Is UConn still the front runner for Megan Walker? | The Boneyard

Is UConn still the front runner for Megan Walker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is UConn still the front-runner for Megan Walker? Anybody have any insight?

Reaction Score
Well, wherever she ends up, they will apparently be getting a mature young woman as evidenced by one of her recent tweets that is getting a fair amount of exposure.

Sounds like she could easily become a Geno superstar of the future. :cool:

Reaction Score
Coach Bill, if you are reading this thread. Do you feel we are in the lead for Walker at this point?

HGN

Reaction Score
Is UConn still the front-runner for Megan Walker? Anybody have any insight?
Fly , I don't know if UConn is the front-runner , but hopefully in the running. And as they say , it ain't over 'til it's over. When UConn recruited Maya , I said that's 2 more NC's........And I said it was 2 more when they got KML . And it turned into 3. Then I thought it was 2 more when they got Stewie , Mo , and Tuck.........Turned out to actually being 4.

If they get Walker..............Could be 3 since she will team with the other outstanding 2017 commits.

But we have to wait.

Reaction Score
Hope when she sees photos of UConn girls in the White House she may make decision quick.
You took the words right out of my mouth. I had just seen the White House ceremony and as soon as I saw this post regarding Megan Walker my thoughts were "why wouldn't she want the opportunity to be part of a national championship and have an audience in the White House with the President?"

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I would say no. We all heard rumors after her visit, but no official verbal. Not a good sign. I believe she's scheduled for an official visit to ND in Sept. Also not a good sign. Not over till it's over, but I no longer think we land her.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I would say no. We all heard rumors after her visit, but no official verbal. Not a good sign. I believe she's scheduled for an official visit to ND in Sept. Also not a good sign. Not over till it's over, but I no longer think we land her.
There's an old saying in football. If you're vying for a free agent and they make a visit to your offices the saying is "Don't let them out of the building" until they sign. This doesn't quite translate to WCBB, but the idea still has merit. Time will soon tell.

Reaction Score
Eric her visit was not a official. She stopped by when she was in the area on a New York aau tourney. I believe she will make a official during the fall. I'm guessing first night. I don't even think GENO was even on campus on her visit wasn't he in the hosp

Reaction Score
Lastly Meghan was at the Maryland game at Madison square garden sat behind UCONN bench. It was on her own dime. She has been to UCONN twice on own dime. When a recruits visits a school on there own dime is a very good sign. I don't think Notre Dame is a lock. A unofficial is nothing like a official. Once Megan takes a official weekend visit , see the UCONN practice tour the campus stay with the team she will get the full picture. This is a smart young women who is going to make all visits before she sits down with family and makes the best college decision for her. UCONN is just as much in the running at Notre Dame. So all relax and wait and see. No one expected Stevens to transfer to UCONN no one saw that comming. There will be UCONN surprises in the upcoming recruiting season ... You will see!! GENO we trust will get the players he needs to fit the u o

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Eric her visit was not a official. She stopped by when she was in the area on a New York aau tourney. I believe she will make a official during the fall. I'm guessing first night. I don't even think GENO was even on campus on her visit wasn't he in the hosp

She and he were there Friday.

JordyG

Reaction Score
UCONN system!!! Posting on the iPhone is extremely hard always freezes way to many glitches on this!!
Try posting as I do on a Samsung Nook which always presupposes your words. Backtrack, delete, repeat.

Reaction Score
It is funny to see MikeR being so positive and telling people to relax.

So all relax and wait and see. No one expected Stevens to transfer to UCONN no one saw that comming. There will be UCONN surprises in the upcoming recruiting season ... You will see!! GENO we trust will get the players he needs to fit the u o

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
It's unclear. Some of us are hearing both UConn lean and ND lean rumors. I like that Megan was just on campus and is wearing a UConn T-shirt in her primary Twitter pic. The absence of a verbal announcement does concern some of us, though. I think we are solidly in the running. Are we in the lead? That is not clear to me. I'm trying to keep an open mind and be patient. Maybe Megan is waiting until Mikayla is ready to announce. ;)

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
It is still pretty early days for 2017 announcements. Only 13 of HGs super 60 have made verbal commits - 5 of the top 25, and 2 of the top 18.
Chill - they do not make their commitments on the college fans schedules but on their own time line. Given the number of transfers this year, maybe it is a good thing that not many are making their choices in the spring.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
It is still pretty early days for 2017 announcements. Only 13 of HGs super 60 have made verbal commits - 5 of the top 25, and 2 of the top 18.
Chill - they do not make their commitments on the college fans schedules but on their own time line. Given the number of transfers this year, maybe it is a good thing that not many are making their choices in the spring.

I know that we cannot dismiss the wisdom behind this observation. Indeed, I think it wise for many recruits to assess who transferees with their skill sets might land in order to judge their chances, where they fit in the scheme of things with said transferee or ees having landed in their favorite or currently favored pond as it were.... BUT if that is the mind set of the recruit, if their confidence is that, well, shall I say, puny? Then, dismiss UConn from your mind, least you be spewed out as lukewarm! ;)

If you do not understand this post, then:

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Let's take this young lady at her word, OK? IIRC, she stated that she would visit both UConn and Notre Dame, then make her decision. That's about as straight forward as one can be. So, meanwhile, here on the BY and over on McGraw's Bench the game of Wait/Speculate plays from winter through spring through summer to fall.

Fine player. Smart girl.;)

JordyG

Reaction Score
What I like about this young lady is she seems to be making a considered decision, taking in all factors. Unlike some who seem to fly by the seat of their pants, or go where relatives attend or attended in the past, or waffling between one or the others. Which ever college she attends will get a smart, clear thinking, mature minded young lady. Her parents have more than just an outstanding athlete to be proud of.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
None of us know what is in this player's mind and what variables are going into what formula in her mind. And, there may be no formula, just inchoate feelings. I do know that I prefer decisive people who do not carry note books and slide rules or iPhone apps to make their decisions. In that I feel akin to Geno. When they know it, they know it. Ms. Walker does not know it yet. That troubles me. Maybe Skylar Diggins' school is for her. Hope not. But, guess what: Geno and I will still sleep soundly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom