IF YOU PLAY THEM THEY WILL WIN! PERSPECTIVE | The Boneyard

IF YOU PLAY THEM THEY WILL WIN! PERSPECTIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Great article by Chris Elsberry, CT POST about all the young players that got some valuable game experience against a terrific BYU team. Twenty players played in their first game. 8 true freshmen, 12 RS freshmen and 2 RS sophomores. Diaco is building a foundation. I know it's frustrating after going through the PP years but all of us (me too) need to exercise a little patience.

I posted on aug 10th how tough it was going to be to contain Taysom Hill. The coaches are building for the future. Like many have posted, 6-6 and a bowl game will be great but if we don't get there I am confident that UCONN is on the right path.

Guys don't stress over 1 game. We are going to remember this season as the start of the new winning era in football for the UCONN HUSKIES!

http://www.ctpost.com/uconn/article/UConn-notebook-Diaco-relies-on-youth-in-season-5724078.php

Reaction Score
Carl, I'm with you on this. A start of the winning ways begins next Saturday. Then the real season begins with Boise. UConn has a shot to make a real statement in two weeks. But let's get past Stonybrook before we address that in earnest.

Reaction Score
If the coach see an upside to a player, I'd rather see the player gain experience now than as a fifth year senior. Four years of only practice makes you a good practice player with no game experience.

If you're talented, and the coach sees a real upside in your career, getting kicked around as a freshman offers a brighter return on investment in the future years, as opposed to seeing your first live fire with only a couple of years left on your scholarship. Give me a senior with 2-3 years experience as opposed to one with 0-1 year under their belt.

There is always some degree of risk in a growth fund........but that is how I view HCBD enthusiasm, a manager/coach who is not afraid of risks in hopes of a large return on investment (his time and energy) in developing this program,

I'm with HCBD 1000% on this philosophy in team development.

Reaction Score
Carl, I'm with you on this. A start of the winning ways begins next Saturday. Then the real season begins with Boise. UConn has a shot to make a real statement in two weeks. But let's get past Stonybrook before we address that in earnest.

Stonybrook lost to Bryant yesterday. Hoping Stonybrook is a nice high going into the BSU game. It's going to be an interesting two weeks. Don't want to get too far beyond that. One game at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom