If the new stadium in Hartford gets built | The Boneyard

If the new stadium in Hartford gets built

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Any chance Hartford bids for the AAC baseball tournament? Beautiful weather here in the spring and we would have a brand new stadium with a good amount of seating in downtown. I know Charlotte recently built a minor league stadium for the Knights in downtown (just went last Friday, beautiful stadium/view) and they've expressed interest in hosting the ACC tournament there.

Reaction Score
Even if it never gets built, the 1st round, or even superregionals could easily be held in New Britain. Big problem is if there is a conflict with the Rockcats.

Reaction Score
Even if it never gets built, the 1st round, or even superregionals could easily be held in New Britain. Big problem is if there is a conflict with the Rockcats.

Remember, Dodd Stadium in Norwich hosted the 1st round in 2010.

Reaction Score
Dream scenario is that team gets new field in storrs and can play regionals and supers at home. Heard coaches arent huge fans of dodd and new britain. And why would they be, team has not played well at those places. Would love to see AAC tournament at potential hartford stadium.

Last edited:

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Dream scenario is that team gets new field in storrs and can play regionals and supers at home. Heard coaches arent huge fans of dodd and new britain. And why would they be, team has not played well at those places. Would love to see AAC tournament at potential hartford stadium.

is there an update on a new baseball facility coming to campus? If I remember correctly it was a part of the master athletics plan

Reaction Score

I expect a new ballpark in Storrs will happen eventually. I certainly look forward to that happening as it is badly needed. Still, as far as priorities for athletic facilities go at UConn, a new ice rink is certainly the highest priority with the men's hockey team now in Hockey East. And given the popularity of UConn soccer, I would think a new soccer facility rates as a higher priority for UConn athletics than the baseball facility. We will see these facilities built before the baseball field is touched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom