Interesting article, Deseret News 9/19/16 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Interesting article, Deseret News 9/19/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I never said UConn doesn't' pay enough.

I posted a link to a list of coaches salaries. nothing more.

Ummm...

I interpret that list a little differently. Cincinnati has made a commitment to pay p-5 money for a football coach at over 2 million. Houston has a 5 million $ bonus if Herman gets them in a p-5. Houston AD: Herman gets $5M if we go Power 5

Looking at the list it would seem that for the most part somewhere in the 2-2.5 million $ range is the minimum commitment as far as coaches salaries for p-5 football.

Reaction Score
I don't know the exact terms of the contract. You'll need to reach out to the athletic department for that info.

UConn just gave Diaco a raise/extension coming off of a 6-7 season. Of course they would raise him for continued improved results, namely a P5 invite, just like our other high profile coaches.

I suspect we would already know if UConn had a similar bonus of several million $ for Diaco if UConn lands in a p-5.

My guess is a booster or group of boosters are putting up the 5 million for Herman's bonus.

Reaction Score
Diaco's contract is absolutely in line with P5 and all G5 candidates. Diaco just got an extension/raise. The pay is absolutely in-line..

UConn just gave Diaco a raise/extension coming off of a 6-7 season. Of course they would raise him for continued improved results, namely a P5 invite, just like our other high profile coaches.

He (Diaco) will earn $1.7 million in 2016 (up from $1.6 million on the old contract), $1.8 million in 2017 (up from $1.7 million) and $1.9 million in 2018 (up from $1.7 million). Diaco will make $2 million in 2019 and $2.1 million in 2020.

Dooley

Reaction Score
Thanks for confirming that for me. Notice I never mentioned UConn or Diaco. Never.

You're welcome. Again, your words...

Looking at the list it would seem that for the most part somewhere in the 2-2.5 million $ range is the minimum commitment as far as coaches salaries for p-5 football.

In this link that *you* provided and *you* are using to discuss UConn's "lack of commitment to P5 football", it would seem that Notre Dame doesn't meet your arbitrary minimum $2-$2.5M/yr football coaching salary requirement either. Are we going to discuss ND's lack of P5 football commitment next?

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
LOL.

I never said UConn should pay Diaco more.
I never said UConn doesn't' pay enough.

I posted a link to a list of coaches salaries. nothing more.

No, you only said the following:

Cincy and Houston have made p-5 commitments to thier coaches with a much lower AD budget than UConn

Interesting list that shows what schools are spending on football coaches. Look at KU, LOL.
USA TODAY Sports

I interpret that list a little differently. Cincinnati has made a commitment to pay p-5 money for a football coach at over 2 million. Houston has a 5 million $ bonus if Herman gets them in a p-5. Houston AD: Herman gets $5M if we go Power 5

You passive aggressively posted a list of salaries then said Cincy and Houston have made a commitment UConn hasn't made and specifically said because Cincy got "Tupperware" from TTU for 2+M. So, yeah, you kinda did say we don't pay enough.

Reaction Score
LOl. You and Matt just love playing the offended victim.

I looked at the list and gathered that most p-5 programs committed to football seem to pay in the 2-2.5 million $ range. I never once mentioned Uconn. Never.

In fact if you look at total salary UConn is very close to 2 million so I have no idea why you are even upset. But you are.

Dooley

Reaction Score

I looked at the list and gathered that most p-5 programs committed to football seem to pay in the 2-2.5 million $ range. I never once mentioned Uconn. Never.

In fact if you look at total salary UConn is very close to 2 million so I have no idea why you are even upset. But you are.

Okay great, we are in agreement then: UConn has made the necessary commitment to P5 football. I'm not upset as long as we both agree, which it appears we do. No worries, Mountains.

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
We are looking to be invested in a league that is better and has more potential in all aspects than the one we are presently in.One coaches salary,should and would not make a difference in that goal.The commitment to athletics,and football in particular,will be viewed as a whole,not by the individual piece.Connecticut is making that commitment.Whether that is enough to get it into a superior league,in any or all sports,will be up to those who make the choice,based on what they perceive to be strengths and weaknesses.I doubt what the head coach makes,will be the final point as to whether we will be invited or not to a better position in the college landscape.

Reaction Score
No, you only said the following:

You passive aggressively posted a list of salaries then said Cincy and Houston have made a commitment UConn hasn't made and specifically said because Cincy got "Tupperware" from TTU for 2+M. So, yeah, you kinda did say we don't pay enough.

Saying that Cinci has made a p-5 commitment by hiring Tupperware has nothing to do with UConn.
Saying that Houston has made a 5 million$ commitment for Hermann if they get a p-5 invite has nothing to do with UConn.

You are simply making this stuff up because you are insecure. Just stop or put me on ignore if you can't handle an adult conversation. All you do is crap threads up with constant whining while you play the offended victim.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score

LOL.

*Says stuff*

*Called out for stuff said*

"Nope never said those things."

You're the kid holding the chocolate ice cream cone with fresh drops all over the white furniture swearing he didn't do it.

Reaction Score
Okay great, we are in agreement then: UConn has made the necessary commitment to P5 football. I'm not upset as long as we both agree, which it appears we do. No worries, Mountains.

LOL. I never said that either.

Reaction Score
LOL.

*Says stuff*

*Called out for stuff said*

"Nope never said those things."

You're the kid holding the chocolate ice cream cone with fresh drops all over the white furniture swearing he didn't do it.

You sir are 100% drama queen. Keep up the fine work. LOL.

Reaction Score
You're right. I should start acting like all of the dedicated UConn fans here and continue to blame BC, Syracuse, BYU, Pitt, Louisville, et al. It's sad. Until we hand P5s a product they can't refuse, we have no one else to blame. The complacency here is puzzling to say the least; moreover, its combination with victimization is troubling.

Do you even understand that there is NOTHING we can do to make a P5 conference invite us? NOTHING. HCBD wasn't my choice 3 years ago (I wanted Narduzzi), but we still haven't seen yours. Whom should we have offered who would have taken the job?

Since you brought the word moron up, may I suggest you make a commitment to a mirror in your house.

Dooley

Reaction Score
You sir are 100% drama queen. Keep up the fine work. LOL.

I think it's time you get lost. Either contribute to CR discussion or get lost.

Dooley

Reaction Score
Do you even understand that there is NOTHING we can do to make a P5 conference invite us? NOTHING. HCBD wasn't my choice 3 years ago (I wanted Narduzzi), but we still haven't seen yours. Whom should we have offered who would have taken the job?.

Oh he never said. He also never said that he never said that. In fact, this dude has about 120 messages of saying absolutely nothing.

Reaction Score
Do you even understand that there is NOTHING we can do to make a P5 conference invite us? NOTHING.
This is a prime example of learned helplessness. Too early for that. Way too early.

Reaction Score
This is a prime example of learned helplessness. Too early for that. Way too early.

Oh, my apologies then. We can force a P-5 conference to invite us. Great news. So, Einstein, please inform all of us lesser lights:

1. Whom we should have offered our coaching job to last time around; and

2. Could you please inform us what accomplishments force a P5 conference to invite us and thus guaranty us a slot?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Herman will be gone long before he ever earns that money at Houston. He won't stay there.

Diaco is paid well enough. If you look at the list, young coaches don't get paid as much until their second or third stop. Diaco is a first time HC so won't make as much. But if he can win here, somebody else will offer him $2.5-$3M. Is he then an appropriate P5 hire in your view?

Diaco is a great ambassador. He looks like a solid program builder to me. He's a decent recruiter. He's still got issues as a game coach, but that's the easiest part of the job. He's certainly not a failure.

Reaction Score
KU went cheap because they were paying off the previous two coaches, who they paid 2.5 million a year each.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom