If WVU isn't on home schedule | Page 2 | The Boneyard

If WVU isn't on home schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And that explains our not being one of the most recent 3 to leave after he was ****canned how?
Where exactly were we going to move to? No one was extending an invite. Are you saying we should have abandoned the conference and gone independent?
We would have been in the last go around had BC not blocked us, that is the reality of our situation. No one else is knocking on our door right now, settle in and make the most of what you do have instead of dreaming of what could be and/or never will be. If it happens great, if not so be it, win the games we have, keep improving the schedule, and the rest will take care of itself.

Reaction Score
You don't think this game was being played long before Hathaway left?

The AD has little to no say in conference alignment or movement why blame him? Or is it a case of pointing the finger of blame at someone to feel better?

In that case I'm pointing mine at everyone in the state for not being able to make the program such a draw that we couldn't be overlooked or blocked by anyone. Its the only game in town and we can't draw 40k to every game or drag our fat asses away from the tailgate to get into the stadium before kickoff. Ten years in the big leagues and half the damn stadium still doesn't know how to make noise without being qued up by Welcome to the Jungle. End of finger point!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Yeah, I'm pointing out that you can't play a home game against a name team. If you want a home game, you need the phone numbers of the members of the A-10.

The question I responded to was - do we give up a home game against Fordham to play a FSU on the road. I said we should only give up the home game if it's part of a 1 for 1. I didn't think that was so controversial. I like going to home games.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You don't think this game was being played long before Hathaway left?

The new prez and AD certainly seemed blindsided by the news. If you are correct, that doesn't make them look so hot.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The question I responded to was - do we give up a home game against Fordham to play a FSU on the road. I said we should only give up the home game if it's part of a 1 for 1. I didn't think that was so controversial. I like going to home games.

I mistook 'give it up'. You are right, that's a comprehension mistake on my end. Carry on.

Reaction Score
We already lost our I-AA game (UMass upgraded). I would bet my mortgage it's a I-AA, if the spot opens.
For a couple years, UConn was a transitional program somewhere in a gray-area between 1-AA classification and an official 1-A program. Is UMess definitely a 1-A program, or still a transitioning 1-AA program as they were last year ? If UMess is now 1-A and WVU exits the BE, a 1-AA opponent is possible on this season's schedule.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The transition period is a gradual step up in total scholarship players allowed (it takes three years to move from 68-85 as the NCAA doesn't want a school expanding too quickly). The NCAA views the transition school an FBS member once the transition begins. UMass will be an FBS school in 2012 even if they are little more than an FCS school with a half dozen extra scholarship players.

Reaction Score
It could be a second game against a Big East opponent.

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2012/02/rutgers_could_play_football_ho.html

I would prefer a second game against Syracuse or Rutgers (especially if it were to be at Yankee Stadium) over just about any other opponent in the league.

UConn is already scheduled to play Syracuse & Rutgers as away games, so you want a second game to be at Yankee Stadium - in lieu of a Rentschler Field game that was scheduled against West Virginia? :confused:

Reaction Score
The options for West Virginia for at least next season should be a clear cut either/or. Either play a Big East schedule or shut down your program altogether. The conference "dirt bagging" needs to stop.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
The saving grace here is that we don't currently have a FCS school on our current schedule, thanks UMass for moving up! So it won't be the end of the world to play a FCS school. It can still count towards bowl eligability.

Reports are now saying that Boise has asked the WAC if they'd accept all their other non-football programs next season if they were to bolt for the Big East this season. The WAC has said yes so I wouldn't rule out Boise joining up a year early. I know they've publicly said they wouldn't but with the reported WVU settlement being announced today, don't be shocked for another team to bolt their current conference and come aboard to the Big East.

I don't know why any team would wanna play the same team twice, ala RU-SU.

U

UConn9604

UConn is already scheduled to play Syracuse & Rutgers as away games, so you want a second game to be at Yankee Stadium - in lieu of a Rentschler Field game that was scheduled against West Virginia? :confused:

Didn't exactly think that one out -- what I meant was that if we were to have a second game, I'd want it against one of those teams, but I forgot that we're playing both on the road already. Oops.

Reaction Score
We can always call TAMU:;)

http://espn.go.com/college-football...exas-aggies-drops-game-adds-two-2012-schedule

COLLEGE STATION, Texas -- Texas A&M has revamped its 2012 football schedule, dropping McNeese State and adding Louisiana Tech and South Carolina State.

The Aggies, moving from the Big 12 to the Southeastern Conference for next season, still need one more game.
Athletic director Bill Byrne says their options for scheduling were limited because of the move, but that they expect to have a game for Nov. 17 lined up soon.

Texas A&M was scheduled to host McNeese State on Sept. 1, but replaced that game with Louisiana Tech on Aug. 30 in Shreveport, La.

They'll play South Carolina State at home Sept. 22.

Byrne says the location of their Sept. 29 game against Arkansas still hasn't been determined, but that it will be soon. It has recently been played at Cowboys Stadium.

Reaction Score
I think if a school changes conferences, the new conference should be mandated to fill the old conference with OOC games for 2 years (home & home).

Reaction Score
When WVU leaves if no one comes in to fill their spot the BE would have to rearrange the schedule so that everyone has 3 home and 3 away conference games WVU was a scheduled home game for us so that opens up the option that we could play an away game such as FSU or Oklahoma and set them up for a return trip to the rent in the future.

Reaction Score
If there are six conference games next year they would need to balance out the home and away games to 3 - 3, which means a conference game that is currently scheduled to be an away game would be the replacement home game.

This give us an opportunity to schedule an away game to replace WVU or schedule a 7th home game on that date.
That's true.... But it's going to be a 1-AA team. With UMass upgrading, there's no reason we wouldn't. Florida State isn't coming here, and there's no sense going there just to get clobbered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom