Is there a chance we get a New Year's Surprise | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Is there a chance we get a New Year's Surprise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Please stop!!! Stop defending the a hole. He's on the duck**ng BOT's. You don't think UConn football has gone into the dumper on his watch???? He did squat to help the school during conference realignment.
You do know there's a difference between the UConn2000 project and the schools athletic budget, right? The state is 100% invested in the university in terms of infrastructure and academic purposes. When it comes to athletics it's completely different and that's all huskymedic was stating.
I know he's just making a point but he's very quick, almost too quick to point that out. Almost like a guardian standing by to help wash Malloy's hands.
@huskymedic it may be hopeless
stupid - dead.JPG

Reaction Score
Why is it, most of the old men on this board have no friends, except for themselves, are unmarried, or divorced long ago, and think they know everything? Some might have children but that would surprise me too. Calling me stupid is fine, coming from the likes of you, a lonely old man, it doesn't bother me. If you only knew what I did for a living. Lol

Reaction Score
Why is it, most of the old men on this board have no friends, except for themselves, are unmarried, or divorced long ago, and think they know everything? Some might have children but that would surprise me too. Calling me stupid is fine, coming from the likes of you, a lonely old man, it doesn't bother me. If you only knew what I did for a living. Lol
Wrong all all accounts - I live a blessed life (family and occupation) and if 56 is old = so be it!

Reaction Score
Wrong all all accounts - I live a blessed life (family and occupation) and if 56 is old = so be it!
Oh yeah, did any of your blessed family ever go to a game with you? Go enjoy your blessed life in your electronic house, ok old man? Get a life.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Why is it people get so offended when it's pointed out what they are posting is wrong.

Electric house? Do you live in a house that doesn't have electricity? Are you commenting that he has internet access in his home?

Reaction Score
Oh yeah, did any of your blessed family ever go to a game with you? Go enjoy your blessed life in your electronic house, ok old man? Get a life.

Good lord! I hope you're 12 years old.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Now you've gone and made me curious what you do for a living.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I can understand why some people would get into a tussle with certain posters. Serrano, Whaler,...ME...

but I'm having a hard time understanding someone getting into a tussle with Medic. That's like getting pissed at Mother Teresa. Her and her damned non-electronic housing... :confused:

Reaction Score
I can understand why some people would get into a tussle with certain posters. Serrano, Whaler,...ME...

but I'm having a hard time understanding someone getting into a tussle with Medic. That's like getting pissed at Mother Teresa. Her and her damned non-electronic housing... :confused:

Nah... I shouldn't have alluded to the fact that he is stupid.;)

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Here we go again - The State budget has absolutely nothing to do w/ funding the UConn Athletic Department buyout of any coach. Zero, zippo, nil!
I will take your word on the buyout but state money does leak into the athletic department
My brother was a state rep for over 12 years and he affirmed this to me - he doesn't know anything about state funds being applied directly to ventures as to subsidizing contract buyouts for athletic coaches/staff.
So I am incorrect IF the buyout would be excluded but state money does hit the athletic department - all are state employees and all property belongs to the state of CT

Reaction Score
I will take your word on the buyout but state money does leak into the athletic department
My brother was a state rep for over 12 years and he affirmed this to me - he doesn't know anything about state funds being applied directly to ventures as to subsidizing contract buyouts for athletic coaches/staff.
So I am incorrect IF the buyout would be excluded but state money does hit the athletic department - all are state employees and all property belongs to the state of CT

4e68a564d060f7494b7655803116a865.jpg

Reaction Score

Inside source - good. Ask your brother to explain Auxiliary Enterprise Service Fund entities to you. No state tax dollars are used to provide resources for coaches' contracts through the UConn Division of Athletics. They are self supported through revenues generated from media deals, ticket sales, private fundraising, etc...

The State may own the blocking sleds... they should be happy to know that they are in very good condition due to light usage over the past few years.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Keeping Diaco would be UConn saying that they are deemphasizing football. It just can't happen. He will kill the program for good if he comes back. I'm taking the Cone of Silence to be a good thing.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
So piecing together the public information and the private bits and pieces I've picked up from a number of people more connected to the athletic department than I am...

There seems to be a chance that when January rolls around HCVV will be stuffed into the rocket and shot into the sun.

I'm fairly confident that Benedict wants to do the right thing and has put together a coherent financial plan. I don't know how much pain that plan would inflict upon the programs. I don't get the feeling that his superiors fully support what he wants to do, nor do I have anything but guesses as to why they wouldn't support Benedict.

This feels a little bit like blind optimism - but maybe there is a 10-20% chance that this university has a random moment of lucidity and makes the only decision that provides a future for the football program.

Worst case scenario I gave us a jumpstart on the thread that was going to be started every third day until January 3rd.

PROPS @whaler11 !!!

Reaction Score
IMO if we actually hire a new OC that means Diaco stays. Could that guy be Benedict's guy and the new HC in waiting? Possibly but who would take that job given the uncertainty? If the position remains open and it drags on it's because HCBD is not being allowed to make ANY financial moves in advance of a possible coaching change. Open position equals possible change. If they fill it we are in purgatory for an entire season.

Feeling better about my naive optimism today. Not feeling great about anyone being fired but BD will bounce back and be paid handsomely in the meantime.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Feeling better about my naive optimism today. Not feeling great about anyone being fired but BD will bounce back and be paid handsomely in the meantime.
And he'll continue to be more handsome than any of us, so he's got that going for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom