Iowa State v. North Carolina | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Iowa State v. North Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm hoping they had one of those games where they rallied around a fallen teammate, and now they come back to earth.

Ejim and Kane are very good, but I think we can play much better defense than UNC did.

UNC played defense?

To be honest, neither team is a defensive juggernaut. If this UConn team can score against Cinci, they can score against Iowa State.

Reaction Score
Would have rather had UNC. Iowa State is a bigger, stronger team but we are quicker and our guards should be able to take them off the dribble. Nova had a bunch of biggesh perimeter players (except Archie A) and we were able to penetrate, score or dish. I like our chances if we can hold our own on the boards.
Before the tournament I thought a sweet 16 would have been a good objective but now I want it all.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Iowa State is very tough...they won the rugged Big 12 Tournament and they have two stars in Ejim and Kane.
Their guards have height and strength over ours but the overall matchup will be very interesting.
Remarkably, AB may have some opportunities inside, as he will have 5 to 6 inches over who will be covering him. There is also the payback aspect for the drubbing they gave us two years ago. But of course we are doomed, clearly DOOMED!

Reaction Score
Bizarre ending.
Roy Williams was calling for a timeout as the rev ran past him. Should have been awarded a timeout before time expired
Also, all you can do as a player is assume the clock is correct. Ismitbteh players fault the clock was incorrect.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Bizarre ending.
Roy Williams was calling for a timeout as the rev ran past him. Should have been awarded a timeout before time expired
Also, all you can do as a player is assume the clock is correct. Ismitbteh players fault the clock was incorrect.
If the refs had granted the TO, UNC would have had the ball 75 feet from the hoop with about 0.5 secs. The ref's point was that they never saw Roy make the signal. Either way, UNC still would have lost.

Reaction Score
UNC also played without a key player, Brice Johnson hurt his ankle 1 minute in. He was key in their win over PC and had 16 points. And UNC sill had an 8 pt lead with 4 to go.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If the refs had granted the TO, UNC would have had the ball 75 feet from the hoop with about 0.5 secs. The ref's point was that they never saw Roy make the signal. Either way, UNC still would have lost.

Agreed.
I mention it point out that the refs should have seen or heard his plea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom