If you aren't thrilled with Edsall | Page 2 | The Boneyard

If you aren't thrilled with Edsall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Freed of Jeff hathaways shackles I expect randy to fly like an eagle. To the sea. And we'll all embrace the randy first down dance like it was the nene. And we will dance. And sing.
+1

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
One thing nobody seems to get is that it would be really hard to recruit a big name to a non-P5 school.

*As USF hires Charlie Strong, Cincinnati hires Luke Fickell, FAU hires Lane Kiffin and FIU hires Butch Davis...*

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Next year will be rough for the Boneyard. Most of us here will expect things to go straight back to 2010. And they absolutely will not.
I'm open to blatant cheating next season. Deflating balls, videotaping opposing practices, tampering with opposing headsets, tripping players along the sidelines, whatever it takes to have a winning season next year. A want a counterintelligence agent added to the coaching staff ASAP. He'll give 'Special Teams' a whole new meaning.

Reaction Score
Thrilled? No. Willing to get behind it since I have no alternative? Sure. If he puts a beat down on Holy Cross? I LOVE YOU RANDY!
A beat down on Holy Cross? How small time of you and your "liked" friends. A beat down on Missouri and BC next season and I'll be ok with Edsall.

Reaction Score
*As USF hires Charlie Strong, Cincinnati hires Luke Fickell, FAU hires Lane Kiffin and FIU hires Butch Davis...*

Three out of four of those schools reside in Florida. Not impressed with the non Florida hire but at least he has a decent base to recruit from.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I guess we got an idiot for AD...I thought he would hire someone better, but as usual, I guess my school is run by moron and clueless people.

I don't think Benedict had much of a choice. The folks that funded the buyout are likely behind this decision.

Reaction Score
Benedict wanted a coach to run all phases of the program and stick around a while. I think he got this with Randy. I now hope Benedict can work with the President to get kids into school that were not when Hathaway was spinning his wheels here. The offensive coordinator will reveal a lot as well.

Reaction Score
Benedict wanted a coach to run all phases of the program and stick around a while. I think he got this with Randy. I now hope Benedict can work with the President to get kids into school that were not when Hathaway was spinning his wheels here. The offensive coordinator will reveal a lot as well.
It's called settling. We settled the case.

Reaction Score
Maybe Gars, we have not heard if there was any interest and due to the buyout pay was an issue. I hope our budget for assistants is at least as good as it was for the long winded one. I would like to hear what Warde thinks.:mad:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I guess we got an idiot for AD...I thought he would hire someone better, but as usual, I guess my school is run by moron and clueless people.
angry-old-man.jpg

"I guess we got an idiot for AD...
I thought he would hire someone better, but as usual,
I guess my school is run by moron and clueless people
"​

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Can someone fill me in on the disagreements between Edsall and Hathaway during his run here?

Reaction Score
Can someone fill me in on the disagreements between Edsall and Hathaway during his run here?
Promised raises for assistants than didn't pay them since they would go against Jeffies own bonus

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Admissions standards changed, Edsall had a couple of kids he wanted that didn't get in. Went to Hathaway for help but Hathaway said no, I won"t help you. Randy went nuts and from then on thought his AD did not have his back in a way that would hurt the program.

Oddly enough, spoke with PP about this and we have lost kids to Temple who could not get into UCONN but Temple took with open arms.

Reaction Score
Bigger names perhaps, but what says these guys would have been better choices for us?

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Let's go glass half full..

Diaco is gone.
This may not actually set in until the Spring game when we DON'T see "Mr. Abercrombie-Rouge pants" come flying out of the tunnel.

Reaction Score
I'm in the not thrilled camp. I think he's a good coach and appreciate his track record with us. Like others hated the way he ran away. For that alone I wouldn't have hired him no matter the price.

But he is here and I think on the field he can get us back on track.

I'm behind him for the good of the program and from talking to other friends the 9 of us will be back in Section 103.
The only thing I can't believe is that this was supposed to be DB signature hire and he brings back HCRE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom