Is Mccombs our only player on offense? | The Boneyard

Is Mccombs our only player on offense?

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fortebleedsblue

If not I'm fooled. Mccombs left Mccoms right .. 5ft 7 160 lbs mccombs up middle .. Mccombs screen play ... Mccombs our right mccombs out left.. Mccombs up the middle again. Is there something I'm not seeing about his talent that makes him the end all be all? The movement for the pre offense snap maybe complex but everyone knows where deleone is going. I'd rather see mccummings run the wild cat all game than mccombs take another snap. God..

Reaction Score
It is mind boggling. The play they ran before the missed FG attempt was beyond pathetic. It was 3rd and 1 (or maybe 2) and the play was a pass to McCombs running parallel to the line of scrimmage. That is the best play UConn has in that situation? They couldn't throw to someone 2 or 3+ yards deep? That was the worst.

Reaction Score
If this doesn't change I expect just about every other skill player in the program to transfer out at the end of the season.

Reaction Score
Warde Manuel knows football and given the short leash he is giving Ollie, he won't tolerate this. I am pretty sure he is watching and is equally unimpressed. If Coach P doesn't do something about the play calling, Warde will and that is not in P's best interest. He needs to cut Deleone loose. This offense will only look good against awful defenses. It is inadequate to score points on any BCS defense.

Reaction Score
It's a joke McCombs is the size of a high school freshman and Deleone is using him like he's Earl Campbell, worst playcalling I've ever seen.

Reaction Score
Easy guys. Our OC is a geriatric. You can't expect him to know more than one players name.

Reaction Score
He finally lets McCummings throw the ball and look what happens, running lanes for the wildcat and a TD. McCummings should have passed a few against UMASS and NC State.

Can Warde name Don Brown coach in waiting?

Reaction Score
I say the offense should call their own plays. Dele- dumasss only call on LM because Donald Brown right, Donald Brown left and Donald Brown up the middle is no longer available.

Reaction Score
I'm sure they'd love to dump PP, but they have no flexibility.

Warde Manuel knows football and given the short leash he is giving Ollie, he won't tolerate this. I am pretty sure he is watching and is equally unimpressed. If Coach P doesn't do something about the play calling, Warde will and that is not in P's best interest. He needs to cut Deleone loose. This offense will only look good against awful defenses. It is inadequate to score points on any BCS defense.

Reaction Score
Warde Manuel should tell P/DeLeone in all seriousness do NOT run Lyle between the guards on first down.

Reaction Score
I'm sure they'd love to dump PP, but they have no flexibility.

That's just silly. For as bad as DeLeone is with his play calling, you have to credit PP for getting Brown here and having one of the best defenses in the nation, for having excellent special teams play both years, and for bringing in recruits we never got under FUHCRE. We have legit redshirt freshmen and sophomores all over the place, making plays. That didn't happen in years past, it took 3-4 years before the players were even ready to see the field. Not surprisingly, the only exceptions to that were the true studs that are now playing on Sundays - Orlovsky, Brown, Todman, Reyes, etc.

Reaction Score
Sorry Im not buying P is better recruiter than Edsall. When P puts a defense or offense on the field that has 5 guys going to the league then talk to me

Reaction Score
Sorry Im not buying P is better recruiter than Edsall. When P puts a defense or offense on the field that has 5 guys going to the league then talk to me

To be fair, you can't judge a recruiting class for 4-5 years. But Edsall was a very good talent evaluator. Look at the NFL prospects on this team. Wreh-Wilson, Smallwood, Sio Moore, Trevardo Williams to name a few. There is some real talent.

Reaction Score

We all know stars are suspect but the numbers alone say that P is getting more 3 / 4 star players than RE did when he was here.

If RE was still here, Casey Cochran is not at UConn today. Same with alot of other guys that will contribute in the next couple of years like Stewart or the kids we're now getting from Jersey. Talk to any high school coach in the tri-state area, PP is doing a much better job than RE ever did on the recruiting trail and more importantly, in building relationships with those coaches.

I guess we'll see in a couple of years about PPs recruits but they seem better so far.

Reaction Score
We all know stars are suspect but the numbers alone say that P is getting more 3 / 4 star players than RE did when he was here.

If RE was still here, Casey Cochran is not at UConn today. Same with alot of other guys that will contribute in the next couple of years like Stewart or the kids we're now getting from Jersey. Talk to any high school coach in the tri-state area, PP is doing a much better job than RE ever did on the recruiting trail and more importantly, in building relationships with those coaches.

I guess we'll see in a couple of years about PPs recruits but they seem better so far.

Yes, stars mean nothing. I don't care how many stars a kid has. How have our 4 stars worked out?

The one thing I laugh at is the thought that we would land more "blue chip" in state kids with Coach P. Hasn't worked out that way. I find it funny that the biggest cry baby about Edsall, Marinen at Xavier, has a stud qb choose . . . Boston College. Maybe people will now realize that some in state kids just don't want to stay in state, regardless of the coach.

We have no idea if Cochran would come to UCONN if FHRCE was still here.

F

fortebleedsblue

A lot are excited about cochran... IMO if Lagows commitment holds he will be our future...

Reaction Score
Yes, stars mean nothing. I don't care how many stars a kid has. How have our 4 stars worked out?

The one thing I laugh at is the thought that we would land more "blue chip" in state kids with Coach P. Hasn't worked out that way. I find it funny that the biggest cry baby about Edsall, Marinen at Xavier, has a stud qb choose . . . Boston College. Maybe people will now realize that some in state kids just don't want to stay in state, regardless of the coach.

We have no idea if Cochran would come to UCONN if FHRCE was still here.

Folks know that the relationship between RE and Jack Cochran were not rosey. The relationship between RE and CC's quarterback coach was strained as well. Considering the following quote from CC's Head Coach @ Masuk Hgh:

"I think with the coaching change that really opened things up. Jack has had a real great relationship with Coach [Paul Pasqualoni] and obviously sent some players his way when he was at Syracuse so I think everyone was comfortable with the coaching staff and of course playing at Rentschler Field in front of family and friends was a big lure for Casey."

it is fairly clear what the decision would have been if RE was still @ UConn.

Reaction Score
Where's the "stupid" button?

Yeah was over the top. But you can't just give the ball to McCombs and expect guys to be happy with an anemic offense. It impacts more than just morale.

Reaction Score
One can only hope !!!! Warde must be blind if he did not see the problem with the offense. Football is our biggest revenue program and should required Warde's time and attention. Leave KO and Calhoun for a while i.e 7 months to be exact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom