Interesting Side Story: Melo vs. Drummond with Raw but Endless Potential | The Boneyard

Interesting Side Story: Melo vs. Drummond with Raw but Endless Potential

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I thought they both played really well actually (I know us UConn fans would never compare Drummond and Melo), but you have to think that while Melo is not as good currently, he also has no ceiling in terms of potential. 7'0 250 with long arms, quickness, and athleticism.

My take:
Drummond's Dunk. Wow. There are seriously points where you wonder how any college freshman is that athletic, strong, and tall. Some of his rebounds looked effortless due to his wingspan. Even in glimpses, you can see why he has been pegged for going in the top 2 in the NBA Draft. As for Fab Melo, watching him battle inside with Drummond made you realize why he was a 5 * recruit out of college. Honestly, they both showed flashes of briliance and I loved Fab Melo getting in his teammates faces about yelling at him. Awful shot, but let the coaches handle that. As a player, he is the one battling for rebounds and second chance points for his team, so it had to be frustrating to be yelled at by his own teammates.

Rest of my blog is here: http://cbbhoopsspot.blogspot.com/, but honestly, doesn't have to do with this post, so unless you are interested, I am more curious to hear what people think about comparing the two in terms of their long-term potential. Drummond has NBA all-star potential, does Melo?

caw

Reaction Score
I thought they both played really well actually (I know us UConn fans would never compare Drummond and Melo), but you have to think that while Melo is not as good currently, he also has no ceiling in terms of potential. 7'0 250 with long arms, quickness, and athleticism.

My take:
Drummond's Dunk. Wow. There are seriously points where you wonder how any college freshman is that athletic, strong, and tall. Some of his rebounds looked effortless due to his wingspan. Even in glimpses, you can see why he has been pegged for going in the top 2 in the NBA Draft. As for Fab Melo, watching him battle inside with Drummond made you realize why he was a 5 * recruit out of college. Honestly, they both showed flashes of briliance and I loved Fab Melo getting in his teammates faces about yelling at him. Awful shot, but let the coaches handle that. As a player, he is the one battling for rebounds and second chance points for his team, so it had to be frustrating to be yelled at by his own teammates.

Rest of my blog is here: http://cbbhoopsspot.blogspot.com/, but honestly, doesn't have to do with this post, so unless you are interested, I am more curious to hear what people think about comparing the two in terms of their long-term potential. Drummond has NBA all-star potential, does Melo?

Melo would have to become much better to even have a shot at being an all-star. Drummond may never be an all-star because he has so much he needs to work on. The bad thing for Melo is that he is about 3-4 years older, a ton less raw, in great shape this year and still not nearly as good as Drummond. Drummond has now abused him for 3 straight games and Drummond is as raw as they come.

Reaction Score
Melo would have to become much better to even have a shot at being an all-star. Drummond may never be an all-star because he has so much he needs to work on. The bad thing for Melo is that he is about 3-4 years older, a ton less raw, in great shape this year and still not nearly as good as Drummond. Drummond has now abused him for 3 straight games and Drummond is as raw as they come.

I had no idea he was that much older. I thought he was a sophomore, so did he take a prep year or is it just because Drummond is young for college?

Reaction Score
Melo needs one more year in college...but he probably won't stay.

caw

Reaction Score
I had no idea he was that much older. I thought he was a sophomore, so did he take a prep year or is it just because Drummond is young for college?

Well it's 3 years and 1 month. Fab is a year ahead and Drummond entered a year early. I guess Melo must have either started late or something in high school, dunno.

Jun 2, 1990 - Fab Melo

August 10, 1993 - Andre Drummond

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member