Iowa State's Niang out for tournament | The Boneyard

Iowa State's Niang out for tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Iowa State F Georges Niang, who fractured his foot tonight and is out Sunday vs UNC, has started every game and averages 16.5 PPG, 4.4 RPG.

NotADimeBack

Give me my avi back
Reaction Score
That sucks… for isu & their base. Potentially big break for us Husky fans if the team takes care of things tomorrow night

Reaction Score
Look, it's a break for us if we take care of business tonight. Either UNC or ISU depleted at MSG is a better option than ISU at full strength. So no matter how Nelson spins it, this is good news.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
Too bad for the kid and ISU but this smells like mojo to me.

Reaction Score
I don't know.

When I look back, all I ever remember about N. Carolina is that we lose when we play them. Does anybody have a link to the games played between the two over the years?

I know it's irrational, but NC is close to Louisville on the "I don't want to play them" scale.

Reaction Score
Lets worry about tonight I would be thrilled with having to worry about playing UNC-Iowa State

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Strummer said:
I don't know. When I look back, all I ever remember about N. Carolina is that we lose when we play them. Does anybody have a link to the games played between the two over the years? I know it's irrational, but NC is close to Louisville on the "I don't want to play them" scale.

We destroyed them at gampel one year. **

** Matt Doherty coached UNC team so it is like a mid major win

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I don't know.

When I look back, all I ever remember about N. Carolina is that we lose when we play them. Does anybody have a link to the games played between the two over the years?

I know it's irrational, but NC is close to Louisville on the "I don't want to play them" scale.
I don't know Strummer, I kind of see a positive twist here. I still remember playing UNC in Greensboro in 1988 and playing Michigan St in Detroit in 2009. If things fall a certain (and not unrealistic) way we UNC and Mich St could end up facing us in MSG.

To paraphrase Michael Corleone, we can settle old family debts next weekend!

Reaction Score
I don't know.

That is a crushing blow to Iowa State. They didn't have much depth to begin with and relied on the "Big Three" to carry them on most nights. The tournament is all about catching a LUCKY break along the way. Many had Iowa State or MSU in the Final4 out of the East. North Carolina does not pose as big of a threat as a healthy ISU. This injury makes tonight's game that much bigger for UConn.

Reaction Score
Good news for UConn if they can handle business tonight. Terrible news for my bracket.

Reaction Score
Niang a BABC alum, feel bad for him. was a fan of his game since he was a sophomore in hs. Lets hope we stay healthy tonight anything can happen.

Reaction Score
That's a huge loss. Mr Harris would have called him a "point center"…lol

The guy does it all and very well. Hard to find a better passer for his size as well as a skilled and smart guy…huge loss to overcome!!

Reaction Score
I have literally seen him play since he first picked up a basketball. He's from the next town over from me and I reffed his youth, middle school, and AAU games. I feel horribly for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom