Is Bobby V still managing the sox? | The Boneyard

Is Bobby V still managing the sox?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone want to defend the mini brawl the sox instigated in the 8th?

Reaction Score
Anyone want to defend the mini brawl the sox instigated in the 8th?

Yeah I will……….8-3 isn't a big enough lead not to take that base………we already knew Perczinski can be a d**k but whoever was yelling at him in the dugout is juts as much of one……..

By the way it takes a few wins vs a team in a losing spiral for you to show yourself?

Reaction Score
Didn't see it but heard about it. Don't really care about the "brawl". Was a punch even thrown?

All I know is I hope it sparks them....dead team right now.

Reaction Score
Yeah I will……….8-3 isn't a big enough lead not to take that base………we already knew Perczinski can be a d**k but whoever was yelling at him in the dugout is juts as much of one……..

By the way it takes a few wins vs a team in a losing spiral for you to show yourself?

Miss me Mau? I just haven't had much free time lately with work and moving. It's always fun to come on here and bait The DogDaddy's and Fishy's into losing it -fun stuff.

I'm kinda puzzeled by Farrell's post game comments. ------"We're down five in the seventh, so it's somewhat of a gray area when you shut down the running game," said Farrell, who managed Escobar when both were with the Blue Jays. "Yunel is going to do some things that might be unpredictable. That's what precipitated it." Huh????

Maddon pointed out in his press conference that Ellsbury stole second up 6 in game one of last years playoffs. I guess Farrell forgot about that or forgot about blowing a 5 run lead the day before. If that was Longo or Myers or Loney the Sox wouldn't have made a peep. A bunch of white guys yelling at a latin player for playing the game hard led by the tough guy Gomes. A pretty sad and typically Boston display.

Reaction Score
Maddon pointed out in his press conference that Ellsbury stole second up 6 in game one of last years playoffs. I guess Farrell forgot about that or forgot about blowing a 5 run lead the day before. If that was Longo or Myers or Loney the Sox wouldn't have made a peep. A bunch of white guys yelling at a latin player for playing the game hard led by the tough guy Gomes. A pretty sad and typically Boston display.

Are you comparing stealing with a late lead in a playoff game to a game in May? Really? Crazy... Farrell is right about today. It is borderline. I have no problem with it but seems like some did. Maybe just maybe....like AJ Perzynski is supposedly a dick not liked by many...maybe so is Yunel.

The race BS is out of left field...without basis..and absolute unadulterated horses(it. My reply to that is F off.

Reaction Score
8-3 in the majors or American Legion baseball in the 7th is not a gray area it's still a baseball game………maybe the Sox losing 9 in a row at that point feel like it's an impossible hill to climb but in no way can anyone get mad for taking extra bases or stealing at that score ever, anywhere.

As far as Yunel the Sox announcer talked about his history which I know nothing about. In this case maybe that helped promote the "gray area" for this particular situation and that changes it a little but not much. Sox won the WS last year and are more than capable of 5 runs in 2 innings………..

Reaction Score
8-3 in the majors or American Legion baseball in the 7th is not a gray area it's still a baseball game………maybe the Sox losing 9 in a row at that point feel like it's an impossible hill to climb but in no way can anyone get mad for taking extra bases or stealing at that score ever, anywhere.

As far as Yunel the Sox announcer talked about his history which I know nothing about. In this case maybe that helped promote the "gray area" for this particular situation and that changes it a little but not much. Sox won the WS last year and are more than capable of 5 runs in 2 innings………..

Yunel is a hot dog AJ Prez is a moron who tries to hurt people. I really don't see the comparison here. 30% of baseball is now Hispanic and the figure is growing. Check out the MLB leader boards they are dominating the game. The Puig, Gomez, Fernandez and now Escobar altercations are all the result of white players trying to school there latin counterparts on" how to play the game".

55 year old 3rd base coach got pushed from behind by Gomes on his charge from left field. Foley was lucky not to be injured. As a show of support to his friend and mentor who is recovering from an illness, he was wearing a uniform with the number 66 on it and the name of a man the Sox know well......Zimmer.

Reaction Score
Yunel is a hot dog AJ Prez is a moron who tries to hurt people. I really don't see the comparison here. 30% of baseball is now Hispanic and the figure is growing. Check out the MLB leader boards they are dominating the game. The Puig, Gomez, Fernandez and now Escobar altercations are all the result of white players trying to school there latin counterparts on" how to play the game".

55 year old 3rd base coach got pushed from behind by Gomes on his charge from left field. Foley was lucky not to be injured. As a show of support to his friend and mentor who is recovering from an illness, he was wearing a uniform with the number 66 on it and the name of a man the Sox know well.Zimmer.

I don't think it is a Hispanic/White players thing at all, it's a players not liking a certain player for a history although I don't know what it is……I would think Papi even had a voice in there plus you have a very frustrated team in that dugout so every little thing is blown out of proportion in those cases…….no matter who was yelling they are wrong……..guys like AJ and Johnny aren't very likable though either so they may want to back off of Yunel…….

Reaction Score
I don't think it is a Hispanic/White players thing at all, it's a players not liking a certain player for a history although I don't know what it is……I would think Papi even had a voice in there plus you have a very frustrated team in that dugout so every little thing is blown out of proportion in those cases…….no matter who was yelling they are wrong……..guys like AJ and Johnny aren't very likable though either so they may want to back off of Yunel…….
I agree. The Sox are frustrated and little things seem like big things at the moment. If the Sox gave the Rays the extra base, it's on them and no one else. Johnny Gomes may have been trying to stir something up. Nothing else has worked lately. Plus the press finally has something to write about.

Reaction Score
Who's a bigger chump than David Price?

Gomes……

You wanted an answer right? Maybe Papi too but Gomes is up there near the top……..Good for Price. Imagine the Sox fans getting mad at anyone for throwing at someone, that's hilarious!:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Although it pains me to waste a Saturday night at Fenway tonight (leaving at 2 to bar hop that's the good thing, my customer loves to drink), it would be great if yet another hockey game breaks out this evening for entertainment.:D

Reaction Score
Why do the Rays have issues like this with everyone?

That is a solid point, they are definitely instigators of many of these……….Madden isn't the nice guy people think he is that's for sure!

Still, it's okay to hit the other teams big dog as long as it's in the a** which it was…….the Carp pitch was high and tight but he reacted slowly to that for whatever reason, didn't think it should have hit him………again some of it's just baseball as they say but it seems the Rays do it more than most for sure……..but the Sox have history too although not as of late…….but Pedro and Beckett, amongst others, cannot be forgotten too quickly if you're a Yankee fan.

Reaction Score
DaLerosa had good stuff last night, still throwing some gas in the 7th………..kept the ball down at the knees most often and also his 88-91 change up is effective from what I could see……..the kid from the Rays topped out at 91-92 with his fastball………Ruby threw a few at 97-98 according to the CF scoreboard…….nice call up!!

Reaction Score
Gomes……

You wanted an answer right? Maybe Papi too but Gomes is up there near the top……..Good for Price. Imagine the Sox fans getting mad at anyone for throwing at someone, that's hilarious!:rolleyes:
If Price wants to hit Papi for last October's HR where he didn't leave the box (because he wasn't sure if it was fair or foul), that's fine.
My problem is with the HP umpire, who took retaliation out of Boston's hands by issuing a warning AFTER Price hit Papi. Interesting that we have 3 guys hit, 4 guys thrown out while Tampa has no one hit and no one thrown out. not sure that's ever happened before.
Next time they play when one of the games are out of hand, I expect Longoria to get drilled.

Reaction Score
Oh, and Price is a teenage b*tch. He reacts to getting lit up in a playoff game by going to social media and insulting everyone in every profession.

Reaction Score
If Price wants to hit Papi for last October's HR where he didn't leave the box (because he wasn't sure if it was fair or foul), that's fine.
My problem is with the HP umpire, who took retaliation out of Boston's hands by issuing a warning AFTER Price hit Papi. Interesting that we have 3 guys hit, 4 guys thrown out while Tampa has no one hit and no one thrown out. not sure that's ever happened before.
Next time they play when one of the games are out of hand, I expect Longoria to get drilled.

It used to happen with the Sox/Yanks and I promise you the Yanks never hit anyone because all the fans were requesting otherwise………..but your point is well taken and if the time is right Longoria more than likely will and should be drilled in the a**.

Reaction Score
Oh, and Price is a teenage b*tch. He reacts to getting lit up in a playoff game by going to social media and insulting everyone in every profession.

Papi is no better for his childish reactions….no better at all. They're both right about each other…….Price is a whiner and Papi thinks he's bigger than the game.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It was nice to see the way the Rays responded to the challenge this weekend.

Reaction Score
It used to happen with the Sox/Yanks and I promise you the Yanks never hit anyone because all the fans were requesting otherwise………..but your point is well taken and if the time is right Longoria more than likely will and should be drilled in the a**.
Papi is no better for his childish reactions….no better at all. They're both right about each other…….Price is a whiner and Papi thinks he's bigger than the game.
Define "bigger than the game" for me

Reaction Score
The Viking said:
Define "bigger than the game" for me
C'mon Viking I bet you can write Mauie's response on Papster

Reaction Score
I can easily write any Sox fans response so mine must be easy too……..:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online