in case anyone else missed our new commit last week | The Boneyard

in case anyone else missed our new commit last week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I saw that after we got power back. Don't look now, but at least "on paper" we have the best recruiting class we ever had, to the best of my knowledge anyway. On ESPN Recruiting we have 9 three stars and 7 two stars, i'll take it!! If we could grab just one marquee 4 star, it could really create some hype over this class! Something we desperately need right now....

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Unfortunately it means nothing. Stars mean diddly, especially if their percieved talent is wasted by an hack offensive coordinator, who is encouraged by a floundering head coach.

Reaction Score
Looks like a decent recruit.

In regards to actual talent, stars and ranking don't amount to much. If it did, Miami, Texas and FSU would have a ton more national titles. However, in overall perception for recruits, it does mean a lot. It raises the profile of the school and makes it more attractive to perspective recruits.

Reaction Score
I'd take Edsall's 2 stars and a bowl game any day.
So would Maryland, wait what, they won't go bowling either? Two years in a row just like us?

I'm sick to my stomach about the state of OUR program right now, but the man left on his own, and hasn't exactly had resounding success at his new job while we flounder. I'm just hoping we turn it around if nit with some staff changes, then with whole new staff.

Reaction Score
So would Maryland, wait what, they won't go bowling either? Two years in a row just like us?

I'm sick to my stomach about the state of OUR program right now, but the man left on his own, and hasn't exactly had resounding success at his new job while we flounder. I'm just hoping we turn it around if nit with some staff changes, then with whole new staff.

You missed the point. I'm talking about what Edsall did here. If he has this group we probably go bowling last year and this year. While that is certainly debatable I like our chances.

Time to let go of that Edsall anger. While it certainly was a bonehead move the way he left, his positive work here, far exceeds his exit.

Reaction Score
I don't deny that. But what's the point? I'm sure UMD fans miss the fridge as well. We just have to move forward and hopefully move further than where we once were Edsall.

It is becoming increasingly clear that P ain't the one to get us there, but I don't see obsessing about a dude that decided UMD was better than what he had here.

Reaction Score
You might want to look up the meaning of obssession. I made one statement that meant you can keep PP's 3 star recruits because I'd rather be bowling with Randy's 2 star recruits. Simple statement.

Reaction Score
You might want to look up the meaning of obssession. I made one statement that meant you can keep PP's 3 star recruits because I'd rather be bowling with Randy's 2 star recruits. Simple statement.

Art I don't think you obsess, just that collectively we should worry about the problem on hand, P. I don't get the reminiscing at all. I'm hoping for better than what Edsall did here going forward and less than what Edsall accomplished should be grounds for firing after year three.

If P got canned after this year, I would not think it unfair. He has made us into a punchline in two years.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately it means nothing. Stars mean diddly, especially if their percieved talent is wasted by an hack offensive coordinator, who is encouraged by a floundering head coach.

Yeah,those pesky stars. Actually, I'd settled for following the SEC and Big 12 around and getting the first couple of kids they run out of scholarship for.

You are right about them being wasted with PP and GDL.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Welcome to the Dog Pound, Junior!!!

Reaction Score
The California Golden Bears have 3 4-star recruits and they will probably fire Tedford. Goes to show programs are usually above coaches. Going to the Fiesta Bowl has taken our recruiting to a whole new level. Pretty much tripled the number of 3-star recruits we are getting on a yearly basis. We are pretty much on the same level as Pitt and Syracuse. Have a better rated class than Boise State. Have to keep winning. Believe it or not, Rutgers is down-trending without Schiano.

Welcome, Junior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer