In this league it's not enough to be just competent | The Boneyard

In this league it's not enough to be just competent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My fear is that with a league like this, essentially a CUSA or MAC or WAC conference, out of the public eye, not relevant to college football - it's not enough to just be competent. Not. And I'll grant everyone on this board, RE is that. He is competent. (PP was past his prime, BD was too inexperienced, and RE is an improvement over both.) Randy will do a "good" job. He will. I'm not giving up on him. But in this league you have to be Boise State. You have to Tom Herman-led Houston. You have to turn heads. I'm not giving up on Randy for one reason. Not too many of us every get a George Bailey moment, to get to really see what life is, how truly wonderful it is, how you have to be thankful and love it with passion every single day. Randy just got his moment on the bridge. So he's got that going for him, and that's a lot. He always had passion. Now he has passion on steroids. So . . . . .

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Success in this conference will not come easy. I was laughing back in 2013 (back in my lurking days) when the blowhards on this board were saying UConn should dominate the AAC like Ohio State does in the Big 10 or Alabama does in the SEC. I had SMU season tickets for many years and I've seen a lot of Houston, Memphis, UCF, etc. I knew it wouldn't be easy.

Does HCRE have what it takes to win consistently in this conference? Yes, he does. Can we go 9-3 or 10-2? Yes. Can we win conference championships? Absolutely. But are we going to be the "Alabama of the AAC" with conference championships in most years. No way. That will never happen, no matter who is coaching here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA
Top Bottom