Indy 11 | The Boneyard

Indy 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For a small city, Indy has a nice little sports mecca downtown with some top notch facilities in football, basketball, and now soccer. Their AAA baseball stadium is not bad either. Of course they also have that car racing track just outside of downtown...

As for soccer stadium, I think the big race is between The Revs, who seem to be blocked by their own ownership's greed, and DC united, who seem to be blocked by every politician on each side of the Potomac. My guess is one will have a stadium by 2100.

Reaction Score
As for soccer stadium, I think the big race is between The Revs, who seem to be blocked by their own ownership's greed, and DC united, who seem to be blocked by every politician on each side of the Potomac. My guess is one will have a stadium by 2100.
In late December, DC United obtained DC approval for its new stadium in Buzzard Point (Southwest).

Reaction Score
In late December, DC United obtained DC approval for its new stadium in Buzzard Point (Southwest).

Good for DC United, they have been trying for years and their fans desperately want this for one of the top teams in MLS. Now the Revs maybe the last team stuck in a NFL stadium out in the burbs with the only foreseeable hope being a downscaled Olympic stadium to be opened in 2026. That's until the NYC FC Titanics move into the unfriendly confines (from a soccer point of view) Yankee Stadium and the Atlanta team tries to do what every team except for Seattle has tried and failed to do, be successful in a NFL stadium.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/17/r...united-soccer-stadium-in-washington.html?_r=0

The article also mentions Vegas. Will that be an enclosed stadium? I cannot see soccer being played in Las Vegas outdoor unless FIFA has decided it needs a guinea pig for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.

Reaction Score
Good for DC United, they have been trying for years and their fans desperately want this for one of the top teams in MLS. Now the Revs maybe the last team stuck in a NFL stadium out in the burbs with the only foreseeable hope being a downscaled Olympic stadium to be opened in 2026. That's until the NYC FC Titanics move into the unfriendly confines (from a soccer point of view) Yankee Stadium and the Atlanta team tries to do what every team except for Seattle has tried and failed to do, be successful in a NFL stadium.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/17/r...united-soccer-stadium-in-washington.html?_r=0

The article also mentions Vegas. Will that be an enclosed stadium? I cannot see soccer being played in Las Vegas outdoor unless FIFA has decided it needs a guinea pig for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.

The cake isn't done baking at NYC FC yet, but it doesn't smell good.

At this point, between The Minnesotas, Indy, Sacramento, Vegas, St. Louis and a few others (not Miami). MLS has so many expansion options that if it gets it wrong then they only have themselves to blame.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
The cake isn't done baking at NYC FC yet, but it doesn't smell good.

At this point, between The Minnesotas, Indy, Sacramento, Vegas, St. Louis and a few others (not Miami). MLS has so many expansion options that if it gets it wrong then they only have themselves to blame.
I honestly think they've already gotten it wrong with NYC and Atlanta. Why bring teams into the league that don't have a soccer specific plan in place? It set to fail. Atlanta is going to be disastrous in that gigantic NFL stadium. NYC is already a complete failure and MLS must be wishing they could turn back time.

They really need to look no further then what cities already have a passionate fan base for their NASL or USL team and go there. Looking at Minnesota (not the NFL backed proposal), San Antonio, or Sacramento. Personally I think that 2 Texas teams are enough so sorry San Antonio. I'd like to see Minnesota United promoted up to MLS and same for Sacramento's team.

Reaction Score
Indy 11 has a ways to go before the stadium is funded. The vote in the legislature bumps it up to the next level where they can begin hashing out the details that will be presented for funding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom