I want Tressel | The Boneyard

I want Tressel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Physical offense and tough defense. Get back to good oline play, running the ball and stopping people.

These are the things we did best in our best years.

He will also recruit in PA and OH.

Reaction Score
His 5 year show clause is a HUGE stumbling block! See below:

These are paragraphs taken from this USA today article:
http://content.usatoday.com/communi...e-ncaa-sanctions-jim-tressel-terrelle-pryor/1

"Former coach Jim Tressel was hit with a show-cause penalty of five years for committing violations, including lying to the NCAA and failing to report violations. Tressel's punishment mirrors the case of former Tennessee basketball coach Bruce Pearl, who admitted lying to NCAA investigators. Pearl received a three-year sanction. The ban could effectively eliminate Tressel from coaching until the 2017 season. If another school wants to hire Tressel before the penalty expires, it must go before the NCAA committee on infractions to argue its case."

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
His 5 year show clause is a HUGE stumbling block!

I know.

I don't care.

They need to make a big statement- this would qualify.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I would take Tressel or Petrino, despite the churning feeling in my stomach over what they may do when they're here. Either one would certainly create infinite buzz and get our program winning fast.

Just make sure that you hire an extra "compliance officer" to follow them around once they're here... ;)

Reaction Score
I would take Tressel or Petrino, despite the churning feeling in my stomach over what they may do when they're here. Either one would certainly create infinite buzz and get our program winning fast.

Just make sure that you hire an extra "compliance officer" to follow them around once they're here... ;)

I can't see why Petrino would even consider coming here. I am sure Tressel would, but the team is not going to go near him. Not that I blame them.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
If Texas or UNC went before the NCAA to argue its case for Tressel, they'd likely get the a-okay. If UCONN went before the NCAA to argue its case for Tressel, they'd likely get a 10 year APR ban and demoted to the Yankee Conference in all sports immediately.

Reaction Score
Show cause? Ok.

53165937_display_image.jpg

That enough god damn cause for ya?

Reaction Score
Petrino: Western Kentucky, 850k
Pasqualoni: UConn, 1.6 million

NOW can you see why Petrino might come here?

Definitely an upgrade $$$ wise over WKU, but he will likely get offers from a better team, in a better conference, for more $$$. I think Petrino is as slimy of a coach as they come, but he will be in demand.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Definitely an upgrade $ wise over WKU, but he will likely get offers from a better team, in a better conference, for more $. I think Petrino is as slimy of a coach as they come, but he will be in demand.

That's why you offer him 2 million (I don't think there will be many takers over that number), and sign him for 3 or 4 years. Enough time for him to get our program back on track and a short enough time so that he thinks it's worth it to him too (in case he wants to jump ship)...

Reaction Score
LMFAO, @ UCDave's show cause. Well done sir. This is right up there with Nelson's "Have you ever been so mad you start swinging a cactus" post. Someone please post that again.

Reaction Score
Physical offense and tough defense. Get back to good oline play, running the ball and stopping people.

These are the things we did best in our best years.

He will also recruit in PA and OH.

I want a head coach who throws ball and can recruit playmakers. Old time New England football isn't played anymore. Now it's all wide open and exciting.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The Tressel show-cause is not that big of a deal - I get the sense that whoever wrote that USA Today article didn't really understand what it meant.

If you wanted to hire him, you would have to go before the infractions committee and argue why you should not be subject to the penalties attached to Tressel. Now, if you lost, Tressel would be unable to coach in any capacity over the first five weeks of his first season and if you make it to a bowl game that year, he would have to sit it out.

The stigma of hiring the first football coach with a show-cause is more daunting than the penalty.

That said, I want no part of Tressel.

I don't want a coach who was caught cheating before he got to UConn....I want a guy who will start cheating once he gets to UConn.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I have to believe that most schools would have no problem bringing in Tressel. Somehow, I think that we would be given a severe penalty for even thinking about hiring him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom