If you could choose.Cast Your Vote | The Boneyard

If you could choose.Cast Your Vote

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Where would you prefer UConn end up??

ACC?

Big Ten(eleventwelvethirteenfourteenfifteenSixteen)?

Modified BigEast (maybe Big 12 mix)?

Independent?

Curious to see what Boneyarders would prefer. If someone knows how to post one of those actual polls, that would be awesome.

Reaction Score
While I think ACC makes the most sense from geography p.o.v., I'd rather be associates with the B10 1st, then ACC, then a modified B12 w/ remaining BE and B12 FB schools. Whatever it is we MUST break off from the non FB schools.

Reaction Score
Since football is the big moneymaker, I believe Big Ten would be the best in the long haul.
For basketball and for geographic reasons, ACC would be unbelievable. Unfortunately, Bball just doesn't hold the sway like football does.
I sure would miss Big East tournaments at Madison Square Garden.

Reaction Score
B10, though the ACC is a better fit geographically....In the B10 I think both our BB programs will continue to be national powers and FB recruiting will have a higher ceiling than in the ACC. However, I think we can be more competitive in FB with the ACC.

Reaction Score
ACC...rivalries....if Rutgers comes, we stay in tact with rivalry in foortball...will still have Cuse, Pitt and now Maryland...all will be great rivals...
would fun to woop BC, Miami and Va Tech eventually too!
From a bball perspective...replaceing good rivalries with great ones... NO BRAINER!

Reaction Score
Although B*10 may be more prestgious in sports and academics, geographically ACC is a better fit in terms of travel for all teams (not just FB and BB) and fans. FB will elevate in terms of competition, BB is a slam dunk, baseball will continue to improve being associated with southern teams, soccer will be as good or better.

Say NO to B*12 merger !

ACC or Big 10.

Reaction Score
Big-10. At this point, it's all about the Benjamin$. Too much would be left on the table if we went south instead of west. All this talk of New York Market. ND & Big-10 have owned it for years. There's the Big-10 academic consortium, Big-10 Network. Getting regular home dates with the likes of PSU, ND, Michigan, OSU, ensures Rent expansion sooner than later. ACC Should be a backup plan only.
Edit: President Herbst wants to get the school's endowment over $ 1 Billion. Which do you suppose would aid the university marketingwise in reaching that figure sooner? My bet is the Big-10 would.

Reaction Score
If the BigTen is serious about their TV revenue and claiming the NYC market, they could add us and Rutgers, and put an annual bball tournament in NYC. while i don't generally get too excited for BigTen bball, they do have some good programs like MIState and OH State. from a sports team mentality i think our style of play fits in better with the Big Ten in both bball and football. we're also a state school which fits in more with the Big Ten. that being said the ACC would be great consolation prize.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
B1G. For all the reasons stated above, plus to thwart Swofford's plans for East Coast domination as payback for attempting, then succeeding, to kill our football league.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
assuming we have stability, I would choose modified Big East

keep our remaining teams and bring in TCU, KU, K St, Baylor & 1 other

hold the BET in NYC 3 out of 4 years, and in someplace like KC the 4th yr

since stability is not even plausible, I choose the ACC with the hope that they rotate the conference tournament

Reaction Score
ACC. Best geographic fit & rivalries with other former BE schools would be maintained.

So sad that it's come to this despite the writing being on the wall for so long. Always loved BE hoops and hate to see the rivalries die.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
100% ACC... mostly because I just feel more knowledgeable/have a "connection" to the ACC. I fully admit to east coast bias and would be be more than happy to travel to games throughout the proposed league. I have an absence of feeling towards the B1G.

Sticking with the scraps of the BE and whatever other leagues is the worst option of all.

Reaction Score
ACC though at this point I would rush to the big10 if offered first.
This is musical chairs and we need one, now.

Reaction Score
ACC. I don't want us to be the BC of the B1G. We would have no rivals and would be completely isolated from the rest of the league.

Reaction Score
ACC. Regional rivals are what makes college football such a joy.

Reaction Score
B1G, selfishly, I go to games in the Big House annually & would get to make the UConn game a regular affair.

Reaction Score
ACC, don't want to see all our road games on at 9PM, or later due to overtime of an ACC game. Many of our home games could also get pushed back to 9PM due to the networks not wanting to air those games at 5PM central time.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
ACC. It is the more natural fit for the school.

The basketball side of the conference will be strong. The football conference will be weak for now, but the rivalries are strong and the conference may improve. UConn has a better chance to develop in football in this conference imo. The rivalries will be stronger and this will generate excitement helping with recruiting. Geographically it makes the most sense.

UConn will do well in academics and athletics in whatever position it finds itself. The B1G offering of $$ in sports and academics would be a great opportunity for UConn but the University should avoid prostituting itself. If it doesn't fit into the midwest model than the $$ are just that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom