Is Warde "MIA" Manuel the leader we want for our athletics???? | The Boneyard

Is Warde "MIA" Manuel the leader we want for our athletics????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think Warde Manuel missed an opportunity to re-energize, just for a moment the fan base by not letting go of the head coach and the Associate head coach... The Rent is going to be very ugly before the start of our next game in two weeks and some of that ugliness will be directed at the AD... Is this the leader we all want for our athletics future????????

_LLP6796.jpg

Reaction Score
I'll give him a few days. If he does nothing then I'll be concerned. If Lane Kiffin can be fired, Pasqualoni is not safe.

jho

Reaction Score
I hope that he's not just monitoring the situation from the Bahamas.

HuskyBarker

A Tiger is always Hungry!
Reaction Score
The decision last year to let PP keep GDL involved in the football program to the detriment of everybody, was the first bad choice of action in my opinion. So in my book Warde has one X on his resume at this point, not getting rid of PP & GDL would be two more.
At this point I can only wonder if he's not in over his head.

Reaction Score
But remember he yelled at the football team at the end of last year and told them that this would not happen on his watch. Guess what Warde, it's now worse on your watch. Put some clothes on Emperor Manuel

Reaction Score
Why keep a HC coach around who will not be here next year.

All WM is doing is pissing off the fanbase and potentially losing recruits.

WM cost us a couple BB recruits last year by dragging his feet on KO.

WM please don't make the same mistake again. Elevate someone from the current staff to babysit until the end of the season.

At least that would show the college football world, donors and fans that UCONN cares about getting better.

By keeping P it is the equivilent of flipping off your paying customers/donors.

Reaction Score
Where's Al "I'm in charge" Haig when you need him? This is unacceptable my arse. The 1PM Coach P presser should never have happened.

Reaction Score
Nope, this guy is a joke i said it all along. This guy would tour with the basketball teams while Tom Jurich was making moves. He has done nor shown anything to suggest he's a leader he screwed Ollie from some getting some recruits by prolonging the contract. remember when this guy was in china " one some nike meeting" while Tom Jurich was making moves. Then he's prolonging Geno's new contract... seriously i just never liked this guy.
He is in no hurry to fire PP cause well we lost to his alma mater and buffalo two teams he was more then likely rooting for.

Reaction Score
I really don't get the hatred for WM. What has he actually done wrong?

Did he hire PP and give him a 5 year contract that PP was only starting the 3rd year of this year(meaning buyout was/is high for a program still in AAC). Also, if you think HE lost our spot in the ACC because he was in virgin islands then I have some ocean front property in Kansas to sell you.

Tell me exactly what WM has done wrong to negatively impact our athletic program instead of just blindly blaming him. We are still cleaning up the Athletic Program from the Jeff Hatheway debacle. If you want to blame anyone for the state of this program I would suggest taking a drive down to long island to find your guy.

Reaction Score
I think that we all know that Warde is not the guy we need monitoring our athletic program / situation.

The hire of Warde is nearly as bad as that of Pasqualoni.

Reaction Score
Well WM has pulled the trigger and fired PP. So does that now mean he "knows" what he is doing more then before?

For everyone that has wanted to blame WM for the state of the football program well now you truly start judging him on the results of our football program. Considering he will now have his guy in place going forward. PP was never his hire and WM was handcuffed last year with a 3 year buyout still sitting on the table.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
UConn should go ahead and fire Warde anyway because the boneyard was calling for it, and see how the coaching search goes without an AD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom