In the works? Some surprise recruits coming? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

In the works? Some surprise recruits coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Brags and Ukan are out of eligibility, sorry not trying not to share just don't think names are out there yet

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Let's hope.

Although the odds are good Meghan Fox may know as much about recruiting QBs.
I'm pretty sure she'd be much better at it. Lord knows she'd be much better at recruiting me than Randy would.:D

Reaction Score
Target the Temple recruits. With their coaching change and the interim thought to be going to Baylor as well its open season for their northeast recruits.

Reaction Score
Please show me the record of someone who took a FCS team to FBS and did better than what Randy did. I'll be waiting for your response. For a long, long time.

Jim Leavitt, South Florida.

Reaction Score
Target the Temple recruits. With their coaching change and the interim thought to be going to Baylor as well its open season for their northeast recruits.

Won't be easy pickings. Temple's interim head coach/recruiting coordinator/TE/ST coach Ed Foley is staying on Geoff Collins' new staff. DC Snow is gone to Baylor. They just hired a new OC in Dave Patenaude who has CT and Northeast ties.

Reaction Score
Jim Leavitt, South Florida.

How many Big East titles did he win and how many BCS Bowl games did he take his teams to. Honest question. He may have but I don't feel like looking it up.

Reaction Score
How many Big East titles did he win and how many BCS Bowl games did he take his teams to. Honest question. He may have but I don't feel like looking it up.

I decided to look it up. The answers are none and none but thanks for playing.

Reaction Score
I decided to look it up. The answers are none and none but thanks for playing.

That's not the question that was asked and I answered, but if you are suggesting what JL did at USF is not on par with what RE did at UConn, you are delusional.

Reaction Score
That's not the question that was asked and I answered, but if you are suggesting what JL did at USF is not on par with what RE did at UConn, you are delusional.

It's not on par. Leavitt had a head start in weaker conferences to build his foundation in sunny Florida.

Randy in a small northeastern state with minimal recruiting base jumped into, at the time, one of the power conferences and proceeded to win 2 titles and went to a BCS Bowl game.

It's not even debatable.

Reaction Score
It's not on par. Leavitt had a head start in weaker conferences to build his foundation in sunny Florida.

Randy in a small northeastern state with minimal recruiting base jumped into, at the time, one of the power conferences and proceeded to win 2 titles and went to a BCS Bowl game.

It's not even debatable.

LOL
Jim Leavitt was great in September.

he actually received his BCS #2 ranking in an October

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
LOL

he actually received his BCS #2 ranking in an October
IMG_1426.GIF

Reaction Score
Please show me the record of someone who took a FCS team to FBS and did better than what Randy did. I'll be waiting for your response. For a long, long time.

Let's face it. Most of us the die hard UCONN football fan's we are today because of the ground breaking effort that Randy and staff did in the early FBS years so I agree it was probably the greatest transition considering the conference and some of the key wins like South Carolina, Baylor and of course Notre Dame.

I would certainly pur South Florida right up there. Another team that in recent years came on with a splash was a Georgia Southern. In their first year in FBS (2014)'they won the Sun Belt with a 9-3 record and blew away Bowling Green in a bowl. They finished 9-4 in their second year. That was a pretty good transition. Granted the Big East was a better league than the Sunbelt.

I am joining the welcome back to UCONN Randy bandwagon! Having said that, I really enjoyed going down to Maryland and beating Randy's dream team 24-21 in 2012. I guess you could say that was our grudge match that UCONN nation got some pay back satisfaction from!

Reaction Score
Randy year by year:
1999: 6th place in Yankee Conf. 4 & 7
2000 Independent 3 & 8
2001 Independent 2 & 9
2002 Independent 6 & 6
2003 Independent 9 & 3
2004 Big East Conference 5th 8 & 4 — Won Motor City Bowl against Toledo 39–10
2005 Big East Conference 7th 5 & 6
2006 Big East Conference 7th 4 & 8
2007 Big East Conference T-1st 9 & 4 — Lost Meineke Car Car Bowl against Wake Forest 10–24
2008 Big East Conference 5th 8 & 5 — Won International Bowl against Buffalo 38–20
2009 Big East Conference 5th 8 & 5 — Won PapaJohns.com Bowl against South Carolina 20–7
2010 Big East Conference T-1st* 8 & 5 — Lost Fiesta Bowl against Oklahoma 20–48

3 & 2 in Bowls. 6 of 12 seasons with 8+ wins.

I'll very gladly take eight win Randy at $1MM per year vs untested FCS head coach or an FBS coordinator.

I guess I had him Wrong I thought he coached for a few years ay Maryland .
Oh yeah. Even with major more budget dollars at Maryland that record wouldn't look so good tagged on here.

Reaction Score
USF and Leavitt did pretty well making that same move.

Edit: RE did a fine job making that move, the question for me is can he exceed what he did before.

Northbound, USF, did it second fastest. We did it the fastest. Now, there's been a lot of turnover in the AAC coaching rank...who been the longest coach in the AAC in 2017?

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Let's face it. Most of us the die hard UCONN football fan's we are today because of the ground breaking effort that Randy and staff did in the early FBS years so I agree it was probably the greatest transition considering the conference and some of the key wins like South Carolina, Baylor and of course Notre Dame.

I would certainly pur South Florida right up there. Another team that in recent years came on with a splash was a Georgia Southern. In their first year in FBS (2014)'they won the Sun Belt with a 9-3 record and blew away Bowling Green in a bowl. They finished 9-4 in their second year. That was a pretty good transition. Granted the Big East was a better league than the Sunbelt.

I am joining the welcome back to UCONN Randy bandwagon! Having said that, I really enjoyed going down to Maryland and beating Randy's dream team 24-21 in 2012. I guess you could say that was our grudge match that UCONN nation got some pay back satisfaction from!

Those Baylor games were special. RG III said the crowd at the Rent was the loudest he ever heard in college football. And I was at the Baylor game in Waco where UConn was bigger, faster, and more athletic. Our offensive line trucked* their defense for 60 minutes.

I'd love to see stuff like that again.

* teenage term acquired from my son

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member