'If I had it do over again' | The Boneyard

'If I had it do over again'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think this has great potential to become the signature phrase of the PP era. Wonder if Jeff Hathaway and Larry McHugh feel the same way?

“We had trouble with a young player in (Hemingway) on (Delaire), who is a good pass rusher and a good inside pass rusher and had a good inside move,” Pasqualoni said. “If i had to do it over again i would helped (Hemingway) more in the protection.”

Reaction Score
I'm going to guess we are going to see better DEs than Delaire over the course of the season....just a guess.

Hemmingway was not ready. I don't know if it's preparation, physical ability or what it is. But, as a coach, it's up to him to figure out how to put a functional OL in place.

Hemmingway, 3 stars with offers from Cuse, Louisville, Maryland, USF and interest from Georgia and Mich. State. Arguable one of our best OL recruits according to the sites and about as poor a performance as I've seen by an OLman at UCONN agains an FCS team no less.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Another example of a sad old man throwing a kid under the bus. He should have been out there Coach. Who's call was that? Yours or GDL's? What's the kid supposed to say, "Sorry Coach, I only weigh 275 lbs and I've been on campus for a month, maybe it's not the best idea to have me block their best rusher one on one. Maybe a little help?"

Or maybe this fantastic blocking scheme of yours that no one has been able to execute for three years is a problem? I know it's a bit more complex than being big and strong, but at some point doesn't put a hat on a hat come into play?

The guy can't leave soon enough.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I thought Schafenacker was our best OL recruit? Regardless, the dilemma remains.

Reaction Score
Try this Hemingway. Fits right in.

images

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm going to guess we are going to see better DEs than Delaire over the course of the season....just a guess.

Hemmingway was not ready. I don't know if it's preparation, physical ability or what it is. But, as a coach, it's up to him to figure out how to put a functional OL in place.

Hemmingway, 3 stars with offers from Cuse, Louisville, Maryland, USF and interest from Georgia and Mich. State. Arguable one of our best OL recruits according to the sites and about as poor a performance as I've seen by an OLman at UCONN agains an FCS team no less.

Hemingway just finished his third summer practice at UConn. Somewhere along the line, beginning late in the 2011 season someone involved with the coaching (OL, grad assistant, strength & conditioning) should have been on this kid a couple of times a week reminding him how important it is to bulk up to a legitimate playing weight (adding 20-25 lbs of solid weight is not unreasonable for a frame that size at that age). This kid (~ 255 when he first stepped on campus) should be at least 20 lbs heavier than he is today and someone should have noticed the size deficiency at least eighteen months ago.

Reaction Score
Yeah becausen in game adjustment is always out of the question with these guys. COuldnt see during the game that kid needed help. Game over P.h

Reaction Score
Yeah becausen in game adjustment is always out of the question with these guys. COuldnt see during the game that kid needed help. Game over P.h

Exactly. This is what I don't understand. Pasqualoni doesn't need a chance to 'do it over again.' He needs to make a change during the game. At the end of the 1st quarter. At half time. Some time.

Even heading into the game, someone on the coaching staff should have noted Hemingway as a potential area for concern and had a plan ready to go if he struggled. That doesn't seem like an unrealistic expectation for the coaching staff.

Reaction Score
It was obvious from very early on that Hemingway was having problems.

Why he he left on an island for virtually the entire game is is unimaginable. It is systematic of P's tenure at UConn.

MAKE A FREAKIN" ADJUSTMENT IMMEDIATELY.

Reaction Score
Coach Do Over. Does anyone think Coach Do Over went up to Lamelle before he went onto the field and told him that the most important thing was to keep possession of the ball, faircatch it but don't risk losing the football. He being a freshman if I was the coach I would have made sure to say that to him as he was probably jacked to try and make a big play there.

Reaction Score
Hemmingway's weight has nothing to do with this. Nobody's weight has anything to do with this.

We were bigger than them yesterday, but we had no idea what we were doing.

Look around at some other OL's, We are as big/bigger than most. Hemmingway was going against a guy that was significantly smaller than him. 20 lb's wouldnt have helped....he needed a coach to tell him where to be and who to block.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom