Interstellar | The Boneyard

Interstellar

Reaction Score
Long movie. Every hour you spend in the movie is seven hours outside the theater.

That being said, I thought it was totally worth it. If you liked The Prestige, Inception and the Batman flicks then this is right up your alley. Like most Nolan movies, it is full of plot holes, but I felt the story was strong enough to carry it through.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I think you summed it up well zoo. Long flick... Don't regret seeing it... Did I like it? Mostly... Just have to get over some mental hurdles regarding physics.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Finally showed up on EPIC.

Very good movie, but way too long. I don't have problems with long movies per se, but the characters and the plot lines were repetitive. A good editor could have cut 20-30 minutes out of it and i wouldn't have noticed.

I like the premise, and it is definitely one that we should think about. Destruction of our planet leading to...what? Escape? Bury our head in the sand blind hope? This aspect of the movie gets lost in the main plot of space/time travel and black holes. The movie has the run of the mill time travel paradox plot problem of much of science fiction, and I was kind of hoping for Nolan to have a more interesting perspective than time is a circle. Which it isn't. It wouldn't have been hard for the tesseract to have been built by the survivors of the colony established by professor brand. I will pretend it was because then the plot hole is fixed.

The ocean planet was really cool, as was Matt Damon's character. It was interesting, and i thought the science around gravity and black holes was pretty cool, and appears to be theoretically accurate up to the point of "time is a circle". The emotional consequences of what was effectively time travel were presented well, if too repetitively.

Reaction Score
I enjoyed it. Wish I had seen it in the theaters, or better yet, at IMAX. Even on a TV it was good though.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
This aspect of the movie gets lost in the main plot of space/time travel and black holes. The movie has the run of the mill time travel paradox plot problem of much of science fiction, and I was kind of hoping for Nolan to have a more interesting perspective than time is a circle.

Unfortunately, time travel being inherently the paradox that it is, plot lines are going to be ducked up no matter how anyone depicts it; there will always be holes. Some aspects are better done than others of course.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom