Iowa State fan here | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Iowa State fan here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hearing that Long will get the bulk of the minutes, rather than Edozie is actually a relief. I think our defense can match up better against a smaller lineup, with Shabazz Napier guarding Long and Niels Giffey or Lasan Kromah guarding Kane.

If Kane is effectively your 3, rather than your 2, that helps us immensely on defense, and doesn't lead to a mismatch either on him or on someone else.

I wouldn't mind a fast-paced, 3-point-shooting-oriented, "small" game. It should be entertaining.
Monte Morris is a guy you don't hear much about. He is our starting PG. Kane plays point as well. So we are pretty much gonna have 3 guards in for most of the game with Ejim and Hogue at the forward spots. Morris had a 6.5-1 Assist to turnover ratio a month ago, but the last 5 games that has gone down quite a bit. He should still set the NCAA single season record for assist to turnover ratio. He has been coming on offensively some and will shoot more with Niang out. He has hit a couple clutch 3s this year. I'm worried about our guys being able to shake your defenders to get open looks. I think Kane will drive to the hoop even more than he did against UNC. He goes in strong and sometimes gets called for charging. That really worries me. If he gets in foul trouble then this game could get ugly.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
our men's team is embarrassing, we're a women's game school

Dolson will dance all over y'all, while smiling and laughing

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
www.cyclonefanatic.com is the ISU board. Some negative people over there, just ignore them. You get that with any team basically.

we have guys telling us how everyone on the team is heartless because we're losing 7 -4 at the first time out

Reaction Score
Haha. I'm not sure about that one. I know their shoe sizes whough, if that helps.
That's an inside joke here.

In the 2011 sweet sixteen a SDSU fan came here and told us one of their advantages was Kawhi Leonard's huge hands.

We warned him about Jeremy Lamb's Inspector Gadget arms...

Reaction Score
In all seriousness, this is a pretty good coaching match-up between two guys with NBA pedigrees who know something about game planning. I'm excited to see what they come up with. Definitely some mismatches for both sides. I would imagine ISU will invert and look to post up Kane whenever he draws Boatright or Shabazz.

Reaction Score

In the 2011 sweet sixteen a SDSU fan came here and told us one of their advantages was Kawhi Leonard's huge hands.

Hahaha nice!! DeAndre Kane wears a size 11 on one foot and a size 10 on the other, watch out!!

Reaction Score
In all seriousness, this is a pretty good coaching match-up between two guys with NBA pedigrees who know something about game planning. I'm excited to see what they come up with. Definitely some mismatches for both sides. I would imagine ISU will invert and look to post up Kane whenever he draws Boatright or Shabazz.
Can't argue with that! I'm wishing it was Friday already. I think Kane will post up quite a bit too. I like that better than when he drives from the top of the key.

Reaction Score
Can't argue with that! I'm wishing it was Friday already. I think Kane will post up quite a bit too. I like that better than when he drives from the top of the key.

That drive to end the game vs UNC wasn't too bad from the top!! LOL………hope we don't see Boat or Bazz on him all that much!

caw

Reaction Score

To be fair SDSU fans were also very thrilled UConn never played at altitude like their guys. Does ISU play in Denver often?

Reaction Score

That's why it's helpful that they play 2 other guards (Morris, Long) in addition to Kane; we'll be able to put Kromah, Giff, or potentially Samuel on him, and not let him feast on Boat or Bazz.

Reaction Score
To be fair SDSU fans were also very thrilled UConn never played at altitude like their guys. Does ISU play in Denver often?
No. We don't play west of Iowa much now that Nebraska and Colorado are gone from our conference. We played in Hawaii this season but mostly we stick to the Midwest.

Reaction Score
has anyone asked the iowa st fans about how good their team plays against chairs? Cause we OWN that skillset

Reaction Score
Things actually written about this UConn team on this board:

This is a heartless, gutless, soft team.

Napier either jacks too many bad shots or is too passive.

Giffey has zero plays run for him and he can't dribble.

Boatright is a ball hog and racist against Germans (Thus no plays for Giffey). He is also a bad defender with a bad attitude.

Daniels is soft, has been disappointing and against UL only scored in garbage time.

Brimah is a stick who has limited BBIQ bc he has only been playing for 3-4 years. Doris Burke also called him a walking foul machine. He was a complete reach at about the 250th ranked recruit. Many question why Ollie offered him a scholarship and many thought it showed Ollie couldn't recruit.

Samuel trash talks, plays dirty, has a suspect shot and plays like a deer in headlights when he dribbles the ball.

Kromah is Michael Jordan part two. Did you know he started ahead of Oliadipo back in AAU? (Hyper think has scared me into not saying anything bad about Kromah)

Facey has no concept of how to play defense.

Tolksdorf is a waste of a scholarship.

Olander is a drunk.

Nolan can't rebound and can't finish at all.

Omar Calhoun had summer surgery.
Hahahaha!!!!! That was a fact bro. I was surprised at how good Victor got in college. It also helps when ur college hires ur aau coach. But its all about the team now. Btw Kane is a killer but Ejim is the problem he rebounds very well

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Not at all! You should see the stuff I post over at cyclonefanatic. People there usually don't know if I'm serious, joking around or just plain crazy. My brother is a somewhat well known stand up comedian and I'm funnier than him, always pulling pranks and whatnot. Trust me, nothing you guys post could offend me or make me mad. I appreciate the conversation btw.

You're Tom Arnold's brother?

Reaction Score
Since you've already heard the rumors about our star players I'll give you the scouting report on a few lesser knowns. Feel free to relay this info to your friends,family or an assistant coach.

Our bigs are 7 foot 300lb tanks that can post up or step back and take a j. Both are quick and strong but are also stretch 5s, think dirk but jacked. One of our bigs goes by the name of Tyler olander. He's mostly an emeka clone, not super skilled offensively but a real rim protector.

Tomorrow I'll give you the book on our up and coming pg/sg sensation, Omar Calhoun. People throw around The name Caron butler/Ben Gordon when talking about him but honestly he's more of a Ray Allen/Rip type gaurd. Great movement without the ball and shoots near 50% in shoot around. More on him later. Some teams double team Omar even when he's on the bench. I wouldn't recommend that but it may have some merit.

Our senior forward from Germany is Giffey who is really only on the team because of APR problems. Don't bother guarding him because he doesn't really do much. You may see him on the three point line but that's really just a distraction to keep our big from being doubled. Sometimes he plays center when we purposely try to lose lol. It's actually pretty cute to see.

Anyway that's all I have for now but as we get closer to game time I'll break down the 2-3 we run and refuse to come out of no matter what is going on in the game. Hint: think cuse but with less success, we didn't go 25-0 and havnt in some time.

Bazz and Boat literally can't stand each other. Try to throw a wedge up in there. Turn them against each other will rumors or flat out lies and they'll be at each other's throats and bazz will start fouling on purpose.

Dude, I just have to give you props again for the funniest post of the year. I was taking a dump in my bathroom near my office reading the boneyard while sitting on the crapper. I started laughing so loud from your post that I began worrying that my assistant heard me laughing loudly while I was in the bathroom. Anyhow, it was perfectly written. Reading the part about Olander I thought you were just a . But, then it took me until reading about Calhoun to figure out the whole thing was ironic. Couldn't have been written any better. Sucked me in just enough where I it took me a few sentences to realize how ironic you were being.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom