I am so done with you ESPN! Done, you hear me! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I am so done with you ESPN! Done, you hear me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The problem is that Pheesa is so methodical. Greenwell has a penchant for the dramatic.

They were both awesome. Pheesa will have other days.
Collier already has something Greenwell never will: a national championship.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Napheesa is shooting an un-worldly .667 from the floor, the last time I looked.

I think it's fine that she remains below the radar screen.
I don't sense that she's emotionally ready for a Maya type publicity barrage as yet.
(I do remember some writer noting some similarities in their games).

Part of Geno's problem with understanding this group of young woman
is his complaint (last week) that they play hard and take instruction when they feel like it
There is a decided lack of fierceness in Lou and Pheesa...at least outwardly...I bet even in practice from time to time

Almost like the dreaded appellation of yore..."Valley Girls."

But in recent games, these slightly ditzy (appearing) young woman
have displayed remarkable toughness and inner fortitude.

And if Geno can complete their transformation into bad-ass UConn types.

Watch out, NCAA Woman's BB 16-17

They'll beat your behind real good.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Rebecca Greenwell, just like Chanette Hicks last week, were easy selections. Both had great games in an unexpected upsets that got publicity. Its a result of looking at one game with publicity vs looking at multiple players complete body of work for the week.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
ESPN has named Rebecca Greenwell of Duke as it's player of the Week. Nothing against Rebecca or Duke but the Duke win over SC was great in which Greenwell had 29 points.
Duke's Greenwell is espnW's player of the week.

Here is the most outlandish part: Also considered were Keyona Hayes, Miami; Alexis Jones, Baylor; Maria Martianez, Oral Roberts; Jessica Thomas, Miami.

Not considered was Napheesa Collier who stats for the week included: three games where she scored 23, 18 and 24 points, converting 30 of 39 shots.
Much ado about nothing..........about half way through every one of their games, I mute the TV.....even Lawson, in the last game, started talking about football!

Reaction Score
Oh I would love to hear all the evidence you have "gathered" to support such a silly claim.

It seems as though this board should be renamed the Whineyard.
images

Reaction Score
ESPN has named Rebecca Greenwell of Duke as it's player of the Week. Nothing against Rebecca or Duke but the Duke win over SC was great in which Greenwell had 29 points.

Here is the most outlandish part: Also considered were Keyona Hayes, Miami; Alexis Jones, Baylor; Maria Martianez, Oral Roberts; Jessica Thomas, Miami.

Not considered was Napheesa Collier who stats for the week included: three games where she scored 23, 18 and 24 points, converting 30 of 39 shots.

As much as Id like to join in your boycott--I can't tonight's game is on ESpn!!
This kind of disssss-regarding Uconn players only makes them want to show the WORLD their rating people are WRONG.
Note: Duke was hitting on all cylinders against--USC. Pundits did a job on USC's bigs and lack of 3 ball. Credit Duke.

Reaction Score
Napheesa is shooting an un-worldly .667 from the floor, the last time I looked.

I think it's fine that she remains below the radar screen.
I don't sense that she's emotionally ready for a Maya type publicity barrage as yet.
(I do remember some writer noting some similarities in their games).

Part of Geno's problem with understanding this group of young woman
is his complaint (last week) that they play hard and take instruction when they feel like it
There is a decided lack of fierceness in Lou and Pheesa...at least outwardly...I bet even in practice from time to time

Almost like the dreaded appellation of yore..."Valley Girls."

But in recent games, these slightly ditzy (appearing) young woman
have displayed remarkable toughness and inner fortitude.

And if Geno can complete their transformation into bad-ass UConn types.

Watch out, NCAA Woman's BB 16-17

They'll beat your behind real good.

If Napheesa and Katie Lou ---OH------WOW! Send us a dozen more from that Valley.
Toughness is not some thing that really tough people show outwardly--.
I like the "these slightly ditzy young women have displayed remarkable toughness and inner
Fortitude (I call that the real toughness)!!!!
I don't know if you noticed Butler in her last game---she showed inner fortitude, and some toughness.

Reaction Score
IMO, Alexis Jones absolutely deserved her mention as she was freaking amazing against Tennessee and put herself into position to be a first team AA selection.
Alexis Jones has been incredible! I agree with you ETT!

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score

ESPN named Gabby Williams Player of the Week, with Katie Lou Samuelson being one of four other players considered.

UConn's Williams is espnW's player of the week

Perhaps ESPN reads the Boneyard... :)

Reaction Score
I have no problems with ESPN today ;)
I don't think the poster had issues with Greenwell. I think it was more the fact that stellar performances by Napheesa Collins didn't earn her at least CONSIDERATION. She wasn't even an afterthought! Makes no sense to anyone who knows basketball and knows the level of competition UConn played over those three games.

Reaction Score
Much ado about nothing.....about half way through every one of their games, I mute the TV.....even Lawson, in the last game, started talking about football!
I don't know if I'd ever mute Lawson. I think she's awesome

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
I don't know if I'd ever mute Lawson. I think she's awesome
She is, that's why I said that. "Even" her. She is the best, but why talk about football during a basketball game?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
IMO, Alexis Jones absolutely deserved her mention as she was freaking amazing against Tennessee and put herself into position to be a first team AA selection.

I'm still trying to figure out whether I loved her performance more for the sheer excellence of it or for the fact that she almost singlehandedly embarrassed the bejeezus out of Tennessee on its home floor.

Reaction Score
She is, that's why I said that. "Even" her. She is the best, but why talk about football during a basketball game?
Because that's what they're paying the esteemed Ms Lawson to do. Irritating as hell, granted, but she's the employee and works off a script just like the rest of 'em. Just does a much better job of it so we don't mind it as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom