's complete and utter dominance. It's embarrassing. We're better than UK, act like it. Have class and not make up lies to put down UK.

Reaction Score
There are no 5 diamond hotels or restaurants in the entire state of Kentucky. To be fair, there are only 2 hotels and 1 restaurant in CT that rate that highly.

Ok I might have exaggerated about the 5 star restaurants.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Ive been to lexington on work. It is most certainly not a small Midwest town its a super clean large city along the same lines as Tulsa or Omaha. I went there knowing nothing about the city expecting some relatively small college city when I got there I was like this is way bigger than I expected. It was active as well, not like a night time dormant city like stamford or hartford

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I felt douchey writing it but wanted to let people know I'm not some small town idiot that's never traveled out of CT and doesn't know what a nice city is.

Reaction Score
Lexington is a much nicer and cleaner city than any of the Ct cities. Malone's Steak House is as good as any steakhouse I've been to. I go out there 5-6 times a year and there is never a lack of things to do. It does have its shady areas but for the most part the 2 racetracks (Keeneland and The Red Mile), along with the huge horse farms just add to the beauty of the city.

Reaction Score
Lexington is a much nicer and cleaner city than any of the Ct cities. Malone's Steak House is as good as any steakhouse I've been to. I go out there 5-6 times a year and there is never a lack of things to do. It does have its shady areas but for the most part the 2 racetracks (Keeneland and The Red Mile), along with the huge horse farms just add to the beauty of the city.
If you like horses and farms then yea, I guess. I grew up in Farmington / Avon / Simsbury area and I doubt many Kentucky cities that are "nicer and cleaner" than those and other towns in Connecticut

Reaction Score
If you like horses and farms then yea, I guess. I grew up in Farmington / Avon / Simsbury area and I doubt many Kentucky cities that are "nicer and cleaner" than those and other towns in Connecticut

Maybe this is a Fairfield County bias but I don't think of any of those places when I think city. I thought they were all towns. When I think city I think BPT, New Haven, Hartford , Stamford and Waterbury and those are certifiable sh!tholes, Stamford only kind of.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Those are suburbs.

Reaction Score
Briscoe wasn't even quoted in the article. You're making these assumptions based off a quote by Jimmy Salmon.

Gringo, apparently IB is not the only one who can't read or is just not that smart (pick one) because when there are quotation marks it means a source is quoted. In this case the source is Isaiah Briscoe.

“I might not be the man [at Kentucky], but I will shine,” he said before the trip, “and the spotlight don’t gotta be all on me and I don’t need all the pressure on me. At the end of the day if we win, everybody’s going to reach their ultimate goal, which is to go to the NBA. So if I go to Kentucky with four other McDonald’s All-Americans, we all have egos but if we win, everybody has NBA, everybody is happy.”

News flash:
UConn captures the 2014 Men's Basketball National Championship
UCONN 60 kentucky 54

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads