Is it possible...? | The Boneyard

Is it possible...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
...for NFL players to come back and train at their old schools during the off-season? I don't know if it is against NCAA rules, but now that there are more UConn players in the NFL, I was thinking it would be a great teaching opportunity (technique and fundamentals) for the young players and an awesome training opportunity for the alumni. I'm sure they can visit and watch, but what else are they able to do?

I guess another flaw in my logic may be the liability the NFL team assumes. Training in a non-team setting might be against the team rules. These guys are treated like assets and if it is a risk, the team doesn't want any workouts they can't monitor or design. I would love to see the likes of Beatty, Lutrus, Brown, Orlovsky, or Easley offering some advice or training alongside current huskies. Maybe coach P can reach out to them or others to come back and offer pep talks or act like mentors.

Again, I am just thinking about it in terms of basketball. Guys come back all the time and have pick up games with current guys. Ray Allen, Kemba, and others have been on campus mentoring. Do other players at other schools do that? What would it mean for recruits to know that guys who have succeeded before the come back and make the program better?

Reaction Score
i think it's pretty common for NFL players to train at their alma mater in the offseason. i seem to remember reading about Miami having all pro rosters working out in their facilities in the off season and i think it helped perpetuate what they had going on down their

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger
Top Bottom