iPad users ... (maybe PC users) | The Boneyard

iPad users ... (maybe PC users)

Status
Not open for further replies.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I am wondering if anyone else has this problem ...

When I hit a link to go to a forum, the forum appears to load, then just as I am clicking on a link, the screen jumps down an inch or so, and I end up clicking on another link.

This happened at Scout for me also (both PC and iPad), and on some other sites as well.

I have a feeling it has to do with the banner or the leaderboard ad loading last, and I am too quick with my trigger finger.

If it is just me, it is not the script. If others are having the problem, there may be a solution.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Yup, I have that problem all the time. Yes, it happens when the banner ad, finally, begins to load at the top.

Fishy was asking about the chat rooms the other night and game threads. The chat rooms do not work with iPads. The option does not even appear, not that I would likely use it anyway because we have several folks who read the game threads after the game.

Reaction Score
Yes - me too. I noticed it last week on the iPad and figured I was just hitting the link too soon. No idea about a solution.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Yes...it does that on my PC at work...and my Mac at home.

Reaction Score
It doesn't happen on my PC or iPad. It does happen on the rare time I look on my Droid.

Solution: It only happens on the menus (board menu or the thread menu) because that's when you are trying to quickly tap a link. I think it's happening because the page loads the content first, then the ads. The ads push everything down a bit. If you hit "x" or whatever method to stop loading, it won't happen. The content is already there (and so is the ad so it shouldn't t hurt your numbers) it just stops messing with the layout.

Reaction Score
As long as we are on "problems"...

Anyone else try to start a new thread in firefox and only get taken to the poll screen, not the 'write text' screen?

I have to open internet explorer and come here to start a new thread.

Reaction Score
Happens on Android Linux all the time. I figured it was an android mobile compatibility issue for the smartphone, but if it's happening on Ipad too, that's not the case.... I think.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
As long as we are on "problems"...

Anyone else try to start a new thread in firefox and only get taken to the poll screen, not the 'write text' screen?

I have to open internet explorer and come here to start a new thread.
Try Firefox again. Tom upgraded the script today.

Reaction Score
I get that problem on my ipad1 as well as the other issue I mentioned awhile back where I can't scroll up or down when viewing a specific post - it keeps scrolling automatically back to the linked post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom