Initial media reaction to uniforms (CBS, USA Today, Yahoo) | The Boneyard

Initial media reaction to uniforms (CBS, USA Today, Yahoo)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
USA Today: "UConn unveiled its new football uniforms on Thursday and the team's helmets, with a close-up of a scowling Husky painted down the middle, earned the most fanfare. For good reason; the helmets are fantastic." (They also took a shot at the program with the last sentence)

Yahoo: "So we'll leave it up to you. Let us know what you think of the logo-in-front look for UConn's new football helmets. If nothing else, it's pretty unique. Kudos to the Huskies for not being boring."

CBS: "As far as I can recall, it's the first helmet where the logo is actually on the front of the helmet rather than the side, and I have to say, I like it. Quite a bit, actually. It's different, which is nice, but it's not ridiculously different. It isn't made of chrome, designed solely for the purpose of making people say "oooh" at another shiny object placed before them."

Reaction Score
We did something to get our names out there. This is great. People are talking about UCONN.....FINALLY !!!!!!!!

Also, the kids on twitter and facebook love them too. Thats all i care about. No one gives a damn what a few old, cantankerous tools think on this board.

Change is good when its necessary to serve a purpose. For us, it was necessary to serve a purpose.

Reaction Score
USA Today: "UConn unveiled its new football uniforms on Thursday and the team's helmets, with a close-up of a scowling Husky painted down the middle, earned the most fanfare. For good reason; the helmets are fantastic." (They also took a shot at the program with the last sentence)

Yahoo: "So we'll leave it up to you. Let us know what you think of the logo-in-front look for UConn's new football helmets. If nothing else, it's pretty unique. Kudos to the Huskies for not being boring."

CBS: "As far as I can recall, it's the first helmet where the logo is actually on the front of the helmet rather than the side, and I have to say, I like it. Quite a bit, actually. It's different, which is nice, but it's not ridiculously different. It isn't made of chrome, designed solely for the purpose of making people say "oooh" at another shiny object placed before them."

Where is a link to freescooter's reaction? It's as least as important, if not more.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
"The school changed from a generic Husky logo to a new Nike-designed one that was revealed last week"

What? Our old logo was generic?

Reaction Score
p-334494-birmingham-bolts-xfl-mini-helmet-jt-747658135028.jpg

Birmingham Bolts of the XFL. So now we look like an XFL team. Cool.

Hockey jerseys are up. I'll stick with Yale and Quinnipiac.

Reaction Score
How can you leave off the last part of the CBS article?!?!

"I have a feeling I'm in the minority here, but nice work, UConn. Uniforms like these deserve a new conference."

Damn skippy! UConn is finally starting to think B1G!
Alas, we're getting a new conference...its a worse one, but its mostly new...And the uniforms themselves are nice. the white helmet is Marlyandish. The blue merely bad.

Reaction Score
Nothing says big time like a helmet that is similar to the XFL or Arena 2's Wichita Stealth!
AF2_Stealth.gif

Reaction Score
p-334494-birmingham-bolts-xfl-mini-helmet-jt-747658135028.jpg

Birmingham Bolts of the XFL. So now we look like an XFL team. Cool.

Hockey jerseys are up. I'll stick with Yale and Quinnipiac.

University of Michigan helmet from the B1G:

images

Pretty sure Warde, a UM alum, used this as inspiration as opposed to the XFL. Just a hunch. Ours are no where near as gaudy as that XFL helmet.

Reaction Score
shut up
I guess you're upset because the stealth are defunct...well so are the arena2 league and the XFL...but Warde and Nike have kept them alive. The Michigan helmet is as much an inspiration for this mess as the Birmingham Bolts helmet was. Nice to know that our new leadership is going for trendy rather than trying to build tradition. maybe they can get the players to wear mens capri pants when they go on the road...I hear those are the latest trend.

Reaction Score
I guess you're upset because the stealth are defunct...well so are the arena2 league and the XFL...but Warde and Nike have kept them alive. The Michigan helmet is as much an inspiration for this mess as the Birmingham Bolts helmet was. Nice to know that our new leadership is going for trendy rather than trying to build tradition. maybe they can get the players to wear mens capri pants when they go on the road...I hear those are the latest trend.

Nope. Just sick of seeing your posts.

You cant have tradition when you're 10 years old, and everyone else is 100. No matter how long we try, we're still 90 years behind. Always will be.

Kids like flashy. They all like the dog, and the helmet.

Shut up

Reaction Score
Nope. Just sick of seeing your posts.

You cant have tradition when you're 10 years old, and everyone else is 100. No matter how long we try, we're still 90 years behind. Always will be.

Kids like flashy. They all like the dog, and the helmet.

Shut up
We need to act like we've been there before. Which despite our short history we have. My problem with this helmet, and it really is only with the helmet, the uniforms are fine, is it looks small time...like the kid who jumps around waving his arms yelling Look at me! Look at me! In baseball they would call this bush league. I hate to see my alma mater acting like a bush league outfit. Though I have come to expect it lately.

For what its worth I don't love the hockey uniforms, either. They are just ok. The current ones are better looking. better coordinated, and its good to have a number front and back I think. These are too plain, if you can believe it.

Reaction Score

images

Pretty sure Warde, a UM alum, used this as inspiration as opposed to the XFL. Just a hunch. Ours are no where near as gaudy as that XFL helmet.
UM copied Princeton. Their helmets are designed to mimic certain old leather helmets. The only thing I get out of the placement of the logo on our helmet is we're going to have a pack of huskies looking at the opposing team at the line of scrimmage.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

images

I also thought of Michigan. Is it weird I like the back of the helmets better? If we are to become a "white" school as opposed to a "blue" school then it makes some sense that the husky has more blue. Still think they should have made a white dog work, but I like the uniforms. Not 100% sold on the "eyeball" helment. A full face might have been better.

Reaction Score
I also thought of Michigan. Is it weird I like the back of the helmets better? If we are to become a "white" school as opposed to a "blue" school then it makes some sense that the husky has more blue. Still think they should have made a white dog work, but I like the uniforms. Not 100% sold on the "eyeball" helment. A full face might have been better.
Honestly, a full face would have been too much.

Reaction Score
I would think they'll be issued skinny jeans with the new logo on them!

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score

Author's life progression:

Step 1: graduate from the fine institution of Florida
Step 2: have favorite football team get absolutely demolished by a Louisville team that lost at home to UConn
Step 3: still not know how to spell the word "WEAR" despite alleged education
Person C: Let’s take a page from Maryland’s playbook and make our football team where the ugliest helmets ever.
Step 4: continue to be an irrelevant without a career

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul