If you're Warde Manuel, do you open '13 season at Columbus? | The Boneyard

If you're Warde Manuel, do you open '13 season at Columbus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
as of now UConn skedded to host Towson in opener at home 8/29, then open date, then Md. and Mich come to Rent on back to back Saturdays. Would be a killer schedule, no question, but kind BE teams will have to play to be taken seriously. And going to OSU would be some serious $$$$$$$

Reaction Score
Anywhere else I would say yes except for at Ohio St, at Bama, at LSU, or at USC. UConn doesn't need to get embarrassed for a couple years. Anywhere else I think we can hang.

Reaction Score
Can't run with the big boys if you don't play the big boys. Rather play them in 2013 than this year (not venturing into a discussion on home/home)

Here's what I see so far...

Thursday
08/29/13 Towson Tigers Rentschler Field, East Hartford, CT
Saturday
09/07/13 --- Open Date
Saturday
09/14/13 Maryland Terrapins Rentschler Field, East Hartford, CT
Saturday
09/21/13 Michigan Wolverines Rentschler Field, East Hartford, CT
Saturday
09/28/13 at Buffalo Bulls UB Stadium, Buffalo, NY
Big East home games: Louisville, Rutgers, Syracuse, USF
Big East road games: Cincinnati, Pittsburgh

Don't know how new teams factor in to future schedule (assuming Temple, UCF, ?Memphis). We have to see what they do w/ Houston, SMU. Boise and SDSU. Navy doesnt come till 2015

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Talk to vandy and get them to drop tosu. The call tosu and go play them next year. Get them at the rent down the line as a return game. Then see if they want to do nyc one year only special thing. Give them a bunch of bball games and . Then call vandy and say thanks but nevermind. Then call michigan and tell them about tosu in nyc and get them on tap for the same thing but earlier. As in 2015.

Reaction Score
Beating them and Michigan in the same year would be a heck of a statement.

Next year's home schedule is outstanding. Hopefully Syracuse gets replaced by Houston, SMU or Boise. Our first year in the new Big East coincides with easily our best home schedule ever. Not even the worst hater of the new Big East could deny it. Nobody will be missing Cuse or Pitt next year.

Will we sell out the season before it starts?

Reaction Score
On further review going to Horseshoe to start '13 not the way to keep good relations with Mich AD who is coming here three weeks later under duress and probably only because Mr. Manuel is a Michigan Man. Bad idea (like starting a post and getting into an argument with yourself).

Reaction Score
On further review going to Horseshoe to start '13 not the way to keep good relations with Mich AD who is coming here three weeks later under duress and probably only because Mr. Manuel is a Michigan Man. Bad idea (like starting a post and getting into an argument with yourself).

What does one have to do with the other?

Reaction Score
Thinking that doing business w/OSU wouldn't go over well in Ann Arbor and could hinder future deals. Just a thought

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Nope. It would dilute the impact of the UM game.

Reaction Score
Thinking that doing business w/OSU wouldn't go over well in Ann Arbor and could hinder future deals. Just a thought
I'm calling BULL$HIT on that notion. They're both members of the Big Ten. Just because they are archrivals doesn't have any bearing on UConn scheduling either of them. If Vandy bolts, UConn is doing tOSU a favor. It's almost a gesture of good will on UConn's part.

Reaction Score
I kind of agree with you. It would dilute the impact if we win against UM and lose at OSU.

What would the perception be if we beat both...? We're we stand as a program/conference, we can't start to become risk adverse. I'm not advocating reckless scheduling bu we have to take opportunities when they present themselves (and I'm not sure the initial premise is actually in play).

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Can't run with the big boys if you don't play the big boys. Rather play them in 2013 than this year (not venturing into a discussion on home/home)

Here's what I see so far...

Thursday
08/29/13 Towson Tigers Rentschler Field, East Hartford, CT
Saturday
09/07/13 --- Open Date
Saturday
09/14/13 Maryland Terrapins Rentschler Field, East Hartford, CT
Saturday
09/21/13 Michigan Wolverines Rentschler Field, East Hartford, CT
Saturday
09/28/13 at Buffalo Bulls UB Stadium, Buffalo, NY
Big East home games: Louisville, Rutgers, Syracuse, USF
Big East road games: Cincinnati, Pittsburgh

Don't know how new teams factor in to future schedule (assuming Temple, UCF, ?Memphis). We have to see what they do w/ Houston, SMU. Boise and SDSU. Navy doesnt come till 2015

You can remove Syracuse and Pitt from that list as well as this is their last BE season

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
You can remove Syracuse and Pitt from that list as well as this is their last BE season

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Ummm - they ARE stricken out?

Reaction Score
You won't see Ohio St on the schedule till at least 2015 and besides, we're not ready for that kind of non conference schedule just yet. Remember, we have Boise St, Houston and one to be determined yet coming into the league. I know the Huskies have to step up to the plate against the big boys if they want to be considered a legit top 25 program but I seriously doubt it will be next year.

Reaction Score
The endless series against SUNY Buffalo has to stop. If we can't find anyone else, just schedule UMass. Hope WM won't have a soft spot for them.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Next year looks like the kind of schedule we need. 3 winnable OOC games, 2 marketable home OOC games, 1 program defining upset bid and the BE home games. Perfect balance of winnable games for bowl eligibility and a shot to show we can play at the top level. No need to torpedo a season to get an extra top ten team on the schedule, unless of course we're a top ten team looking for playoff cred.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
No, you don't open 2013 in Columbus. We have a dynamite schedule already. We should be working on two options with BCS schools - one is home & home, the other is one-time neutral site games, specifically Yankee Stadium or Giants Stadium. We should also look to schedule UMass home and Foxboro, 4 game deal.

Reaction Score
Only if it's part of a 4 game deal with 2 at the Shoe, 1 at the Rent, and one at a neutral site (Meadowlands or Yankee Stadium) where we get majority of the tickets. Then you do it. While youre at it, work on another game with Michigan, a neutral site deal at Meadowlands or Yankee Stadium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom