Important MOJO question | The Boneyard

Important MOJO question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
So my GF has some incredible mojo that so far spans multiple sports, but I'm not going to jinx it. Bottom line, we have been watching every game by ourselves and have basically changed nothing about our routine except we've switched between houses...
In 2011, I HAD to watch every game by myself as I have this year bc of the stress of each game. But that year I did that the first 5 games then went to a bar for the final.

This years mojo seems to unquestionably point to watching it alone as we have lately, then go out later for the celebration hopefully. Does anyone think going to a bar FOR the game is a direct obvious slap to the MOJO, without question, or is either option in line with the MOJO gods?

Reaction Score
Clearly. If you think it affects the mojo - IT DOES. Obviously you think it affects the mojo. You've answered your own question

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
You must put a positive spin on the MOJO. You are replicating what you did in 2011 by going to a bar, how can that be bad? I'm a believer that pooling the MOJO at a bar is never negative. It's like a MOJO amplifier. I'll be at the same bar I was at for the 2011 final, with the same people. But for Florida I went someplace different. It doesn't matter as long as it doesn't make you think negatively.

swami7774

I know things.
Reaction Score
Clearly. If you think it affects the mojo - IT DOES. Obviously you think it affects the mojo. You've answered your own question
This is known as Deepster's Maxim. Learn it. Love it. Live it.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
This is known as Deepster's Maxim. Learn it. Love it. Live it.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: best rule ever. Going to call it "Deepster's Maxim" from now on.

Reaction Score
I watched the St. Joe's game at the Boyne pub in Allston
Saw the Villanova game at my friend's place
Witnessed the Iowa State game at my apartment
Viewed the MSU game with my dad at Cask and Flagon
Observed the Florida game with friends on a ski trip in Killington, VT

I watched the first 5 games in 5 different locations, but tonight I think I have to watch it at my apartment again because I'll literally just be getting out of class.

I think this is terrible for the mojo.

Maybe if I watch it on the couch instead of in my room???????? PLEASE ADVISE, I THINK WE ARE DOOOOOOOOOOOOMED

Reaction Score
I'm not one to really buy into the mojo, per se, though I prefer not to wreck it because we're already doomed enough as it is. Plus Senhor Testiculo is just ridiculous and hilarious.

That being said, I think you could balance out the mojo with another act of mojo enhancing. Maybe if you only drink Rolling Rocks. Honestly, that's penance enough for most sins.

Reaction Score
I watched the St. Joe's game at the Boyne pub in Allston
Saw the Villanova game at my friend's place
Witnessed the Iowa State game at my apartment
Viewed the MSU game with my dad at Cask and Flagon
Observed the Florida game with friends on a ski trip in Killington, VT

I watched the first 5 games in 5 different locations, but tonight I think I have to watch it at my apartment again because I'll literally just be getting out of class.

I think this is terrible for the mojo.

Maybe if I watch it on the couch instead of in my room???????? PLEASE ADVISE, I THINK WE ARE DOOOOOOOOOOOOMED

Head to Greatest Bar. The only decision to be made

Reaction Score
If you stay home alone, I'd definitely convince her that a pre-game beej will help the team's chances.
Only if she provided pre-game beej for each game before. ( beej to you of course)

Reaction Score
The seats at the First Niagara Arena were kind of tight for my body (I'm 6'3", but really I'm 6'5" and weigh 265 pounds) for the first two games against St. Joseph's and Villanova, so I had to kind of bow my knees outward and cross my feet (right over my left) like I was on an airplane. I also crossed my right hand over my left. I started doing this when things got tight and uncomfortable late in the second half against St. Joe's (when the evening crowd started moving into the seats next to me). UConn has been doing nothing but winning since I started crossing. I also went to the games alone with an extra ticket since my Ohio State friend bagged out after the first game.

So now, wearing the same clothes, a UConn t-shirt and new logo sweatshirt, old logo hat, jeans and Asics, I sit alone in my house (family upstairs) watching from a chair (not a sofa, that's important, NOT a sofa), with right foot over left, right hand over left, my coke on the ground to my left, and I NEVER change the channel. I sit through commercials. I get up and walk away only during halftime. I am now locked in. There will be no changing this.

swami7774

I know things.
Reaction Score
The seats at the First Niagara Arena were kind of tight for my body (I'm 6'3", but really I'm 6'5" and weigh 265 pounds) for the first two games against St. Joseph's and Villanova, so I had to kind of bow my knees outward and cross my feet (right over my left) like I was on an airplane. I also crossed my right hand over my left. I started doing this when things got tight and uncomfortable late in the second half against St. Joe's (when the evening crowd started moving into the seats next to me). UConn has been doing nothing but winning since I started crossing. I also went to the games alone with an extra ticket since my Ohio State friend bagged out after the first game.

So now, wearing the same clothes, a UConn t-shirt and new logo sweatshirt, old logo hat, jeans and Asics, I sit alone in my house (family upstairs) watching from a chair (not a sofa, that's important, NOT a sofa), with right foot over left, right hand over left, my coke on the ground to my left, and I NEVER change the channel. I sit through commercials. I get up and walk away only during halftime. I am now locked in. There will be no changing this.
Admirable spirit, upstater. Well done. You get it.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Great replies fellas, I think I'll stick to the ole "scream at the TV while pounding red bull vodkas and chain smoking" plan, so far it's worked like a charm

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I have a water bottle that I drink from every game. I fill it up like 15 times a half. I sweat so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom