If HCPP gets axed..... | The Boneyard

If HCPP gets axed.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thomas will stay no matter what, although he'll have a lot of options. Bradley will stay as long as Coach Sos is kept. Lagow will be interesting.

Like the last time we had a coaching change, a lot of these guys just don't have enough options for them to leave with such little time left until signing day.

Reaction Score
in 011 when PP came in, he was able to keep most of that class together (i think we lost 2).

As much as i want bradley, if its a choice between keeping bradley and sos, or dumping them both......i say dump them. SOS is not a good position coach, and not a good recruiter. He may have brought in a few over the years...but how many have really made an impact ? how many have gotten significantly better during their time here ? when was the last time our receivers were a threat to anyone (aside from easley)

unload the entire staff, except maybe brown.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
None. Or, at least not as many if they stay. Until they sign most would accept an offer from higher profile program.

Reaction Score
Until they sign most would accept an offer from higher profile program.

That's true with this staff, or that last, no matter the "hot seat"situation.

i would enjoy having a coaching staff that could make that not happen. heck...maybe WE could be a high profile program (just imagine !)

Reaction Score
The recruits we will now never get is what really matters because everyone we are up against is going to say to the kid you don't even know who will be coaching there next year, a la Calhoun in the last few years. Fire now add have an answer in place 1/1/13.

Reaction Score
The problem teams have is they think the coach just needs more time. It rarely ever turns around and it sucks the life out of the program.

The future is not bright.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
If PP gets axed we move on. We may not end up with much of a recruiting class this year (it will depend entirely on which assistants we keep) but there will at least be hope.

Reaction Score
in 011 when PP came in, he was able to keep most of that class together (i think we lost 2).

As much as i want bradley, if its a choice between keeping bradley and sos, or dumping them both......i say dump them. SOS is not a good position coach, and not a good recruiter. He may have brought in a few over the years...but how many have really made an impact ? how many have gotten significantly better during their time here ? when was the last time our receivers were a threat to anyone (aside from easley)

unload the entire staff, except maybe brown.

The receivers are probably the fourth best unit on this team behind the linebackers, corners, and d-line.

Not that that's saying something, but the receivers aren't our problem.

Reaction Score
The receivers are probably the fourth best unit on this team behind the linebackers, corners, and d-line.

Not that that's saying something, but the receivers aren't our problem.

i dont agree. i see tons of routes broken off in the wrong spot, some drops, and no yac. and there are plenty of times when Chandler is just dying to throw to someone, but no one has gotten open.

basically what you're saying is, that the WR's are the best unit on the 112th rated offense in the country. im not sure how good that actually is.

Reaction Score
i dont agree. i see tons of routes broken off in the wrong spot, some drops, and no yac. and there are plenty of times when Chandler is just dying to throw to someone, but no one has gotten open.

basically what you're saying is, that the WR's are the best unit on the 112th rated offense in the country. im not sure how good that actually is.

I'm not saying that it's good, just that there are a lot of other coaches that should be fired before Sos.

Sos, White, and Wholley are the only ones who really recruit a lot of the uncommitted kids. That's the problem when 5 of your coaches are 55 or older.

Reaction Score
Sos does well recruiting but when you fail to have production at a position as consistently as we have I think you have to ultimately put it on the position coach. I just don't see how we make it look so hard to competently pass the ball down the field. It's baffling.

Reaction Score
If Cersosimo is such a good recruiter he will land on his feet at another BCS level school...his run here has played itself out, time for him to move on. He shold have been replaced when Edsall left. If he gets another BCS level job I will be VERY surprised

Reaction Score
If Cersosimo is such a good recruiter he will land on his feet at another BCS level school...his run here has played itself out, time for him to move on. He shold have been replaced when Edsall left. If he gets another BCS level job I will be VERY surprised

SHOCKED is more like it.

Reaction Score
I'm not saying that it's good, just that there are a lot of other coaches that should be fired before Sos.

Sos, White, and Wholley are the only ones who really recruit a lot of the uncommitted kids. That's the problem when 5 of your coaches are 55 or older.
I totally agree with this statement. I find that the older coaches are still stuck in the old days of recruiting...they don't use social networking and they really cannot relate to the recruits as much as the younger coaches do!!

Reaction Score
true but this late in the game, there is a hell of a lot of difference between marginally better and materially worse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom