International Cup- La Galaxy vs, Barcelona | The Boneyard

International Cup- La Galaxy vs, Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
OK, so if even like 75 percent of FCB starters play, how many goal does Barcelona win by?
I say 3.

Reaction Score
Depends on how many starters Bruce wants to play. Last year they mailed it in front of 90k, he literally doesn't care. He only played Gerrard for 45 minutes against Club America.

Reaction Score
Actually turned out to be a pretty good game with 90,000 fans at the Rose Bowl.

Reaction Score
and Gerrard looked old out there, not sure why the MLS keeps signing these retired players, he doesn't really add much to the Galaxy.

Reaction Score
and Gerrard looked old out there, not sure why the MLS keeps signing these retired players, he doesn't really add much to the Galaxy.

He looked good in the the couple of games I saw him in. I didn't watch last night. Can't believe for a second that he was out there to go hard. They also signed Mexico's Gio Dos Santos last week who is in his mid twenties. That's probably a more important pick up than Gerrard. Also that American former West Ham United kid, Sebastian Lletget has been a real solid pickup for them. LA is absolutely loaded.

When Gyasi Zardes comes back, he might be on the bench if Dos Santos and Keane start as the strikers.

The match is pretty meaningless. Good experience for those younger LA players that don't get much playing time.

The crowd was pretty big. And there lies MLS/LA Galaxy's problem in LA. They had 60,000 posers in FC Barcelona jerseys, probably all wondering why Messi and Neymar aren't there and yet LA Galaxy rarely ever fills their own stadium.

Reaction Score
not sure why the MLS keeps signing these retired players, he doesn't really add much to the Galaxy.
Gerrard (and other Euros in their twilight) will help sell tickets home and away. give SG time to get settled, it's still his preseason. Gerrard serving up Keane will be a pretty formidable duo once they find their rhythm playing together.

Reaction Score
I know it's all about the marketing and selling tix, but at the end of the day, do you think it is good for the leagues image to be known as the retirement league for the EPL?

Reaction Score
the Man U/Barcelona game was very entertaining, Levi stadium is a great venue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom