Ira Lee | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ira Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I just made an unofficial to U of MD today (with my son). Under Armor was easily mentioned 3-4 times in the orientation. Plank is a much loved alum who does a ton for the Terps.
Fortunately, my son wasn't impressed and liked UConn better. They had the nerve to brag about making their own ice cream. We passed and went to a nearby Rita's.

Reaction Score
When I first saw this kid's name I thought about Bucky Goldstein.

Ba$ed on this kid'$ final li$t, he i$ truly ble$$ed.

C

Chief00

He's an Oakland Soldier, did we ever got one? Arizona alliance.

Back in the day Clyde used to recruit Oakland. Brought in a guard - was too much of a street baller for JC.

Reaction Score
Arizona is going to have quite the freshman class when we play them next year

C

Chief00

Not sure what your point is here. I think Abu is Muslim and a very devout one who wanted to find a school that had a strong Muslim population. He really liked KO due to what he likely perceived someone who was devout to their own faith and valued such even if it wasn't their own. There was that highly ranked kid from Chicago, who was a devout Mormon who added UConn late to his top 5 due to his respect for KO. His name escapes me know.

Many might discount it, but KO's faith and character is attracting recruits that in the past might not have considered the JC coached program. Don't get me wrong. I love JC...Jim Calhoun for those who might have thought I was slipping a in there, who I do admittedly love ;). JC was viewed as a high character, and strong fatherly role model by recruits and their guardians. He wasn't one of those coaches that would BS you with promising PT. He was straight forward, telling recruits that they would have to earn minutes but by doing so he'd coach the best out of them. Though he also admitted that many would later on question, "Is this the same nice guy that sat in my living room?" days into their UConn career as they got an earful of tough lovin'. IMO, KO and JC attract some similar types of recruits; the ones that realize they have to earn their PT and want to work hard to get to the NBA or as high a level they can achieve. The ones that want their spot given to them because they're silver spooned, rarely show much interest in UConn. I'm fine with them going elsewhere. I do hate when we miss on the ones we call UConn type players that are cut from the out-will you mold. I hope KO lands a bunch of them. It seems clear that Adams is one of these that we'll all fall in love with like we did with Ricky Moore, Khalid, Kemba and Bazz. Etched in my mind are the pounding of chests, leaping on tables, etc. moments that forever paint the picture of what a true Husky is all about.

Chief approves content

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro