I feel like the life blood is being sucked out of me... | The Boneyard

I feel like the life blood is being sucked out of me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This team has become the black hole of my universe. Once again trailing big in the first quarter. Career day by an opposing receiver against our veteran secondary. True to form unimaginative playcalling while trying to score from inside the 8 yard line with the game on the line. Running a bunker mentality offense designed by Neanderthals.
There is talk in numerous threads about inability to fill the RENT on game day. You know what puts fannies in the seats? Attack style offense! The opposition knowing that you are coming at them in all phases from play 1, not just when you are hopelessly behind. How about this for a game adjustment? Open the play book at the start of the game, not in the middle of the 2nd quarter.
I was apopleptic at Syracuse's drive to secure the win after UConn's inability to tie the game from inside the 8 yard line. This is shaping up to be a brutal season, & I feel like I'm watching from the hillside while Nero torches Rome.

On a totally unrelated note it was a pleasure to have Waquoit, his girlfriend, Storrsroars, & his friend join our talegate yesterday. Great camaraderie. Knowledgeable fans. We collectively talked each other off of the ledge.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
We keep asking the coaches to "open up the playbook" yet I'm starting to think that the playbook only consists of a few plays and we've already seen them open it up......:(

Reaction Score
Hate to agree but I agree. It's disheartening to not only see the constant struggles & blunders of this team every game, and every season, but also to watch other teams around college football make smooth plays on offense and run crisp playcalling that we can only dream about. We make gaining yardage look like a major chore on every snap. Yesterday BS managed to throw a few downfield and we scarcely looked like we had any clue what we're doing. On the other hand teams like Cuse and Virginia toss up a long pass and it's a better than 50/50 chance the receiver comes down with it. Just feel so far away from where we need to be. We keep waiting for them to turn the corner and get back to being competitive to the level of pre-2010, but seems like we're getting nowhere, or at least moving at a snail's pace, and losing faith that the guy in charge is leading us in the right direction.

We struggled against Maine. MAINE for God's sake. That alone was a telling sign that this team hasn't improved from last year. Now we're 2-2 and headed into a buzzsaw the next few games. Gonna be a rough month unless they pull a rabbit out of their hat and get this turned around.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Overall satisfaction level, on a scale from 0 to 10:

Winning and playing aggressively .... 10
Winning and playing ugly .... 7.5
Losing and playing aggressively .... 2.5
Losing and playing ugly .... 0

We're 2-2 (not 0-4), so we're not a "0". But you probably get my point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom