Is McEntee this team's Easley? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Is McEntee this team's Easley?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Maybe Johnny Mac is the next Kellen Moore. I hope he is. Hope he's the friggin' next Peyton Manning. But I'm not sure what that proves. doug Flutie won the heisman trophy. His coach put him in the game because they were getting killed and he didn't want to waste someother kid's redshirt. He almost brought them back for the win. Jerry Rice was playing at Mississippi Valley State. he was a star, but come on...Ole Miss, Alabama, Auburn, LSU all wiffed...And tell me again how a guy who played in 9 games as a sophomore, 12 as a Junior and every game as a senior was overlooked? Bascally, from the 3rdgame of his sophomore year, he played in every game...what the heck more do you want the coach to do?

Look, I get that you hate Edsall. that's fine, but there are lots of things you can complain about. this isn't one of them.

Reaction Score
All one needs to know about the credibility of this discussion is that a poster has determined that Johnny Mac was a miss by the former head coach. Before the young man has had the opportunity to throw a single pass in a single game.

It must be damn nice to be able to see the future. May I suggest that there are better uses for that talent, ones that would make you far richer or benefit society more, than continuing to post nonsense. How about waiting until the young man does something that makes you rationally determine someone else was stupid for not seeing it before you determine the someone else was in fact stupid for missing it.

Reaction Score
Maybe Johnny Mac is the next Kellen Moore. I hope he is. Hope he's the friggin' next Peyton Manning. But I'm not sure what that proves. doug Flutie won the heisman trophy. His coach put him in the game because they were getting killed and he didn't want to waste someother kid's redshirt. He almost brought them back for the win. Jerry Rice was playing at Mississippi Valley State. he was a star, but come on...Ole Miss, Alabama, Auburn, LSU all wiffed...And tell me again how a guy who played in 9 games as a sophomore, 12 as a Junior and every game as a senior was overlooked? Bascally, from the 3rdgame of his sophomore year, he played in every game...what the heck more do you want the coach to do?

Look, I get that you hate Edsall. that's fine, but there are lots of things you can complain about. this isn't one of them.

Don't hate Edsall, don't know the guy. Pretty jerky how he left, but other than that he seems like a stand up guy. Don't project your love of Edsall on me as hate by me since I think he screwed the pooch on this (see I can make dumb statements too). I'll make it simple, CALL PLAYS WHERE EASLEY IS THE PRIMARY RECEIVER AND GET HIM THE BALL MORE THAN 4 TIMES in 2008 and you might have figured out: (a) how to win a few more games, and (b) the guy who averaged 23 yards per catch was pretty good before the 5th game of his red shirt senior year.

Reaction Score
All one needs to know about the credibility of this discussion is that a poster has determined that Johnny Mac was a miss by the former head coach. Before the young man has had the opportunity to throw a single pass in a single game.

It must be damn nice to be able to see the future. May I suggest that there are better uses for that talent, ones that would make you far richer or benefit society more, than continuing to post nonsense. How about waiting until the young man does something that makes you rationally determine someone else was stupid for not seeing it before you determine the someone else was in fact stupid for missing it.

He's already done enough to show that he was a miss by HCRE due to the fact that for an entire year "Box was judged to be better by HCRE", got to be a starter for a game, got more reps in practice, etc. AND YET JOHNNY MAC STILL STANDING IN QB COMPETITION AND BOX GONE even with all the advantages Box had re playing and practice time under HCRE. Not often in life do you get to prove how bad someone is at evaluation (don't bother with the how do we know how much Johhny Mac improved or different coach evaluating or other how do you know lawyer speak). If Edsall still here you think Johnny Mac gets a FAIR shot at the QB job? I know lawyers are paid to argue for their client not matter the evidence or logic, but maybe you should put that talent aside when viewing Edsall. Most coaches do a lot good (or would get fired) but some lame. Missing on Easley after the spring practice of his red shirt senior year is pretty funny, if Johnny Mac gets to play it will make the miss even lamer (as Johnny Mac was the guy throwing the ball to Easley). I remember a post back in the Cody Endres to Box saga where ex Uconn defensive players were saying something to the effect "maybe give Johnny Mac a shot", yet the head coach went with the "one QB who couldn't make the top 3 this year".

Reaction Score
I really am sorry to bring any logical thought to your hatred, but all the fact that Mac has a shot and Box is gone tells you is that P's view now is different than FHCRE's view was last season. You don't know which is right, and you don't know that Mac hasn't improved while Box didn't.

I hope that JM steps on the field and is Dan Orlovsky. But that doesn't change your total lack of rational discourse on the point at least until the time you see how well McEntee does.

Reaction Score
I really am sorry to bring any logical thought to your hatred, but all the fact that Mac has a shot and Box is gone tells you is that P's view now is different than FHCRE's view was last season. You don't know which is right, and you don't know that Mac hasn't improved while Box didn't.

I hope that JM steps on the field and is Dan Orlovsky. But that doesn't change your total lack of rational discourse on the point at least until the time you see how well McEntee does.

Another projector. Your love of HCRE is so overwhelming. Of course I don't know if Johnny Mac has improved while Box didn't, don't know if Easley improved a lot from game 4 of his red shirt senior year to game 5, don't know if on 3rd and 18 against UNC that a blitz would have allowed UNC to score right there instead of just getting a 1st down, don't know if an aggressive defense against Rutgers with less than 1 minute to go would have been executed worse than the rope a dope zone used; but I'd sure like to have do overs on the last two and have plays called for Easley earlier in his career.

You seem to have "any question re HCRE must be proved beyond a reasonable doubt" mentality, I'm with the "has feathers, quacks, has no lips - probably a duck" school. Of course under HCRE the coaching could have been so bad for Johnny Mac (or JM was lazy, didn't study playbook, etc.) that he learned nothing and could do nothing (except throw to Easley in Spring game and run the scout team and have alumni defensive player say he should get a shot at starting) and Box was getting it and under new coaches (but old head offensive guy now QB guy so some continuity) they found a way for Johnny Mac to get it and confuse Box.

What I do know is that Johnny Mac in a fair competition is in the top 3 QB's and Box was alone at number 4. You can insult Box and say "you don't know if he didn't improve" after half a year of intense training and effort on his part; I'll go for the "Johnny Mac is just better and both improved but that's just the way it is". Of course I "don't know" that to be the case. I do know that HCRE thought Box was sooooooooooooooo much better than JM that he started him over Zack in Louisville and that JM wasn't even the guy to finish the game against Louisville as Zack was put in for mop up duty rather than give JM a run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom