In the author's opinion: "Geno is the Greatest Troller. Ever." | The Boneyard

In the author's opinion: "Geno is the Greatest Troller. Ever."

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
That is very much exactly what, at times, irks many of us non-UConn fans. He's the best at that sort of thing. Especially annoying to many NJ folks, who consider themselves quite good in a Philly / Brooklyn sort of way.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Just thought I'd mention Geno and Jim Boeheim are longtime good friends. I saw them pull that same routine about 10 years ago at the Hoops for Hope Gala co-hosted by Geno and Jim Calhoun.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
HuskyNan said:
Just thought I'd mention Geno and Jim Boeheim are longtime good friends. I saw them pull that same routine about 10 years ago at the Hoops for Hope Gala co-hosted by Geno and Jim Calhoun.

it was clear, in the broadcast, that these two are great friends. As Knight pointed out, their kind of banter is good natured and very typical between friends in Joisey, Philly, B'klyn etc

Reaction Score
Wow, Meghan Bard was so funny and insightful!!! So happy to be a UConn fan!!!

Reaction Score
My question is since Muffet apparently lied ( fibbed) about UC not wanting to play ND. How does that make him a troll by being honest. It is not like he planned this, had she not made that comment, he would not have responded. The troll in my opinion was
Ms Muffet who tried to stir the pot and succeeded to some degree. Did that help ger team NOT

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
My question is since Muffet apparently lied ( fibbed) about UC not wanting to play ND. How does that make him a troll by being honest. It is not like he planned this, had she not made that comment, he would not have responded. The troll in my opinion was
Ms Muffet who tried to stir the pot and succeeded to some degree. Did that help ger team NOT

"Because look what happened. Instead of focusing on Breanna Stewart, Stephanie Dolson and Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis, the press focused on cranky-pants Muffet and her mustache-twirling foil. Geno was the lightening rod, and his players we able to almost completely avoid the fray. There is no part of me that thinks this was an accident. Geno must have loved that Muffet gave him that opening. And he seized it with gusto."

this was discussed in a thread at the time of the "incident" and at the end of the day, I believe that Bard has it right in that the reason why he swung and hit the ball (out of the park) that McGraw pitched was it gave him an opportunity to turn the attention from the players and on him...and her.

"While he might not give a [] what Notre Dame or Tennessee or Stanford fans (or coaches or players) think of him, he doesn’t say anything without knowing what’s going to happen after he says it. Geno’s the chess player who sees ten moves ahead. He’s the puppet master. He’s a genius."

Nuff said I think.

As for Troll or his trolling? Based upon this definition, I believe that Ms. Bard was speaking tongue in cheek.

Reaction Score
"Because look what happened. Instead of focusing on Breanna Stewart, Stephanie Dolson and Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis, the press focused on cranky-pants Muffet and her mustache-twirling foil. Geno was the lightening rod, and his players we able to almost completely avoid the fray. There is no part of me that thinks this was an accident. Geno must have loved that Muffet gave him that opening. And he seized it with gusto."

this was discussed in a thread at the time of the "incident" and at the end of the day, I believe that Bard has it right in that the reason why he swung and hit the ball (out of the park) that McGraw pitched was it gave him an opportunity to turn the attention from the players and on him...and her.

"While he might not give a [] what Notre Dame or Tennessee or Stanford fans (or coaches or players) think of him, he doesn’t say anything without knowing what’s going to happen after he says it. Geno’s the chess player who sees ten moves ahead. He’s the puppet master. He’s a genius."

Nuff said I think.

As for Troll or his trolling? Based upon this definition, I believe that Ms. Bard was speaking tongue in cheek.

I'm not sure what you mean by "tongue-in-cheek," but in this case, she's using "troll" to mean that Geno deliberately pushes people's buttons. Some of it certainly has a practical, basketball-related purpose, but a lot of it just because he likes screwing with people, especially people he thinks are stupid and/or obnoxious.

Reaction Score
In the front part, re. GA messing with people...
Ally: "He's been messing with my brain from as far back as I can remember...since I was 5? ...I don't think he thinks about it before he does it....The downside is everybody thinks he is a real a**hole."

Around 22:30-25:00, re. GA's recent controversial recruiting tweet...
Ally: "It was a really good joke, and nobody got the joke." "He doesn't recruit jerks...They're divas."
Mod: "What are their names?"
Ally: "Whatever you're thinking, you're probably right."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member