If You Can't Stand The Heat. Get Out The Kitchen. | The Boneyard

If You Can't Stand The Heat. Get Out The Kitchen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

1. FB_IMG_1476673690798.jpg

2. fb_img_1476673690798-jpg.16215
    There is an old lyrical line song by The lost boyz, "I Seen A Lot-of-come...I Seen A Lot-Of-Go"

last night I watched how Maya Moore was so tuned in and focused. It's was like she didn't know the meaning of the word (Tired). Then I said to myself:

This is what Geno & Staff conditioned Uconn women for - for games like this. This is why they go hard in practice.

Uconn is definitely not for everyone, as many here have uttered over and over again.

You need stamina. Strong will. Patience. Thuck skin & Tolerance.

There is No (I) in us. It is not a place for glamour girls worrying about twitter, what their nails and hair look like. Because they know It looks good already. It is not a place where you you cling to your cell phones 24-7.

However, there is a time and place for those things.

And Yet at the end of the day when they are at a function or standing on the podium to be drafted. They still look good.

You got to be willing and able to Uconn-Husky-Dog-It for 40 minutes when called upon.

Sometimes you got to be a star when the (WE NEED YOU SPOTLIGHT) calls for it. A Team Star. Sometimes you need to watch and learn.

Here is where champions are made & groomed. Here Is Where Minds Are Renewed. Yes They Weep Like Any Other When They Lose An Important Game. But Don't Plan On Holding Down The Throne For Long. They won't weep forever. Because They Are The Lord's Of Winter. And Winter Is Coming.

Warriors Of The Blue. Battle Tested Through & Through. Prepare For War. "For The Night Is Dark & Full Of Terror."

Reaction Score
MV: wow...that brought me out of "retirement" for a moment. Wonderfully eloquent post. Will hope to see and hear you at one or both of the EX games as we belt out The Star Spangled Banner. Thank you, and stay well.

Reaction Score
Amped up, just a tad?

(Me too)

Lol. Just a tad?

I can't wait til the season start. Every time about this year during October, I get real amp up and start watching old games and past championship games etc.

So win or lose I can't wait to see the next step these girls take. If they make it fine. If not we will be back.

Reaction Score
MV: wow...that brought me out of "retirement" for a moment. Wonderfully eloquent post. Will hope to see and hear you at one or both of the EX games as we belt out The Star Spangled Banner. Thank you, and stay well.

That's good come on out of retirement. Get fired up!

I just hope Maya & Company win this game and don't let LA steal another one. Maya was pumped last night.

Plus there are Uconn players on Minnesota. And a Tennessee vol - Stanford & a Rutgers player on LA.

Reaction Score

1. View attachment 16216

2. fb_img_1476673690798-jpg.16215
    There is an old lyrical line song by The lost boyz, "I Seen A Lot-of-come...I Seen A Lot-Of-Go"

last night I watched how Maya Moore was so tuned in and focused. It's was like she didn't know the meaning of the word (Tired). Then I said to myself:

This is what Geno & Staff conditioned Uconn women for - for games like this. This is why they go hard in practice.

Uconn is definitely not for everyone, as many here have uttered over and over again.

You need stamina. Strong will. Patience. Thuck skin & Tolerance.

There is No (I) in us. It is not a place for glamour girls worrying about twitter, what their nails and hair look like. Because they know It looks good already. It is not a place where you you cling to your cell phones 24-7.

However, there is a time and place for those things.

And Yet at the end of the day when they are at a function or standing on the podium to be drafted. They still look good.
  3. \\

You got to be willing and able to Uconn-Husky-Dog-It for 40 minutes when called upon.

Sometimes you got to be a star when the (WE NEED YOU SPOTLIGHT) calls for it. A Team Star. Sometimes you need to watch and learn.

Here is where champions are made & groomed. Here Is Where Minds Are Renewed. Yes They Weep Like Any Other When They Lose An Important Game. But Don't Plan On Holding Down The Throne For Long. They won't weep forever. Because They Are The Lord's Of Winter. And Winter Is Coming.

Warriors Of The Blue. Battle Tested Through & Through. Prepare For War. "For The Night Is Dark & Full Of Terror."
Maya is such a nice person--but she knows (from Geno) when she has to take over a game--I'd bet if you ask Maya is she was a star--she'd think and in her modesty--no (knowing full well she is).. That young woman has always shown class..

Reaction Score
I have a flock of 2014-2016 Husky WBB games on my DVR. Somehow, I can't bring myself to erase them. Man, those teams were really, really, really good.

I made multiple disks of each game just in case I misplace one---then I erased the DVR. I know this Golden 3 was exceptional but I thought that with Sue, Swin, Waters, Tamika, Asia(sp), and then Dt-Svet was exceptional and they were--and then every couple of years another superb team emerges--

Big---just wait and see where this team will take us--Many Many Many will truly be surprised...Uconn rarely has lost talent like the 3 Golden--but

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Maya is such a nice person--but she knows (from Geno) when she has to take over a game--I'd bet if you ask Maya is she was a star--she'd think and in her modesty--no (knowing full well she is).. That young woman has always shown class..

If you saw her interview on ESPN this morning, you would be even more proud of her (if that's possible). What a sterling representative of WBB and UConn character.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I made multiple disks of each game just in case I misplace one---then I erased the DVR. I know this Golden 3 was exceptional but I thought that with Sue, Swin, Waters, Tamika, Asia(sp), and then Dt-Svet was exceptional and they were--and then every couple of years another superb team emerges--

Big---just wait and see where this team will take us--Many Many Many will truly be surprised...Uconn rarely has lost talent like the 3 Golden--but
nah, Swin and "nem didnt crush teams like the Maya/KML/Stewie era... but I'd say the competition was better back then in the "Old Big East"

Reaction Score
nah, Swin and "nem didnt crush teams like the Maya/KML/Stewie era... but I'd say the competition was better back then in the "Old Big East"

Lol DChoc "and Nem" ha ha ha, aahhh man. I haven't heard that ole southern line in a while. Brings a grin out of me I tell ya.

Reaction Score
I have a flock of 2014-2016 Husky WBB games on my DVR. Somehow, I can't bring myself to erase them. Man, those teams were really, really, really good.

Me too. And I watch them during the dog days of summer

Reaction Score
Sue/Swin et al --may not have crunched teams like Stewies group or Maya--they showed the WORLD that women could shoot, pass, pick and roll, hit the 3, play strong defense----there were at least 2 coaches who were happy to see that team graduate--Sherri Coale and Pat Summit (having said--I'm going to their graduation, just to make sure the do). (please not no quote marks).
Forever and ever THAT team will always be the FACE OF UCONN WBB to me..

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

Throughout her UConn career Maya would come out and start scoring, settling everyone else down and making them better by relaxing them/taking the pressure off. That came back to haunt a couple of times when Maya was off, rare as it was. She is very low key too and so smooth people may not realize how hard it is to do what she does. Also so classy and understated. I don't know if anyone else remembers a half time interview of Maya two or three championship games ago when she answered a question by starting (paraphrase): "Well, superstars like me, Diane , etc...." I had to rewind! Modest yes, but she knows she's earned to right to be quietly confident in her superstardom.

Reaction Score
Throughout her UConn career Maya would come out and start scoring, settling everyone else down and making them better by relaxing them/taking the pressure off. That came back to haunt a couple of times when Maya was off, rare as it was. She is very low key too and so smooth people may not realize how hard it is to do what she does. Also so classy and understated. I don't know if anyone else remembers a half time interview of Maya two or three championship games ago when she answered a question by starting (paraphrase): "Well, superstars like me, Diane , etc...." I had to rewind! Modest yes, but she knows she's earned to right to be quietly confident in her superstardom.

Great memory--thanks but I forgot the interview you stated---thanks.

The last game against ND--when they mugged her and isolated her--she was the only one who could ( or would) score--and her huge numbers were not enough to salvage that loss---if she had ANY help at all--they'd have put that in the W column.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Great memory--thanks but I forgot the interview you stated---thanks.

The last game against ND--when they mugged her and isolated her--she was the only one who could ( or would) score--and her huge numbers were not enough to salvage that loss---if she had ANY help at all--they'd have put that in the W column.

Geno from time to time would talk about everyone else standing around waiting for her to do it.

Reaction Score
Geno from time to time would talk about everyone else standing around waiting for her to do it.
Geno's frustration with all except Maya was evident--you could see the team fade when Maya missed shots--the Confidence of the team
dropped dramatically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99