Is Williams really the answer? | The Boneyard

Is Williams really the answer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I watched every snap he took this year. I didn't think that anything he did makes a lock for the number one job. I would describe his play as marginally adequate. He has a strong arm but not a consistently accurate one. Big guy, moves okay. His decision making was not anything special.

In a way I am glad he got some experience. But I would play everyone until someone shows something in a game. Production on the field should be the ONLY thing that matters, freshman or senior, every position including QB.

I don't trust Diaco's judgement. He would yank Casey out of a game in the middle of a drive and put in Whitmer. That's just nutty. But Diaco is the guy making the call. He loves Williams but it's tough to know why.

I say, show me.

Reaction Score
I watched every snap he took this year. I didn't think that anything he did makes a lock for the number one job. I would describe his play as marginally adequate. He has a strong arm but not a consistently accurate one. Big guy, moves okay. His decision making was not anything special.

In a way I am glad he got some experience. But I would play everyone until someone shows something in a game. Production on the field should be the ONLY thing that matters, freshman or senior, every position including QB.

I don't trust Diaco's judgement. He would yank Casey out of a game in the middle of a drive and put in Whitmer. That's just nutty. But Diaco is the guy making the call. He loves Williams but it's tough to know why.

I say, show me.
Slow feet, no natural elusiveness, inaccurate arm, no field vision ...sounds like a real franchise QB. If they go with DW it's going to be incredibly painful.

Reaction Score
Thanks Chief.

I see what you did1.jpg

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
It feels like a new OC will be hired and thier first task will be getting a juco or graduate transfer Qb. I can't imagine next years Qb is on the roster right now.

I can imagine it quite well. I can also well imagine a 1-11 or 2-10 season with a QB currently on our roster.

Reaction Score
Real question: why not give Davis a chance at QB in camp? he looked decent throwing on some FG fakes and is a big strong athletic guy. Diaco clearly thinks a lot of him as a passer to put the ball in his hands so often. Our TE depth is quite different than our QB depth. He cant be much worse than what we saw from Williams.

C

Chief00

I say, show me.

Me too - I was looking for at least glimmers of potential to justify Diaco's evaluation - and quite frankly I did not see it. But then again, the system is so bad - Tom Brady would have looked bad.

Reaction Score
You know Williams probably isn't as bad as the offensive line made him look and he has practically 9 months to work on his game(and with the new OC/QB coach) so I wouldn't write him off completely just yet. After all he is a true freshman. That being said I sure do hope Diaco & Co can pluck a experienced QB from the post-grad or JUCO ranks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom