I'm done | The Boneyard

I'm done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not watching another minute of UConn college football until there is a change. I'll watch all the college basketball I can, all the 'Bama,ND! Oregon an KSTATE I can, but this program is unbearably bad

Reaction Score
Not watching another minute of UConn college football until there is a change. I'll watch all the college basketball I can, all the 'Bama,ND! Oregon an KSTATE I can, but this program is unbearably bad
I hear you....I will still beat myself up and watch though. It's gotten easier....now that a loss is assumed at the outset, it is less devestating when it happens 3.25 hours later. I can rebound more quickly and enjoy other games. It would be much harder to keep watching if we were better, and only fielding what could be classified as a "bad" offense. Sheer ineptitude takes the drama out of the losses.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
I hear you....I will still beat myself up and watch though. It's gotten easier....now that a loss is assumed at the outset, it is less devestating when it happens 3.25 hours later. I can rebound more quickly and enjoy other games. It would be much harder to keep watching if we were better, and only fielding what could be classified as a "bad" offense. Sheer ineptitude takes the drama out of the losses.

*This. Exactly.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
So weak.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Just horrible...no other way to describe it

Reaction Score
I am well past anger. I just am simply amazed at how poorly this team plays week over week. We have good quality players. This is squarely a failure of coaching in every facet from preparation, schemed, game planning, in game adjustments, discipline and most of all, leadership.

There is nothing left to say or do until the incompetent a$$es in Storrs wake up and decide they want competitive football. This is a total abortion.

Reaction Score
The good news is that it was a very quick game so 3.25 hours of pain was more like 2.75 hours. Always look on the bright side of life

Reaction Score
I'm hopping back on their bandwagon after tonight. It can't possibly get any worse than it has been so the upside is limitless now.

It can't get worse can it?

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
love all the bandwagon jumpers around here

too late, no room left for anyone that hung on for this long

Reaction Score
I was hoping the game would end quickly so I could watch the Oregon-USC and Bama-LSU games.

Reaction Score
its crazy when you see the schedule and you automatic write loss.. when randy was here there was still hope we would win. i remember we would play hard only team we we never really had a chance was wvu. i remember kelly was still in cinci and they had that potent offense we went down there i think they scored 45 on us we scored 42. we played hard even on our bad years, now theres nothing to look forward to

Reaction Score
its crazy when you see the schedule and you automatic write loss.. when randy was here there was still hope we would win. i remember we would play hard only team we we never really had a chance was wvu. i remember kelly was still in cinci and they had that potent offense we went down there i think they scored 45 on us we scored 42. we played hard even on our bad years, now theres nothing to look forward to
yeah we were losing at cincy 30-10 at halftime in 2009, and damn near came back and won. Then went to ND and won two weeks later. Those were the days.

Reaction Score
you know not saying randy was great coach to me he was solid we did accomplished a lot with him, now with a good hungry coach whats the limit? look at cinci now look at us.. if MW doesnt fire PP he too should go

Reaction Score
The good news is that it was a very quick game so 3.25 hours of pain was more like 2.75 hours. Always look on the bright side of life

It was indeed a quick one... They started the plays right after the punts and kickoffs without going to commercial in between. Then on the Pass Interference calls against USF late in the game I never so back to back "Pass Interference... the ball will be spotted at the spot of the foul... FIRST DOWN Connecticut" called before. Weren't those automatic 15 yarders? And, even worse, the announcers. The had NOTHING to really say about UCONN. It was like listening to a ND game on NBC... USF was ND... reeediculous....

I thought, with the things mentioned above, that it made UCONN Football look like a total embarrassment to FBS football.

Whitmer, IMO, has solidified our QB position, but our OL, and RB depth, is atrocious... without that you can throw the ball all you want, eventually the INT will happen, as seen at the end of the game...

Unfortunately, Coach P does deserve a 3rd year to prove himself. That's all though. If we end up like this next year ( boring, boring, boring, boring, boring on offense.. to the point where they pulled the crap that did to the UCONN program tonite ), his bags should be packed by week 9 the latest... It would be hard to justify keeping him.. He'll be at retirement age then too...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Its 15 yards if the penalty is more than
15 yards downfield. If the penalty is less than 15 yards downfield it's a spot foul.

temery

What?
Reaction Score

Ah, the "farewell speech". I didn't expect one of these until the men's basketball team lost a game.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, Coach P does deserve a 3rd year to prove himself. That's all though. If we end up like this next year ( boring, boring, boring, boring, boring on offense.. to the point where they pulled the crap that did to the UCONN program tonite ), his bags should be packed by week 9 the latest... It would be hard to justify keeping him.. He'll be at retirement age then too...

This team has not showing any improvement, game after game it gets worst.. why would we want this man back 3 losing season in a row is crazy.. plus the losing seasons he had at syracuse before getting fired... why keep him? why?

Reaction Score

So weak.

No! Weak is accepting this *. this program owes the fans and the State of Connecticut better representation. PP was a cheap hire and a bad hire. Make him gone whatever the cost.

Reaction Score
No! Weak is accepting this *. this program owes the fans and the State of Connecticut better representation. PP was a cheap hire and a bad hire. Make him gone whatever the cost.
Let me first say I want Coach P and his crew gone as much as the next guy and I don't think that anyone can honestly make a defense for this coaching staff to stay on. But what's weak is the fair weather fans that plague this board. A true fan can be pissed at the coaching staff and stand by this team through thick and thin. Frankly anyone who says they're going to abandon the program until a change is made is no better than Burton or whoever the rich idiot was that threatened to stop donations unless a change was made. To me those types of fans are disgraceful to this team, school and state and I bid them farewell with the hope they stay away for good.

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
No one said we have to accept the coach. But supporting the program is a must to help convince recruits to commit to UConn. You think recruits want to see an empty stadium? PP's record is what will get him fired.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I'm going to the bball game tm

How many losses before you don't?

Funny thing is, I've been to more men's basketball games when they sucked, than when they were top 25. Mostly because those are the games I can afford to see. But it didn't matter - I wasn't there because the team was good. I was there because I was a uconn fan, regardless.

I get your attitude, and my guess is you are just venting. You'll be back.

Reaction Score
I was done before this game. I won't watch another football game until PP is gone, because we have no chance of winning until that point.

Reaction Score
Let me first say I want Coach P and his crew gone as much as the next guy and I don't think that anyone can honestly make a defense for this coaching staff to stay on. But what's weak is the fair weather fans that plague this board. A true fan can be pissed at the coaching staff and stand by this team through thick and thin. Frankly anyone who says they're going to abandon the program until a change is made is no better than Burton or whoever the rich idiot was that threatened to stop donations unless a change was made. To me those types of fans are disgraceful to this team, school and state and I bid them farewell with the hope they stay away for good.

ahem not much cerveza can tell me you out your mind.. burton gives, gave out more than you would would and 1,000 fans would at once. please dont be silly

Reaction Score
Pride, where are the untapped season ticket holders in CT going to come from to make up for the 2-3K plus (like me) who are not going to buy season tickets until P is gone? There are many of us who won't stop giving to UConn, just redirect the money because we don't want to subsidize and give a lifeline to someone who shouldn't have gotten the job in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom