"If the B1G wants NYC" ....from MSU fans | Page 8 | The Boneyard

"If the B1G wants NYC" ....from MSU fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Fan Fiction History as usual. People linked Pokie to DA letters, and he countered by linking blogs.

Reaction Score
Wow.
First. I never said that and you know it. I said academically. Which is true. Clearly nobody can match UConn WBB and few are close in BB.
Second. Do some checking on SMU before you open your mouth and make a fool of yourself. If you had thier FB history you would be in the B1G.
Third. It is completely unnecessary to lower yourself to personal insults for no reason. If anybody deserves to be booted it whoud be you for the childish name calling. Not to mention you are adding nothing to the conversation, simply a personal attack. The predictable response for sensitive fans who like being internet tough guys while hiding behind your computer. I have been extremely complimentary of UConn and indicated several times that you should be in a power conference and if possible the Big 12.
Just curious and please do NOT blast me but who are you a fan of. I can tell you I have met KU and OU fans and both are extremely;y hospitable. In fact I know when we went to the BCS Tostitos bowl, OU did not want us, but it wasn't because of what we meant or didn't mean for them in terms of competition. They felt for our first BCS, it would have been nicer for us to be on the East Coast. But we played and although the score was close for three QTRS, I remember it being a bit sloppy....and sure enough in the fourth QTR it got ugly. However, it was no worse then the ND vs AL game of two seasons ago.

Reaction Score
Just curious and please do NOT blast me but who are you a fan of. I can tell you I have met KU and OU fans and both are extremely;y hospitable. In fact I know when we went to the BCS Tostitos bowl, OU did not want us, but it wasn't because of what we meant or didn't mean for them in terms of competition. They felt for our first BCS, it would have been nicer for us to be on the East Coast. But we played and although the score was close for three QTRS, I remember it being a bit sloppy....and sure enough in the fourth QTR it got ugly. However, it was no worse then the ND vs AL game of two seasons ago.
OU fans I met in AZ were probably the nicest group of opposing fans I have met to date! It was an honor to meet a man and his wife that had been to every bowl game OU had played in since 1949. What a great passionate fan base!

Reaction Score
I attended OU and graduated from OSU. I live in Nebraska. Those are the 3 main teams I root for with an emphasis on OSU, which is referred to as Okielite by some OU fans. That name bothers some OSU fans but not me.

Most Big 12 fans are great. They don't throw batteries or feces at you, don't heckle your wife, etc... OU has a great fan base who are extremely loyal. By far the most loyal fan base is Nebraska. Sold out every game for over 50 years, just sold 40k tickets to the spring game.

Reaction Score
Fan Fiction History as usual. People linked Pokie to DA letters, and he countered by linking blogs.
Yea, the Chicago Tribune is a blog. LAffin You just can't leave it alone can you. The worst part is that is really embarrassing for your school and the best you can come up with is to deny it ever happened. That is pathetic to say the least. You are better off to let it go at this point as most people on here likely read the articles that were posted.

Just like PSU fans who claim the school knew nothing, Joe knew nothing, they are all innocent. The whole investigation is just a witch hunt. Do you realize how stupid that sounds in this situation? That is exactly what you are doing. For everything you denied ever happened, you were given a link that confirms it did. If you want to do it all over again we can but I think it offended our hosts when you did that.

BTW I love hearing about the bad blood between UConn and Notre Dame. Will be that much sweeter when UConn sends you home without a trophy tonight. You people who pretend all these things never happened are trash of the earth and quite frankly deserve everything that has happened to you for trying to cover it up. Shame on you for lying on this board to try to cover up what your school has done.

Reaction Score
Just so everyone knows, OkieL was already discredited on the Sooners board Land Thieves. He lives with the daily dissonance that Notre Dame 'covered up' things that were in every newspaper and investigated by outside authorities.

Reaction Score
Well, ND did sweep some camera kid's death under the rug.

Reaction Score
Well, ND did sweep some camera kid's death under the rug.
Yeah, that is one of those, " happens" type of thing. Incredible that Kelly didn't get more heat for that. And I am big fan Kelly as a coach.

Reaction Score
computer deleted my post right after Lenny Kukua discovered David Brandon's plot to go independent so he could keep Sparty, North Dakota, Ohio University of, and Creighton on the schedule.

Freak Toshiba laptops.

Reaction Score
Just so everyone knows, OkieL was already discredited on the Sooners board Land Thieves. He lives with the daily dissonance that Notre Dame 'covered up' things that were in every newspaper and investigated by outside authorities.
Yea, I come to UConn boards to argue with Notre Dame fans. Get a grip man. I was never discredited at all. I posted the link from one of your own sites that confirms you said that you were going to play all the members of the Big East in Football and then proceded to never follow through with the majority of the league even though you had plenty of time to play all them members at least once. Completely lied to the conference. The funniest part is that you tried to schedule the games but instead of home and home, you demanded that other teams play you at a pro stadium and at South Bend. Completely 1 sided deal that no school should ever allow you to bend them over and screw. Sweetheart deals and backstabbing, standard bahavior. Suddenly Notre Dame could go schedule who they wanted instead of honoring thier word and helping the conference.
I also pointed out that Notre Dame was on the Big East expansion committee to secure the future of the conference, then proceded to leave the conference for another partial membeship in the ACC. Complete backstabbing and lies.
Then there are the stories that never were discussed during the NC game, even though the school knew that there was no Lennay/dead girlfriend.
As well as the botched so called investigaton that was even questioned by your own alumni but never handled correctly ultil weeks later, after the victim was dead.
I also believe the camera incident that ahs been mentioned sure seemed to pass without much negative press.
These are all not just made up stories like you want us to beleive.
Then there are the stories we are hearing from UConn.

Surely you realize UConn folks remember this as well as anybody as you had a knife in thier back twisting it over and over.

I think karma is giving you what you deserve tonight.

All you are doing is denying any wrongdoing, typical response from fanbases like yours and delusional PSU fans.

Reaction Score
SIAP, I can't keep him straight from fellow trolls Buckaneer and X97. Now your BSing specifics.

The Big East never relied on a partial member to decide the conferences future. At least at one time ND didn't even have a vote on new members (not saying we deserved one). the only part of the argument with merit is that former AD Dr Kevin White unilaterally said that he wanted to play three Big East teams a year; we did shortly before and after we got rid of him.

That's not a deal, that's barely an agreement. If Savvy Jack announced he intended to play 5 Sun Belt teams a year, A. ND would start looking for a replacement B. The Sun Belt would have no deal unless pen met paper.

- It's not the University's job to make public statements about anybody's romantic trials. They just looked enough to confirm that Teo was not defrauding other people (he wasn't).

- The police and county attorney investigated the Seeburg incident. Conclusion? No sex and no crime.

- As much as I loathe linking to the Chicago Tribune, at least one family handles tragedy better than others http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...acy-around-education-20140401,0,7196025.story

Reaction Score
It's more about not helping the confernece, and doing what is best for you and stabbing fellow member schools in the back. If Notre Dame had been willing to do the same things they are doing for the ACC, the Big East would still be together. You played an instrumental role in the whole unraveling that clearly effected all the members of the Big East, mostly negative. To claim otherwise is simply not realistic. You did what was best for you and could care less how it screwed other schools. I think you will do the same thing in the ACC.

How many times did you play Louisville, West Virginia, Cinci, and UConn in football while you were in the Big East from 1995-2013??

I've discussed the other stuff too much already and I think it is rude to our hosts. These folks are smart enough to draw thier own conclusions with the evidence that is out there. If it doesn't have something to do with conference realignment we should probably let it go.

Reaction Score
Yeah, that is one of those, " happens" type of thing. Incredible that Kelly didn't get more heat for that. And I am big fan Kelly as a coach.
Apparently, their fans sweep it under the rug, too. Have to love college athletics.

Reaction Score

Sorry, this may seem like a stalk by me because you and I were smack talking on another board - btw- nothing personal, not at all you closet BUG fan, which I know you are : ).

You're a bit naive to think ND wasn't covering up dirt. Really, you are. You can claim no punishment or publicly accounted wrongdoing, but I'm not buying it and those who don't, frankly don't want to admit it because that means something you root for has diminished - classic denial & quite Catholic like - yes, I'm definitely stereotyping here.

Reaction Score
Sorry, this may seem like a stalk by me because you and I were smack talking on another board - btw- nothing personal, not at all you closet BUG fan, which I know you are : ).

You're a bit naive to think ND wasn't covering up dirt. Really, you are. You can claim no punishment or publicly accounted wrongdoing, but I'm not buying it and those who don't, frankly don't want to admit it because that means something you root for has diminished - classic denial & quite Catholic like - yes, I'm definitely stereotyping here.

Well if they really covered it up then I wouldn't know about it ;)

But I do know they come down hard on players for things that would not be a problem elsewhere. C.f. Compare the concurrent careers of Maurice Clarett and Julius Jones.

Reaction Score

But I do know they come down hard on players for things that would not be a problem elsewhere. C.f. Compare the concurrent careers of Maurice Clarett and Julius Jones.

What bugged me about ND more than anything was their vote in 2004. For a conference member with only 5 toes in, they should have withheld their vote instead of siding with the Catholic schools, because that vote more than anything lead to the dissolution of the conference. If ND had simply refrained from voting when clearly the other schools had a lot more at stake, the conference could have established more stable footing and perhaps survived on a $15m per school take from ESPN.

That vote by ND killed us.

Reaction Score

As if Manti Te'o didn't lie to the administration... The problem here is that ND claims to live by a higher moral code. Clearly Kelly violates the coaching mission statement (I'll find it if you like) and Te'o the student code (I can also find that if you like).

Then there's the long line of poor behavior by Quarterbacks. They flirt with a very gray area often. These things happen, but ND has a way of explaining away most of it. And this is no exception.

Reaction Score
I attended OU and graduated from OSU. I live in Nebraska. Those are the 3 main teams I root for with an emphasis on OSU, which is referred to as Okielite by some OU fans. That name bothers some OSU fans but not me.

Most Big 12 fans are great. They don't throw batteries or feces at you, don't heckle your wife, etc... OU has a great fan base who are extremely loyal. By far the most loyal fan base is Nebraska. Sold out every game for over 50 years, just sold 40k tickets to the spring game.

Lost some credibility with this post. Nebraska is not in the Big 12 - they joined the Big10 a few years ago (2011?)!!!

Reaction Score
Lost some credibility with this post. Nebraska is not in the Big 12 - they joined the Big10 a few years ago (2011?)!!!
You think I don't know Nebraska is in the B1G?? LAffin.

Reaction Score
You think I don't know Nebraska is in the B1G?? LAffin.

I'm just responding to your previous statement. Based on your own words...no, you do not know that.

"Most Big 12 fans are great. They don't throw batteries or feces at you, don't heckle your wife, etc... OU has a great fan base who are extremely loyal. By far the most loyal fan base is Nebraska. Sold out every game for over 50 years, just sold 40k tickets to the spring game."

Reaction Score
Hey Joe,

You never did answer my question.

How many times did Notre Dame play UConn, Cinci, Louisville, and WVU while you were in the Big East from 1995 to 2013?

Reaction Score
I'm just responding to your previous statement. Based on your own words...no, you do not know that.

quote]

Laffin. This is hilarious. You are arguing that I don't know what conference Nebraska is in, JFC. If that is what you want to believe then so be it.

Keep up the good work detective!

Reaction Score

Laffin' at you because you still do not realize your writing is horrible....

Reaction Score
Laffin' at you because you still do not realize your writing is horrible....
I do. I just don't care.
Why are you so concerned with me? Several posts all focusing on me personally. It's actually kinda weird and creepy. You should probably stop before you embarrass yourself with this weird obsession.

Reaction Score
I do. I just don't care.
Why are you so concerned with me? Several posts all focusing on me personally. It's actually kinda weird and creepy. You should probably stop before you embarrass yourself with this weird obsession.

Boy are you self-absorbed...I can give 2 _hits about you. Just responding to your idiotic posts. Have a good life DB!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom