I'm More Convinced Than Ever: UConn & UVA to the B1G | Page 20 | The Boneyard

I'm More Convinced Than Ever: UConn & UVA to the B1G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I understand your points and I have no specific objections them taken one at a time. Things don't happen in a vacuum though. Are you suggesting the B1G would jeopardize their strong move into the Northeast by pursuing a risky wooing strategy in the Southeast (North Carolina)? That's what I'm objecting to, the idea that the B1G needn't follow a cogent expansion strategy. The B1G has significant unfinished business in the Northeast at the moment. A bi-regional B1G is difficult enough without adding significant risk in the form of a tri-regional strategy. Attempting entrée into the Southeast now puts both the Northeast and Southeast in jeopardy. What happens in New York if the ACC picks up UConn while the B1G is traipsing around the Carolinas? Forget whether UNC would choose to join the B1G in the foreseeable future, why would the B1G put the entire conference at risk with a Carolina strategy?

Does wining and dining the Carolinas, maybe Georgia too, plus Longhorn territory and its northern environs while you haven't even shored up your base make sense to you? I get where the people are but how do you get them in a way that makes sense?

I agree. The B1G does have unfinished business in the NE. And UConn is sitting there like a low hanging fruit for the ACC to pick off the tree, thus shoring up the NE for the ACC.

But what's the B1G going to do?

Absent raiding the SEC, the B1G has no one to pair with UConn right now. Is the B1G really going to be able to successfully raid the SEC? I'm not feeling it.

The B1G will probably have to negotiate its new TV contract with its current 14 members. Right now the rumor out there is that the new contract may be worth $44.5M per school beginning in 2017, presumably increasing each year thereafter because these TV contracts are always back-loaded.

If so, that will get the attention of B12 and ACC schools. If the B1G TV contract is large enough, I think it could be that some B12 and ACC schools might refuse to re-up when the GORs approach the time for renegotiation (around 2020). Taking into account all the variables I know of, I think the B12 is much more likely to re-fracture than is the ACC.

I argue that Kansas would very probably be one of those schools that would refuse to re-up. I then argue that Kansas could peel off Oklahoma, Oklahoma could peel off Texas, and "hello Connecticut, welcome to the B1G" since UConn caps off the northern end of the NE Corridor and has no GOR to deal with. A league of 18 is viable, schedule-wise.

I just don't see how you can get there today, however, since the GORs have all the schools in the B12 and the ACC tied up for awhile.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I agree. The B1G does have unfinished business in the NE. And UConn is sitting there as a low hanging fruit for the ACC to pick off the tree, thus shoring up the NE for the ACC.

But what's the B1G going to do?

Absent raiding the SEC, the B1G has no one to pair with UConn right now. Is the B1G really going to be able to successfully raid the SEC? I'm not feeling it.

The B1G will probably have to negotiate its new TV contract with its current 14 members. Right now the rumor out there is that the new contract may be worth $44.5M per school beginning in 2017, presumably increasing each year thereafter because these TV contracts are always back-loaded.

If so, that will get the attention of B12 and ACC schools. If the B1G TV contract is large enough, I think it could be that some B12 and ACC schools might refuse to re-up when the GORs approach the time for renegotiation.

I argue that Kansas would very probably be one of those schools. I then argue that Kansas could peel off Oklahoma, Oklahoma could peel off Texas, and "hello Connecticut, welcome to the B1G" since UConn caps off the northern end of the NE Corridor and has no GOR to deal with.

I just don't see how you can get there today, however, since the GORs have all the schools in the B12 and the ACC tied up for awhile.
What's wrong with 15 teams? I realize it may not be ideal but, seriously, is it worse than losing UConn to the ACC?

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
I understand your points and I have no specific objections them taken one at a time. Things don't happen in a vacuum though. Are you suggesting the B1G would jeopardize their strong move into the Northeast by pursuing a risky wooing strategy in the Southeast (North Carolina)? That's what I'm objecting to, the idea that the B1G needn't follow a cogent expansion strategy. The B1G has significant unfinished business in the Northeast at the moment. A bi-regional B1G is difficult enough without adding significant risk in the form of a tri-regional strategy. Attempting entrée into the Southeast now puts both the Northeast and Southeast in jeopardy. What happens in New York if the ACC picks up UConn while the B1G is traipsing around the Carolinas? Forget whether UNC would choose to join the B1G in the foreseeable future, why would the B1G put the entire conference at risk with a Carolina strategy?

Does wining and dining the Carolinas, maybe Georgia too, plus Longhorn territory and its northern environs while you haven't even shored up your base make sense to you? I get where the people are but how do you get them in a way that makes sense?

You just answered your own question. These moves aren't made in a vacuum. If you take UNC and Virginia, along with the previous addition of UMD, you will have cut the heart out of The ACC. in the process, you will have taken two very valuable properties. Cutting The ACC in half (my guess is that VTU, and possibly NCST would be headed straight for The SEC), you leave three schools (Pitt, 'Cuse, and BC) hanging by with the closest schools being Lousville, WF, and Duke. The power shifts from Tobacco Road to Florida further alienating those three. The ACC presence in the NE becomes marginalized even if UConn is admitted. Remember, The BTN already has coverage in The NYC market (we don't what it entails, of course). This is assuming that The Big10 stops at 16. If they go to 20, The ACC would be carved up by both The Big10 and The SEC with The Big12 and AAC picking up the scraps. In that case, all bets are off.

Again, do I think UNC is eventually going to be part of The Big10? Probably not. Stranger things have happened, though.

Reaction Score
Shouldn't we consider the degree that a given school wants to be in the Big Ten? I understand that there is not a practical business model for Akron or Wayne State, but to use a relevant model for two, known candidates, UConn and UNC. Both are state flagships and public research universities. UNC is in the AAU, but UConn's academics stand well with many that reside there.

When one thinks of the potential resistance to a Northern conference in Chapel Hill, and contrasts this the seeming sentiment of acceptance from UConn, GOR aside, how is UNC a serious long-term consideration? I think that the revenue metrics have to work, but we should remember that 4 teams left the Big 12 for reasons besides money. Under the surface, in the long term, conferences tend to rise or fall on the relations between the members.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Shouldn't we consider the degree that a given school wants to be in the Big Ten? I understand that there is not a practical business model for Akron or Wayne State, but to use a relevant model for two, known candidates, UConn and UNC. Both are state flagships and public research universities. UNC is in the AAU, but UConn's academics stand well with many that reside there.

When one thinks of the potential resistance to a Northern conference in Chapel Hill, and contrasts this the seeming sentiment of acceptance from UConn, GOR aside, how is UNC a serious long-term consideration? I think that the revenue metrics have to work, but we should remember that 4 teams left the Big 12 for reasons besides money. Under the surface, in the long term, conferences tend to rise or fall on the relations between the members.

Absolutely. This is all fantasy anyways. Like playing risk. The strategy in my feeble brain is what makes it fun!

Reaction Score
Where have ya been P&L?

What have the other non-B1G boards been saying about UConn, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, etc.?

Reaction Score
What's wrong with 15 teams? I realize it may not be ideal but, seriously, is it worse than losing UConn to the ACC?

Well, 15 is a scheduling nightmare -- even worse than a league of 14. Ideally, you want league cohesion. You don't want to feel like you're part of 2 separate leagues. Leagues of 16 and 20, being divisible by 4, give you the cohesion you seek if you break into pods. Not 15.

If you're going to add somebody at 11 (like the B1G did with PSU), or at 15 (sort of like the ACC did with ND), then that odd number addition better be a grand slam (to mix sports metaphors). UConn is definitely a home run. But, unlike PSU or ND, UConn probably is not viewed as a grand slam by either the B1G or the ACC. [Please note: This is totally a guess on my part -- I'm not privy to the B1G's thinking or the ACC's thinking.]

But your point in well-taken. After all, for all intents and purposes the ACC is more or less at 15 right now with ND playing 5 ACC games per year. I guess we'll see how that works out for them over the next several years. If the B1G continues to dither, maybe the B1G will lose UConn to the ACC, especially if ND pulled a shocker and joined the ACC "all in".

Still, UConn is available right now. Hopefully for UConn, either the B1G or the ACC extends an invitation in the near future. But if the B1G and the ACC is looking at UConn only in the context of pairing with another school (somewhat similar to the way TCU was added to the B12), then from a UConn perspective, does a B12 addition or does an ACC addition make it more or less probable for the B1G to extend a UConn invitation?

I argue upthread that a B12 addition enhances a UConn invitation to the B1G, while an ACC addition decreases that probability. This is, of course, just my reading of the tea leaves.

Reaction Score
Because of football, UConn will never, never, never be considered a grand slam. I do think that with this year's men's basketball title, the recent national perception of UConn changed in our favor. In terms of expansion, it simply makes no sense at all for the Big10 to stop its eastward push at Rutgers. UConn captures more of NYC and is gateway to Boston. My contention all along is that when Rutgers was invited, that all but made UConn a done deal. To me, Rutgers alone does very little. To me, it was either both Rutgers and UConn or neither.

Reaction Score
This thread is great. So much dumb, so much great insight and thoughtful posting, and yet, so much lunacy. Representative of CR in general, I suppose.

Only one post I want to respond to;

1) That wasn't me that said anything about UNC.

2) Says a Purdue fan? Irony.

1. I didn't mention your handle at all in my post. You aren't the only NDerp that posts here.

2. Purdue FAN?? I was a Purdue fan when I was 12 years old. I am an Alumnus of Purdue University.

Also, I know Purdue is irrelevant in CFB right now, and is historically middle of the B1G pack. I don't really care. My love and loyalty for Purdue are not affected by the football teams performance (it is sometimes affected by the BBall teams performance, tho). I have an Engineering degree from one of the greatest Engineering schools in the history of mankind, and spent some of the greatest years of my life living in West Lafayette. Since most ND fans are sidewalk t-shirt alums and Hoosier hicks, I can kindof understand why this might be a hard concept for you to grasp.

As has been mentioned, if it weren't for the B1G rejecting ND way back when you wouldn't have the Independent identity you hold so near and dear today. You Domers should absolutely LOVE the B1G! U of Michigan taught your school the game of football in 1887, and the B1G gave you your Independence. If we had let you in, you'd be just another BUG. The Big Ten has given you everything you are, everything you were, and everything you will ever be. and you're not even a member.

I do love me some CR/expansion talk, and I grew up in the heart of the B1G (with PSU alum Dad). I wanna wear this thread like a hat!

BTW - if it weren't for Purdue, and the leadership of Purdue's President in 1895, this message board/forum may not even exist.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Oh yeah, this post too. For some reason it made me laugh and chuckle heartily...

Note that I never use such a term, although I always state "Big Ten" instead of that recent "B1G" attempt at rebranding by that conference. Likewise, I never call that school in Los Angeles by the name "USC". I always use the traditional "Southern Cal", but I never use some sort of disparaging moniker when discussing schools/conferences.

Internetz >>>>>>>>>>> SERIOUS BUSINESS.

Reaction Score
Insightful distinction between a FANatic and an alumnus. Good point.

If Purdue's president hadn't thought up the idea of an Athletic conference with actual eligibility rules, I'm sure someone would have, eventually. In fact, maybe we need to take a look at those original rules and reinvent college athletics.

Reaction Score

Absolutely I think the Big Ten leadership should consider the degree that a given school wants to be in the Big Ten. The longevity and success of the Big Ten as a conference is built upon the foundation of the schools being an academic and cultural fit with one another and having a desire to collaborate and move forward together. Aside from being a state flagship public research university with access to NYC and athletic success, I see UConn distinguishing itself as a candidate Big Ten university as well for the exact reason you indicated: a desire to be in the Big Ten. I am certain that UConn, if accepted for Big Ten membership, would absolutely embrace collaboration with their fellow conference members and proclaim with pride their membership in the conference. I want to see this university join the Big Ten and not a university that would forever lament leaving their former conference.

Reaction Score
XOVERX does make one really compelling point that stands out... while Virginia and/or UNC might ultimately be the Big Ten's bigger target(s), Kansas might be the more suitable partner that gets UConn into the Big Ten without issue.

If one accepts that UVA only leaves the ACC with UNC, then partnering the two might leave UConn without a spot. One could assume they wind up in the ACC, but if UVA and UNC leave, the ACC will be obliterated by the Big Ten, SEC and Big 12. On the other hand, Kansas might actually be willing to entertain the offer without condition and would make a perfect pair for UConn. Plus, that could unseat the Big 12 and if the B1G has any hope of landing Oklahoma/Texas, that would be the scenario in which it happens.

I've stated all along I believe UVA and UNC are interested in the Big Ten. I also believe UNC would not leave unless others left first. I don't feel as strongly about Virginia not doing that, but I also think they'd be reluctant to leave without UNC coming right behind. So yes, it's certainly possible this is UConn's biggest obstacle. Kansas might alleviate that problem, even though going that route might smother the Big Ten's hopes of going further south in the Mid-Atlantic.

Reaction Score
XOVERX does make one really compelling point that stands out... while Virginia and/or UNC might ultimately be the Big Ten's bigger target(s), Kansas might be the more suitable partner that gets UConn into the Big Ten without issue.

If one accepts that UVA only leaves the ACC with UNC, then partnering the two might leave UConn without a spot. One could assume they wind up in the ACC, but if UVA and UNC leave, the ACC will be obliterated by the Big Ten, SEC and Big 12. On the other hand, Kansas might actually be willing to entertain the offer without condition and would make a perfect pair for UConn. Plus, that could unseat the Big 12 and if the B1G has any hope of landing Oklahoma/Texas, that would be the scenario in which it happens.
I've stated all along I believe UVA and UNC are interested in the Big Ten. I also believe UNC would not leave unless others left first. I don't feel as strongly about Virginia not doing that, but I also think they'd be reluctant to leave without UNC coming right behind. So yes, it's certainly possible this is UConn's biggest obstacle. Kansas might alleviate that problem, even though going that route might smother the Big Ten's hopes of going further south in the Mid-Atlantic.

Under any of these circumstances, I think the Big10 would then push for 18 schools. I think the real question that needs to be answered is who will partner with UConn. By adding Rutgers, the Big10 is making a public push for a Northeast footprint that has to include UConn. Logistically, that leaves the Big 10 at 15. Clearly, UVA would be the top choice and together with phase 1 (Rutgers and MD) would become the "grand slam" the BTN was looking for-Chicago, NYC, DC, parts of Boston!!!! Kansas is probably a distant second choice. I can't under any realistic circumstance see UNC coming North.

Reaction Score
Another aspect that is being completely overlooked in all of this is branding/content. Away from demographics and tv sets, one can argue the Big10 has a lot to lose by not adding UConn. Outside of Ohio State and Wisconsin, for some time now Big 10 football has been average at best and extremely top heavy. With or without UConn, this will most likely continue. Clearly, what UConn can bring is elite basketball. Coupled with Kansas, the Big 10 would become the premiere hoops league. I realize this isn't as important as football, it should be a close second. Over the long-term, the BTN can ill afford to be average at both.

Reaction Score
Under any of these circumstances, I think the Big10 would then push for 18 schools. I think the real question that needs to be answered is who will partner with UConn. By adding Rutgers, the Big10 is making a public push for a Northeast footprint that has to include UConn. Logistically, that leaves the Big 10 at 15. Clearly, UVA would be the top choice and together with phase 1 (Rutgers and MD) would become the "grand slam" the BTN was looking for-Chicago, NYC, DC, parts of Boston!!!! Kansas is probably a distant second choice. I can't under any realistic circumstance see UNC coming North.

If Virginia, Florida State, etc. started leaving the ACC, the Big Ten would have as good a shot at getting UNC as anyone. While their fans do tend to prefer the SEC, their administration and the folks up in the board of regents tend to favor the Big Ten by the sound of things. It won't be a guarantee, but getting UVA might be the key to getting UNC. And, as even UVA fans have said, there's no way UVA would go to the SEC.

But again, there's no doubt that UNC is only possible if other things happen first. I suppose we could debate the feasibility of UVA leaving first until we're Carolina Blue in the face, but the point I'm making is that while Virginia would be the first choice of a partner for UConn, Kansas might be the more readily attainable option.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
When you are predicting the demise of the ACC just remember you are betting against the most financially powerful media entity in human history.

As other leagues have spread content around it's going to be increasingly difficult to tell where ESPN starts and the ACC ends.

Reaction Score
When you are predicting the demise of the ACC just remember you are betting against the most financially powerful media entity in human history.

As other leagues have spread content around it's going to be increasingly difficult to tell where ESPN starts and the ACC ends.

Yes. I think if launching an ACC network shows to be a money-losing proposition (for ESPN), that ESPN will then either: a) launch the network anyway as a conduit to increase ACC revenue, or b) increase ACC payments (without a network) "just because".

... because with Fox getting more and more of the Big 12, Pac-12, and Big Ten, ESPN is NOT going to cede UVa, UNC, Duke, and Florida State quietly. (And although ESPN also owns all of SEC [save Tier 3], I think the gains to the SEC [for ESPN] for adding these schools are "minimal" compared to the devastation to the ACC [and for ESPN] if the ACC loses these schools.)

Live by the sword, (perhaps eventually) die by the sword. The ACC and ESPN.

ADDENDUM: Or does ESPN own the entire SEC package now? Is the forthcoming ESPN/SEC Network comprised of "Tier 2" and/or "Tier 3"? In the past, SEC schools had non-ESPN games as Tier 3 "pay per view" (which would show up on Game Plan for out-of-area Game Plan subscribers), and those games may be headed for ESPN/SEC Network now; I am not sure.

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yes. I think if launching an ACC network shows to be a money-losing proposition (for ESPN), that ESPN will then either: a) launch the network anyway as a conduit to increase ACC revenue, or b) increase ACC payments (without a network) "just because".

... because with Fox getting more and more of the Big 12, Pac-12, and Big Ten, ESPN is NOT going to cede UVa, UNC, Duke, and Florida State quietly. (And although ESPN also owns all of SEC [save Tier 3], I think the gains to the SEC [for ESPN] for adding these schools is minimal compared to the devastation to the ACC [and for ESPN] if the ACC loses these schools.)

Live by the sword, (perhaps eventually) die by the sword. The ACC and ESPN.

I don't think they've got enough for a network.

It's their house network for the flagship. They will figure if out. I really don't think any of them want to leave.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I'm guessing that Swofford's posturing over the ACC Network was just that - it sounds good and it helped keep the more fractious members from jumping.

But it has to be a tough sell for ESPN.

They would have to go through the expensive of setting up, staffing and running a new network for content they have already paid for. Perhaps worse, they would have to try to sell this network in markets that are or will already be dominated by ESPN's SEC Network and/or the Big Ten Network.

They're bringing an expensive knife to a gun fight there.

So if in ten years, the SEC and the Big Ten continue to zoom away from the other conferences and the ACC continues to lag the Pac 12 and Big 12, maybe you see the two markets that really have some value, NC and Va, start to look at a move south.

In a few years, the ACC content will look like a bargain and backfilling some vacancies might not be that big of a deal compared to the cash generated by adding some big markets to their SEC network.

Reaction Score
So if in ten years, the SEC and the Big Ten continue to zoom away from the other conferences and the ACC continues to lag the Pac 12 and Big 12, maybe you see the two markets that really have some value, NC and Va, start to look at a move south.

VPI and NCSU would be sufficient to give the SEC the NC and Va markets -- as well as a more "SEC-compatible" atmosphere than their in-state superiors. But as FranktheTank has long asserted -- and the recent GoR does corroborate -- the ACC is stronger and more unified than SEC, Big Ten, and Big 12 *fans* like to admit. We'll all just wait to see what happens in the early 2020s, but "ACC destruction" talk before then is not based in logic.

Reaction Score
I don't think they've got enough for a network.

It's their house network for the flagship. They will figure if out. I really don't think any of them want to leave.

I think you have nailed it. Right now, none of the ACC teams want to leave. That's pretty apparent. For the visting BiG fans who claim with a straight face that UMD was selected ahead of UNC or UVA, I don't know what to say. IMO, UMD was selected AFTER discussions with UVA and UNC likely went nowehere.

Now, to Fishy's point, I think he is right. If over the years a sizable revenue gap grows between conferences, you may very well see movement, especially as the GORs come close to expiration (and, to the Kyleslamb's of the world, sorry, but in the interim I think the GORs have a lot more teeth than you think).

I do think that a lot can and will happen over the next ten years. Will conferece networks deliver the revenues that are projected? What about their profitability vs. expenses? What about the impact of technology? Will "cord cutting" accelerate? What will the next round of media deals look like? - Both in the near term and the next 10 years? IMO, anybody who thinks the long-term projections bandied about in these threads are guaranteed remind me of the nitwits (my opinion) who were touting the infallibility of SIVs in 2006 - prior to the real estate collapse that none of these same people saw coming - mostly, IMO, becasue their agendas blinded them to this very realistic possibility.

Reaction Score
VPI and NCSU would be sufficient to give the SEC the NC and Va markets -- as well as a more "SEC-compatible" atmosphere than their in-state superiors. But as FranktheTank has long asserted -- and the recent GoR does corroborate -- the ACC is stronger and more unified than SEC, Big Ten, and Big 12 *fans* like to admit. We'll all just wait to see what happens in the early 2020s, but "ACC destruction" talk before then is not based in logic.

For the record, I am not necessarily prophesying doom for the ACC. However, all it would take for the league to fall apart is one influential member to decide to join another league, and you'd see all sorts of panic all over again.

Is the ACC more together than it was 18 months ago? Yes. No one denies that. But it just takes one school...

Reaction Score
I think you have nailed it. Right now, none of the ACC teams want to leave. That's pretty apparent. For the visting BiG fans who claim with a straight face that UMD was selected ahead of UNC or UVA, I don't know what to say. IMO, UMD was selected AFTER discussions with UVA and UNC likely went nowehere.

Quite simply, you're wrong. Sometimes you think, sometimes you know.

The negotiations with Maryland had nothing to do with Virginia/UNC's interest or perceived lack thereof. They wanted Maryland on their own merits and because they were already contiguous to the Big Ten footprint. That's a fact. NYC/DC television markets... why is that so hard for you to grasp? They REALLY wanted those.

Spin it however you want, but just know you're incorrect in doing so.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Another aspect that is being completely overlooked in all of this is branding/content. Away from demographics and tv sets, one can argue the Big10 has a lot to lose by not adding UConn. Outside of Ohio State and Wisconsin, for some time now Big 10 football has been average at best and extremely top heavy. With or without UConn, this will most likely continue. Clearly, what UConn can bring is elite basketball. Coupled with Kansas, the Big 10 would become the premiere hoops league. I realize this isn't as important as football, it should be a close second. Over the long-term, the BTN can ill afford to be average at both.

Oh please.

The B1G hasn't won a (FBall/BBall) Natty in 10+ years and in that time started the first ((and highly successful)) Conf TV Network (with only 11 schools, mind you), still makes the most money, and is arguably the most powerful.

History, iconic programs, largest FBall stadiums packed every wknd win or lose, largest fanbases with undying loyalties, none of this will change bc of some football mediocrity. The B1G are all monster schools. MICH, OSU, PSU, NEB, MSU, Wiscobiscuits are still a better top half than any other Conf save the SEC, and the B1G has the second most BCS Bowl wins overall.

FBall and BBall are just fine. Name a Conf with more schools who are consistently GREAT in both FBall & BBall?? The SEC has FL, that's it. ACC - Can't think of one. BXII - Texas? PAC - Stanford, UCLA? B1G has; OSU, MSU, MICH, Wisco. All four great in both, all the time. Add IU, ILL, PUR, and IA (and now Maryland) to those four and you have eight (9) schools with long-time BBall success.

Balanced, baby, BALANCED.

My problem with the B1G going to 16 is that the move will de-stabilize either the BXII or the ACC, so much so that I then see the B1G ballooning to 18 or 20, and I really don't want that. The two scenarios to 16 that are most mentioned (and how IMO Delany and the B1G Pres would rank them) are;

#1. UNC & UVA
#2. UCONN & KAN

If UNC/UVA happens (which is a crazy long-shot IMO) then who knows?? ND would possibly need a home, UCONN still available. I definitely see B1G going to at least 18 in this scenario. However, outside of UNC/UVA I don't think B1G has interest in any other members of the ACC. ND for sure, maybe Duke? GT?? (naaaah...) > UCONN?? It would be the end of the ACC with the SEC taking NCST and VT, the rest, who knows.

UCONN/KU happens, then do TX and OU follow after?? UCONN, KU, OU, TX = 18?? From a strictly Athletics perspective, this would be the most powerful move. Two elite BBall, two elite FBall. Again, the end of the BXII.

I was fine going to 12 with NEB, all this is a little maddening. At heart, I'm a B1G purist.

Of course, this is all speculation and random thoughts, but that's what this board is for, right?!?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69