I count 8 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I count 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"Wisconsin, Penn State, Michigan, Florida, and others IMO saw easy pickings in CT"

I don't see that changing, especially with our present conference affiliation. Folks had better get their heads wrapped around realistic expectations and fantasy or the www.firecoachdiaco.com url will be secured on Aug. 29th. at about 10:30PM.

I just don't get the fans that criticize Coach Edsall for missing out on national recruits from Connecticut. Like it is a no brainer a ct kid has a lean towards UCONN. We will continue to struggle getting 4-5 star CT kids, even moreso now that we are not in a P5 conference. My hope is that Coach D and staff can evaluate talent as well as Edsall did.

And I am sick of hearing about strained relationships with ct high school coaches. Big baby high school coaches (some, not all) held petty grudges against Edsall. Yet they all loved Coach P. But yet I failed to see the 4-5 star CT kids commit to UCONN during Coach P's tenure. Coaches like Lou Marinelli need to stop making it all about them, and stop crying.

Sorry for the rant.

Reaction Score
Hey, I'ld love to see all the talent stay in state, we just have to be realistic. Anybody who thinks stud recruits are mistaking UCONN for Penn State and Wisconsin are living in a dream world. I am sure Edsall did alienate some CT HS coaches. But, he was a hell of a good evaluator of talent.

Reaction Score
I just don't get the fans that criticize Coach Edsall for missing out on national recruits from Connecticut. Like it is a no brainer a ct kid has a lean towards UCONN. We will continue to struggle getting 4-5 star CT kids, even moreso now that we are not in a P5 conference. My hope is that Coach D and staff can evaluate talent as well as Edsall did.

And I am sick of hearing about strained relationships with ct high school coaches. Big baby high school coaches (some, not all) held petty grudges against Edsall. Yet they all loved Coach P. But yet I failed to see the 4-5 star CT kids commit to UCONN during Coach P's tenure. Coaches like Lou Marinelli need to stop making it all about them, and stop crying.

Sorry for the rant.
One of FHCRE's strengths was at evaluating talent, much better than PP imo, but if CT hs coaches held grudges against Edsall the question I ask is why? And it wasn't just Lou Marinelli it was almost all of them. I mean what did he do to piss all these guys off? I think instead of getting to the root of the problem, Edsall got huffy and arrogant with them. Coach P was not as well liked in this state as you might think.

http://www.maizenbrew.com/2010/3/1/1331216/randy-edsall-best-players-in-the

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The biggest recruiting weakness for Edsall IMO, while at Connecticut, was his almost total inability to recruit in state.
Compare the kids that we had a realistic shot at landing but missed out on (Kittrell, Kabongo) with those who nobody heard of before ending up at UConn (Lutrus, Hurd, Hicks) and it is safe to say that RE didn't do that badly (this is not even factoring Dan-O into the equation).

With most of the kids we missed out on, we had little realistic chance of landing. The couple that we did have a shot at (Kittrell's father wanted him to go to a bigger name, Iowa fit the bill, Kabongo's HS coach didn't view UConn as anything more than what we were in the late 1980's) were lost due to preconceived notions of what we were as a football program. Granted, RE did himself (and the program) few favors with his personality and his communication skills but considering what the state produces, we did well enough considering how new we were to this level of football.

Reaction Score
I'm am happy that they inked Diggs and Ron Johnson. The others may perform in 3 years.

I kind of wished that they tapped a very close ND recruit, but in the big picture who cares. Diggs and Johnson may well be solid very soon, giving the coach high marks on last minute grads.

Spring starts soon and from what I hear on the BY its a new brand of UConn football, instilled by HCBD. Go Huskies!!!

Reaction Score
To me Diaco can be the shiniest car salesman this side of South Bend but all that talk and energy don't mean squat if UConn isn't playing football during the holidays. That's the measuring stick regardless of who they bring in for recruits. That's the measuring stick that got P canned and the one the conference re-alignment Gods, the better recruits and prospective fans will use. Get UConn to a bowl game Diaco!! Get UConn to a playoff game!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom