I already can't stand ECU and they've been in our midst for less than 24 hours | Page 5 | The Boneyard

I already can't stand ECU and they've been in our midst for less than 24 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I must admit, ECU will school all of us in how to be football fans.
UCONN has some great football fans but there aren't enough of us. Basketball rules as far as most UCONN fans are concerned. Hopefully Bob Diaco & Co. will breathe new life into the program.

and yes, hopefully ECU fans enthusiasm will be positive for the American!

Reaction Score
I have been to an ECU home game. They have a pretty vibrant scene going on down there on gameday. They add quality to this quagmire. Not sure I would travel to a game there again though.

Reaction Score
True, but not all BBQ places are created equal. I'm just looking for some recommendations from people that go to ECU games or have been to the area.

Having lived in Birmingham for almost 30 years (a place that has more BBQ joints then Hartford county has Starbucks) I would humbly give the following advice. Get recommendations but be wary, BBQ is like wine, individual taste is usually the most important factor. NC BBQ tends to be dry rubbed and many who expect either a tangy tomato or vinegar based sauce are often disappointed.

Reaction Score
Having lived in Birmingham for almost 30 years (a place that has more BBQ joints then Hartford county has Starbucks) I would humbly give the following advice. Get recommendations but be wary, BBQ is like wine, individual taste is usually the most important factor. NC BBQ tends to be dry rubbed and many who expect either a tangy tomato or vinegar based sauce are often disappointed.

Maybe I'll make a weekend out of it and try a few places.

Reaction Score
The angst toward ECU is misplaced. UCF is far more annoying.

I direct your attention to crap like this:

"No temple would be a Mac call up. The way I see it neither uconn or temple should be talking crap about football. Uconn was a bball only school that got grandfathered into the bigeasts football. The rest of us had to earn our way in and didn't have the resources they had. Temple was relegated to the Mac but came back so stop with the cusa call up crap. "

http://csnbbs.com/thread-693911-page-4.html

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
The angst toward ECU is misplaced. UCF is far more annoying.

I direct your attention to crap like this:

"No temple would be a Mac call up. The way I see it neither uconn or temple should be talking crap about football. Uconn was a bball only school that got grandfathered into the bigeasts football. The rest of us had to earn our way in and didn't have the resources they had. Temple was relegated to the Mac but came back so stop with the cusa call up crap. "

http://csnbbs.com/thread-693911-page-4.html

I love how people here are willing to judge an entire school on the idiotic posts of a few people on an internet forum! Imagine if UConn were judged by some of the crap that our dumbest posters put out there? Yikes!

I have no problem with ECU, and I certainly have no problem with BCS bowl-winning UCF. Those football partners are not the problem...

Reaction Score
I love how people here are willing to judge an entire school on the idiotic posts of a few people on an internet forum! Imagine if UConn were judged by some of the crap that our dumbest posters put out there? Yikes!

I have no problem with ECU, and I certainly have no problem with BCS bowl-winning UCF. Those football partners are not the problem...

I would say 100% of the UCF posters agree with that guy. You would have thought they had the BCS NC instead of Fiesta Bowl against watered down Big 12 school.

Reaction Score

Name names or this post is FUBAR.

Reaction Score
Last year including Louisville 52,914 and Rutgers, 46,549 and without Navy 35,588 ECU 43,985, Tulsa 19,893, and Tulane 19,747 the American averaged 33,712.

UCF 42,084
USF 34,702
CINCY 31,771
UCONN 30,932
Memphis 28,537
Houston, 24,256
Temple 22,473
SMU 18,725

ECU is the current leader in the club house and by adding another 10K they should lead the American in attendance. I expect that all the teams in the American will increase as it is for sure them leader in the best of the rest or non Power 5.

We actually averaged over 50k in 2011, but our schedule last year consisted of acronym soup like duckU, UAB, etc. So it didn't exactly get us excited.

Reaction Score
I have been to an ECU home game. They have a pretty vibrant scene going on down there on gameday. They add quality to this quagmire. Not sure I would travel to a game there again though.

Why?

Reaction Score
Greenville seemed kind of remote. Not much else to do there besides see the game.
Yeah, it's really just your traditional college town. Campus, sports, lots of college bars. ECU draws a lot of students from the metro areas of NC as well as the coast---so when there's no game students may go to Raleigh or the beach on a Saturday.

Reaction Score

I tried NC bar b cue once,didn't like the chopped up meat and vinegar based sauce, at all. Was expecting ribs.

Reaction Score
I tried NC bar b cue once,didn't like the chopped up meat and vinegar based sauce, at all. Was expecting ribs.
If ribs are what you're expecting, that would probably be an unwelcome surprise.

This is the type of barbecue we have down here. This is a bbq joint in a very small town south of Greenville. Delicious barbecue, and you feel like you've stepped into the past when you go there.

Reaction Score
Last year including Louisville 52,914 and Rutgers, 46,549 and without Navy 35,588 ECU 43,985, Tulsa 19,893, and Tulane 19,747 the American averaged 33,712.

UCF 42,084
USF 34,702
CINCY 31,771
UCONN 30,932
Memphis 28,537
Houston, 24,256
Temple 22,473
SMU 18,725

ECU is the current leader in the club house and by adding another 10K they should lead the American in attendance. I expect that all the teams in the American will increase as it is for sure them leader in the best of the rest or non Power 5.

This fannies in the seats thing is an apples to oranges comparison.

For instance, what if you do this?

http://newbrunswicktoday.com/articl...-fistfuls-free-football-tickets-sales-dropped

41% of tickets are free.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
That 604,000 fans in NYC was a POLL, which they used to constantly threw out there as to their superiority in the city. They probably voted multiple times each. I 'm sure that most UConn fans were not aware of the poll.

Reaction Score
Having gone to school in NC. I can assure you that ECU viewed as the Cousin Eddie of North Carolina schools - slow, dim witted, unemployed, drinks swill and likely has an unnatural attraction to a cousin or sibling.

I will tell you however they can throw a hell of a party in Greenville.

Reaction Score
I may have to check my calendar again but I think the game at ECU is on a Thursday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom