Inside Out Basketball | The Boneyard

Inside Out Basketball

H

huskymagic

I think part of the struggle we have been having last 2 years has been UCONN as a team and philosophy not having a capable inside presence but more importantly not making it a priority to feed the post and play through the big men. I firmly believe that our recent improvement which is real and will continue moving forward has to do with Ollie finally realizing that we need to make a concerted effort to feed the post to have better spacing and balance and it shows in our team. Kentan's improvement is no accident but a result of this newly embraced strategy and not having to worry about being subbed out.

Christian Vital said it best: Our offense looked like a complete offense," Vital said. "Kentan finishing inside, Steve finishing inside, throwing lobs to Amida, Purv going to the lane and scoring, me hitting a couple of threes and being able to drive, not settling, Jalen being able to drive. Getting the ball inside, that's something we struggled with, didn't do, and it was hurting us. Now, we're seeing if we get the ball inside and give the big guys confidence to make plays, then everybody is going to be able to make a play."

Reaction Score
Agree completely, just let's see if we can do it against tougher competition.

Reaction Score
It might also help in recruiting. If I was a big and watched UConn over the last few years I would be concerned that the offense puts no emphasis on post play

Reaction Score
You also wonder if it's a chicken or the egg situation with post skills. How were these guys supposed to get better without and reps? Now you need basic competency like being able to catch the ball, but Facey and Enoch certainly have that at least.

Reaction Score
The bigs had some open area to work in, but we saw a collapse on Facey and he lost it. Let's not get ahead of ourselves it was NFU and not Houston. Happy with the steps many are taking but they are going to begin to play D1 teams who are playing for their season. I've watched a few of them and every night will be a fight it would seem, we're not good enough to go out and just play and many of the lower tier have improved, some dramatically.

Time to see if they can maintain this type of positive offense we clearly need!

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The most important phrase was not settling. We will see if the bigs can show up offensively against better teams. They haven't yet.

H

huskymagic

Kevin Ollie finally realized after our horrible start that inside out basketball is the way to go. Our big men are the strength of our team and am happy that the team is finally playing through them especially for Kentan. We have enough on this team to make a deep run and win it all. Good to see Vance improving and shooting better with confidence. Another important adjustment made last night was to get Amida involved in the gameearly in both halves with an easy bucket which Jalen did, and get Rodney a positive play right after. Amida and Rodney are the team's energizer bunnies. The team feeds off their energy. IF Vance continue to emerge ala Jeremy Lamb we got something cooking in the oven boys... Make the tournament boys and give us a rematch with Kentucky. I want to see Diabolical's face on the bench when we HAMMER them.

P.S. Amida Dominate the NCAA all the way to the NBA

Reaction Score
Kevin Ollie finally realized after our horrible start that inside out basketball is the way to go. Our big men are the strength of our team and am happy that the team is finally playing through them especially for Kentan. We have enough on this team to make a deep run and win it all. Good to see Vance improving and shooting better with confidence. Another important adjustment made last night was to get Amida involved in the gameearly in both halves with an easy bucket which Jalen did, and get Rodney a positive play right after. Amida and Rodney are the team's energizer bunnies. The team feeds off their energy. IF Vance continue to emerge ala Jeremy Lamb we got something cooking in the oven boys... Make the tournament boys and give us a rematch with Kentucky. I want to see Diabolical's face on the bench when we HAMMER them.

Wow you continue to amaze with more crap. Ollie didn't adjust, these guys weren't good enough to play inside-out and for the most part, that's not really happening anyway what are you watching? ken tan is making space in the lane shooting the ball, neither of these guys are throwing any passes from the low or high post to anyone for open 3's, maybe once in a blue moon but not like you are saying.

You are right though they feed on energy that I will give you. Oh and you still have a better chance with:

P.S. Come to UCONN Hami :eek:

Reaction Score
It might also help in recruiting. If I was a big and watched UConn over the last few years I would be concerned that the offense puts no emphasis on post play
We haven't exactly had any back to the basket bigs in a while. Enoch is that even moreso than Facey, but even Steve hasn't learned the ins and outs of post play. If we develop Steve that will help in recruiting bigs.

Reaction Score

I would go there if I was a good big thinking I'm ready and love their guards year in year out. And I want to chase a title?

Will take a confident big to break the slump, but he's out there and is ready to throw the guards on his back.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

At the start of the season, would you have bet your house on the thought that the bigs (AB, KF and SE) were the strength of the team?
You must be a hell of a lot smarter than 80% of the people on this board, KO, his staff, JC and 99% of the commentators who are on TV, radio and college BB writers.
I do agree that getting AB started early, as well as RP and VJ is important.
JV has come along well the past few games but easy right now with the JL comparatives
The seven give their heart out BUT these seven aren't enough to make a deep run (maybe in the AAC) and win it all
I bleed Husky Blue but won't make that claim

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
At the start of the season, would you have bet your house on the thought that the bigs (AB, KF and SE) were the strength of the team?
You must be a hell of a lot smarter than 80% of the people on this board, KO, his staff, JC and 99% of the commentators who are on TV, radio and college BB writers.
I do agree that getting AB started early, as well as RP and VJ is important.
JV has come along well the past few games but easy right now with the JL comparatives
The seven give their heart out BUT these seven aren't enough to make a deep run (maybe in the AAC) and win it all
I bleed Husky Blue but won't make that claim
@Deepster

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
Aside from Adams, who among our guards has been able to effectively feed the post, regardless of how effective our bigs have been? I wouldn't say it is KO realizing the need to feed the post, rather, the inability of our guards to do it without Adams being out there on the floor to make it happen...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom